U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-08-2010, 06:07 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,577,152 times
Reputation: 5149

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
There was something about that name that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I wonder why.
Here's what I found:

Quote:
~Tristan~
The name Tristan comes from the Celtic origin. In Celtic The meaning of the name Tristan is: Tumult; outcry. From the Celtic name Tristan. In Arthurian legend Tristan was a Knight of the Round Table and tragic hero of the medieval tale Tristram and Isolde.


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-08-2010, 06:08 PM
 
7,813 posts, read 10,709,719 times
Reputation: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Me, too.
Maybe we could become charter members of the CCDA (Cinematic Cultural Darkness Association) together!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 06:17 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,577,152 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June's never seen it.

She lives in cinematic cultural darkness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Me, too.
Then you should see it...if you are a softy...you'll like it.

Caution: Make sure that you have a full box of kleenex handy...

For a good laugh...I watch (over and over again) The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly...pure entertainment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,188 posts, read 21,025,220 times
Reputation: 22134
I've been out all day! I love Legends of the Fall and love the name Tristan as well! However - my husband nixed it as a name for our future child. He's nixed a lot of my name suggestions. It's okay though - because that means I get to nix some of his suggestions as well. For instance - he wants to name a kid "Clutch." NOOOOOO!!!!

But back to Legends of the Fall. It's a total tear jerker! The first time I saw it - I started watching after it had already started, and within 5 minutes - I was bawling my eyes out! I do love it, though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 07:47 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,577,152 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I've been out all day! I love Legends of the Fall and love the name Tristan as well! However - my husband nixed it as a name for our future child. He's nixed a lot of my name suggestions. It's okay though - because that means I get to nix some of his suggestions as well. For instance - he wants to name a kid "Clutch." NOOOOOO!!!!

But back to Legends of the Fall. It's a total tear jerker! The first time I saw it - I started watching after it had already started, and within 5 minutes - I was bawling my eyes out! I do love it, though!
Wow...another..

I hope your husband changes his mind...with a little nuzzling from a cutie like you...I'm sure you'll have a little Tristan sooon! (yikes...I hope you didn't think the "nuzzling" is a double intendre)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 08:59 PM
 
7,813 posts, read 10,709,719 times
Reputation: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I've been out all day! I love Legends of the Fall and love the name Tristan as well! However - my husband nixed it as a name for our future child. He's nixed a lot of my name suggestions. It's okay though - because that means I get to nix some of his suggestions as well. For instance - he wants to name a kid "Clutch." NOOOOOO!!!!
"June" is a lovely name for a baby girl, ya know!

P.S. "HH"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,972 posts, read 22,145,963 times
Reputation: 10709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I've been out all day! I love Legends of the Fall and love the name Tristan as well! However - my husband nixed it as a name for our future child. He's nixed a lot of my name suggestions. It's okay though - because that means I get to nix some of his suggestions as well. For instance - he wants to name a kid "Clutch." NOOOOOO!!!!
Clutch? You can't be serious!!! That reminds me of the commercial where the guy is trying to teach his little boy new words. He's standing by his new truck, and he says to the kid, "Can you say Hemi?" The little kid says, "Hemi!" so cute. But seriously, nobody names their kid Clutch. What on earth is he thinking????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 11:09 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,188 posts, read 21,025,220 times
Reputation: 22134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Clutch? You can't be serious!!! That reminds me of the commercial where the guy is trying to teach his little boy new words. He's standing by his new truck, and he says to the kid, "Can you say Hemi?" The little kid says, "Hemi!" so cute. But seriously, nobody names their kid Clutch. What on earth is he thinking????
That's what I keep telling him!!! I told him he can name our dog Clutch but I am NOT naming my child Clutch!!! I think he has given up hope but he still brings it up every now and then - he's just being funny... I hope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2010, 05:48 PM
 
7,813 posts, read 10,709,719 times
Reputation: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

...and love the name Tristan as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93

he wants to name a kid "Clutch."

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

"June" is a lovely name for a baby girl, ya know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93

I am NOT naming my child Clutch!!!
Okay, June has a thought around this dilemma. June feels we should take "appropriate action" here and call upon the strength of the whole forum. June is debating whether it would be in Dewdrop's interest to post a thread, with a poll in it, as there is strength in numbers! The poll could go something like this:

"What in your opinion should the prospective parents name their soon-to-be-conceived little heatherist?"

1- Tristan
2- June
3- Clutch
4- Little Heatherist

~June's thinkin' this should just about cover all the bases!

P.S. Dewdrop, fear not: June's just kidding, promise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2010, 05:52 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,577,152 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Okay, June has a thought around this dilemma. June feels we should take "appropriate action" here and call upon the strength of the whole forum. June is debating whether it would be in Dewdrop's interest to post a thread, with a poll in it, as there is strength in numbers! The poll could go something like this:

"What in your opinion should the prospective parents name their soon-to-be-conceived little heatherist?"

1- Tristan
2- June
3- Clutch
4- Little Heatherist

~June's thinkin' this should just about cover all the bases!

P.S. Dewdrop, fear not: June's just kidding, promise!
I'll never go for "Clutch"...that I'm sure of!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top