U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 01:53 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,852,054 times

Advertisements

Do you ever do your own poetry, etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 03:51 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,420,585 times
Yea, i play around with poetry. I wouldnt say im a poet. lol. But i find that it is a good stress reliever.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:56 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,580,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Yea, i play around with poetry. I wouldnt say im a poet. lol. But i find that it is a good stress reliever.
That's good sunshineann...I love poetry...I write some myself...

Old 09-15-2010, 04:05 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,420,585 times
thats so cool. For those who write, do you keep it in a journal for your eyes only, or do you share it with friends? I draw too but i dont usually have it out for anyone to see, and i layed my book down, and forgot about it (yup something i tell the youngins not to do) and friends came over and nex thing i hear is "wow, we never knew you drew"
If you dont write what do you do for a stress reliever?

Old 09-15-2010, 04:11 PM

7,814 posts, read 10,715,321 times
Quote:

June moderates.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
thats so cool. For those who write, do you keep it in a journal for your eyes only, or do you share it with friends? I draw too but i dont usually have it out for anyone to see, and i layed my book down, and forgot about it (yup something i tell the youngins not to do) and friends came over and nex thing i hear is "wow, we never knew you drew"
Drawing and writing poetry at the same time would be such a gift sunshineann...one can let the imagination go beyond and touch the spirit world for art lovers to appreciate...
I'd like to take a peek at your work, if you don't mind sharing...

Alas...I can't even draw a simple tree...

Old 09-15-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June moderates.

I pick and crush pesky snails...

Old 09-15-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
For those who write, do you keep it in a journal for your eyes only, or do you share it with friends?
If there is perhaps one thing that June has done consistently over the course of her life, it is to write. June used to keep journals, but a number of years back she gathered up all her old journals and shredded them. (There was an odd sense of satisfaction in that...) For the most part, June can honestly say that she writes first and foremost for herself, as it has always been a means by which she processes things. Only recently, within the past year or so, has she begun (on ocassion) to share what she has written with a few people. There is something about the creative process that has always fascinated June, which is not to say that June even remotely thinks of herself as such. --She just 'writes.'

P.S. ...And when June does 'write' she does so in the 'first person.'

Old 09-15-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I pick and crush pesky snails...
...Now how did June just somehow know that!?

Old 09-15-2010, 04:52 PM

40,187 posts, read 26,814,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June moderates.
Being modest . . . are we, "just June"? Well, ladies . . . I tend to relieve stress by reading, sketching, drawing in charcoal, painting with oils, acrylics or watercolor, playing blues piano, and of course meditating . . . depending on my mood. It is mostly for my own or my family's enjoyment . . . seldom for public consumption. It works very well because I tend to get absorbed in whatever I'm doing. As for poetry (not just rhymes) . . . I never did get it . . . until my wife explained to me how words . . . their order, sequencing, sounds and symbolism can convey much more than pure semantic meanings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or