U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-12-2010, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Vancouver, BC
823 posts, read 1,121,072 times
Reputation: 168

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
There is little more healing than a sense of humor!

Ans...You are an Inspiration and a warm and welcoming soul here on CD. Have a Blessed Day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-12-2010, 04:02 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,572,979 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Ans.....My boys except for the youngest are all in their early 20's..... I cannot imagine and my heart goes out to you. My youngest left on an airplane a few weeks ago for 4 months and I was so sad and it was then that I thought that 4 months is only 4months - I couldn't imagine the pain of "until heaven".
Enjoy your children SisterKat...and let the essence of love be their daily bread...and watch them mature to goodness.

I don't allow pain to destroy my spirit...a common trait that is evinced through our friends here, no wonder we gravitate toward one another...ho boy! world, watch out...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2010, 04:26 PM
 
Location: In God's country
1,059 posts, read 2,417,807 times
Reputation: 608
Hello everyone. And thank you for the heartfelt welcome. Sorry i just got everyone's messages. I've been crazy busy. I started back to school. What was i thinking at my age? lol. I have yet to figure out what i want to be when i grow up.

Thank you Miss Blue for guiding me back. I love great conversations without anyone being right or wrong. In today's world, that's very hard to achieve. I have been blessed with some great friendships from here and I'm hoping to increase my friendships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2010, 04:36 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,572,979 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Hello everyone. And thank you for the heartfelt welcome. Sorry i just got everyone's messages. I've been crazy busy. I started back to school. What was i thinking at my age? lol. I have yet to figure out what i want to be when i grow up.

Thank you Miss Blue for guiding me back. I love great conversations without anyone being right or wrong. In today's world, that's very hard to achieve. I have been blessed with some great friendships from here and I'm hoping to increase my friendships.
This thread is fast becoming a "women's circle"...does that tell you something?

Yea!!! to US ladies... And a cheer or two for ann...no expiration date for learning...

Last edited by ans57; 09-12-2010 at 05:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2010, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,188 posts, read 21,000,505 times
Reputation: 22134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I believe, it's all for a reason Dewdrop...just like the four seasons...

One thing that I do amidst sadness...is have a smile ready and a joke or two (LOL) and get berated at times because of it...hehehe
My mother and I had one of the best laughs while we were spreading my father's ashes out at sea. My father had taken me to an orchid museum when I was younger - so orchids always made me think of my father. When we were on the boat tossing his ashes overboard, we were also tossing flowers. The flowers were all different kinds - and some of them were orchids. My mother said, "Why don't we save the orchids for last - I think that would be special" right as I was tossing the last of the orchids. We looked at each other and burst out laughing! My father was a funny guy and we think he would have appreciated it! Needless to say, we got some mighty funny looks from everyone else on the boat since no one else had heard our conversation! Laughter can really be the best medicine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2010, 04:49 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,572,979 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My mother and I had one of the best laughs while we were spreading my father's ashes out at sea. My father had taken me to an orchid museum when I was younger - so orchids always made me think of my father. When we were on the boat tossing his ashes overboard, we were also tossing flowers. The flowers were all different kinds - and some of them were orchids. My mother said, "Why don't we save the orchids for last - I think that would be special" right as I was tossing the last of the orchids. We looked at each other and burst out laughing! My father was a funny guy and we think he would have appreciated it! Needless to say, we got some mighty funny looks from everyone else on the boat since no one else had heard our conversation! Laughter can really be the best medicine!
What a profound example Dewdrop...yes...the spirit of healing is in belly aching laughters...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2010, 05:15 PM
 
Location: In God's country
1,059 posts, read 2,417,807 times
Reputation: 608
What a wonderful story Dewdrop.
Thank you for the cheers ans...I'm going to need that because tomorrow is my first big test. yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2010, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,572 posts, read 21,715,728 times
Reputation: 18115
Sunshine, even at my Ahem..mature age, I would go back to school in a heartbeat given the right circumstances..But alas I have yet to experience the empty nest syndrome..

Oldest daughter is 42 and in her first year of Nursing school..I take care of her 26 year old son Michael, who paralyzed and is taking this term off from college for personal and medical reasons..

Good luck with that exam tomorrow, but I know you will ace it anyway
__________________
Moderator of:
Non Romantic Relationships
Parenting and sub forums
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2010, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,188 posts, read 21,000,505 times
Reputation: 22134
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
What a wonderful story Dewdrop.
Thank you for the cheers ans...I'm going to need that because tomorrow is my first big test. yikes.
Good luck! I think it's great that you are going back to school! I think you get so much more out of school when you go later. It's your choice, you are paying for it, and you really want to be there! I know that everytime I take a new class - I realize how much I took my highschool and college education for granted. I study more, I work harder, and I learn more the older I get! So good luck and have fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2010, 05:58 PM
 
Location: West Coast USA
1,577 posts, read 1,848,511 times
Reputation: 3140
Best wishes, Sunshine!

I just thought of a song I sang on the radio in my small town while a small child.

So let the sunshine in
Face it with a grin
Smilers never loose
And frowners never win
So let the sunshine in
Face it with a grin
Open up your heart
And let the sunshine in.

What a funny little memory. I haven't thought of that in decades!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top