U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2010, 07:42 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,849,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
That is good to know that our hearts can still love even after the one our heart panted after moved on, and there are so many people in this realm who can use that love. We should never let it shrivel up and die.
My tendency, initially, was to not allow anyone into my space, other than my children. I am thankful that after 9 years, I changed my mind. Well, sort of. I got married 10 years after Husband #1 died, but really, it took me still longer to really let him into my heart.

Just one of the things that can happen -- we sometimes try to protect our hearts from another loss by not letting important people in. I see this as the wrong thing to do: we miss a lot by doing it -- love, growth, joy, more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 03:33 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,418,426 times
You are so true VelcroQueen love, grow, joy and more.

Well friends, i didnt do too bad on my exam today. But, did you ever have a day when you feel like your being kicked down constantly. That is me today.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:59 PM

40,066 posts, read 26,744,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I remember watching that as a kid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I remember watching it wheb I was grown up
Well . . . at least I remember watching it yesterday . . . . . . he, he!

Old 09-13-2010, 04:08 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,574,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
You are so true VelcroQueen love, grow, joy and more.

Well friends, i didnt do too bad on my exam today. But, did you ever have a day when you feel like your being kicked down constantly. That is me today.
I'm glad your anxiety is done with...and did well with your exam...What are you taking, by the way?

Old 09-13-2010, 04:43 PM

I havent decided which direction i want to go yet. This is my first semester. Part of me cant believe im actually doing it, and the other part is saying...girl what are you thinking. lol. I love to create, i love photos, i love helping and talking to people. Anyone wanna help me figure this out? lol

Old 09-13-2010, 05:05 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,574,446 times
Quote:
I havent decided which direction i want to go yet. This is my first semester. Part of me cant believe im actually doing it, and the other part is saying...girl what are you thinking. lol. I love to create, i love photos, i love helping and talking to people. Anyone wanna help me figure this out? lol
Well, BA is a good start...you can figure out where your academic strength lies along the way... Hurray for sunshineann...

Old 09-13-2010, 05:49 PM

Thank you ans for the hurray's...i appreciate it

Old 09-13-2010, 05:49 PM

13,572 posts, read 21,720,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well . . . at least I remember watching it yesterday . . . . . . he, he!
Well we finally have one of our men posters..

Sunshine, I know you love photography and have your computer full of your photos. You need something to keep you behind a camera..Don't know if you have had any formal training in photography, but may it be something to consider..

I would love to have time to monitor a creative writing class..I am old enough to do that, ya know
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 09-13-2010, 06:00 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,491,420 times
Quote:

This might be a horrible suggestion, and I know I could never do it in a million years, but there are people who photograph babies with their mothers after the babies have been stillborn or have died shortly after being born. I hear many mothers are very greatful to have those photos. They are peacefully and tastefully done.

I would much rather photograph birthday parties.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:04 PM

1,433 posts, read 3,527,069 times
Hi Blue and everyone ! I am checking in and saw your post ! Thirsties doing well. Mama Thirsty is teaching preschool this year and loving it. It is still WAY TO HOT in Texas for this Tennessee girl. I miss my fall! Whatch been up too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or