U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2010, 07:43 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,851,122 times

Advertisements

Hi, Mystic! Good to have you.

Wow, Herefornow. That's quite a suggestion for Sunshine, if she can handle it. It would be more of an extremely personal service. Me? I'm clueless. Have you taken one of those tests at school? I know they had them when I was in college in the '80s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 08:01 PM

823 posts, read 1,122,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Thank you ans for the hurray's...i appreciate it
A photographer..... you could take business in school and then have your own photography business.. I am assisting someone with a wedding budget and photography does not come cheap.

Something to ponder!

Old 09-13-2010, 08:14 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,494,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
A photographer..... you could take business in school and then have your own photography business.. I am assisting someone with a wedding budget and photography does not come cheap.

Something to ponder!

A happy occasion. That is a good suggestion.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:49 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,419,920 times
Can i just say that you my friends are awesome. Thanks for all the encouragement. I do love photography Miss Blue. I've never had "training" but had planned on taking some classes, i couldnt get in this semester. SisterKat...are you in my backpack? I've been looking at the Business degree as well. lol..
Herefornow...thats a great suggestion, to be honest, i dont think i could handle it. It would take a very special person to be able to do that. Death in infants have hit too close to home. Thank you for your thoughts though.
Business..you know i've thought about it, where i live there are many photographers, but i've been pondering what can i do different yet combine things i love. If you dont mind let me throw something out there....a photography combined with scrapbooking studio. I've got ideas in my head...just not sure yet how to get it out.

Hi Mystic...its good to hear from you.

I hope that all my friends here have a blessed day today.
Sunshineann

Old 09-14-2010, 05:14 AM

Photography combined with scrapbooking? Now that scrapbooking is here, I doubt it will ever die out completely, but at this time, would you need to come up with something very special? With your apparent creativeness, I'll bet you could.

For those of us who don't want to spend the bucks on all the special equipment, those without the time for scrapbooking, and those who feel deficit in artistic ability, you could make them your special business projects.

I wonder if you could have already-prepared pages, according to subjects, that people could purchase and slip special photos into? I'd buy that in lieu of having to spend the time myself.

Are you interested in ancestry? If you are, I wonder if you could help people with pulling ancestral photos together in albums or maybe individually-bound books.

Oh, forgive me. I should be asleep, but I'm up. Can't sleep. Sitting here drinking cold chocolate milk, made from almond milk, from a canning jar.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:48 AM

VelcroQueen...i love those ideas. I have been told to make pre-made pages to sell. I would love to help people with their albums and pictures. My all time favorite photos.....yup you guess it, the old time pics. I am always curious about the story behind them.

mmm chocolate milk. I have never tried almond milk. I bet it's good.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:58 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,578,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Photography combined with scrapbooking? Now that scrapbooking is here, I doubt it will ever die out completely, but at this time, would you need to come up with something very special? With your apparent creativeness, I'll bet you could.

For those of us who don't want to spend the bucks on all the special equipment, those without the time for scrapbooking, and those who feel deficit in artistic ability, you could make them your special business projects.

I wonder if you could have already-prepared pages, according to subjects, that people could purchase and slip special photos into? I'd buy that in lieu of having to spend the time myself.

Are you interested in ancestry? If you are, I wonder if you could help people with pulling ancestral photos together in albums or maybe individually-bound books.

Oh, forgive me. I should be asleep, but I'm up. Can't sleep. Sitting here drinking cold chocolate milk, made from almond milk, from a canning jar.
That sounds like a lucrative idea Velcro...

Old 09-14-2010, 05:35 PM

823 posts, read 1,122,588 times
Default Retirement

This is such a busy time for me in my business and I so long to be back at the lake and wondering when am I ever going to possibly squeeze the time in to get back to my little piece of heaven.

To those on here that are retired. A question for you.

Do you love retirement? Or do you get bored?

If you are retired are you completely retired or do you still work here and there to keep busy?

I just wonder because I long for the day that I can retire and wonder what it will truly be like when I get there. I pray that I have good health at that time to fully enjoy it.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:08 PM

Ha, thank you. I'm glad my ramblings this morning made sense. I didn't mention that I was thinking of mixing poetry and/or prose with certain photos or albums . . . .

Old 09-15-2010, 11:41 AM

Velccro...i do that. Sometimes i put poetry with certain photos. Or even song lyrics, depending on the picture or the feeling i get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or