U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 10:42 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,428,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

Here is line from a poem written by "Henry Scott Holland" that sparrow sent me when my mom died earlier this year. I try to focus on this when I become overwhelmed with sadness.

Death is nothing at all, I have only slipped into the next room.~~~Henry Scott Holland

How wonderful that is! Thank you! I am sorry about your mom..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,419,475 times
Hello there my friends. What great things have been going on the past couple of days. Great poetry, songs, sharing, and love of friends. Its awesome!!
Blessings to all of you !!

Old 09-17-2010, 05:09 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,577,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Hello there my friends. What great things have been going on the past couple of days. Great poetry, songs, sharing, and love of friends. Its awesome!!
Blessings to all of you !!
Likewise sunshineanne! Glad to take respite here from the "battle of wits"...whew...

Old 09-17-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June's already made an adaptation via re-writing the lyrics to a well known song, but it's so lousy that she thinks she'd have to be drunk in order to post them!.....
You're always "humbling" your prowess...hmmm...or "it is not what it is"...

Old 09-17-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Ha! You're being kind, Ans. I should have put in a lighter, happier poem, rather than one so dark.

But it's fun anyway!!
I always speak from the core...

Old 09-17-2010, 05:46 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,709,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
You're always "humbling" your prowess...hmmm...or "it is not what it is"...
Humbling my prowess? What "prowess?" --Trust me, what I put together/adapted for the "Velcro Mystics" is about as goofy and stupid as it gets...I took the song "Superstitious' by Stevie Wonder and 're-wrote' the lyrics so that it 'fits' the whole Velcro Mystic theme....And yes, ans, your name is in the lyrics, as well....But it's soooo dopey!

Old 09-17-2010, 05:53 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,709,719 times
Default June: FREAKED!

Hey, folks:

Any animal lovers out there? June is somewhat freaked out, as she arrived home and noticed that there was blood on her little dog's muzzle, underneath one of his eyes...Did my best to clean the blood off (there was a fair amount) and it looks as though the little guy somehow managed to get a gash or a cut on his muzzle under his eye. It's really hard to tell, as Shih Tzu's have a lot of hair....

Where's Dewdrop? She has a Shih Tzu, so perhaps she could shed some light on this mystery...Meanwhile, (believe it or not) June becomes "overly anxious" when there is anything askew with her little dog, as it's like having a baby encased in fur/hair!

I'm the one who is being a 'baby' no doubt, and unfortunatley by the time I got home, the vet was closed...Misha is acting like his normal self, so I am assuming he's not in any pain, but I will take him over to the vet's tomorrow morning....The cut is no longer bleeding after I cleaned it off....I just for the life of me can't figure out how it happened, assuming it's a cut.

Thanks for letting me vent! Trust me, for June to post something this silly means that her anxiety level went from zero to ten in a heartbeat over her little dog.

I'm such a woose....

Old 09-17-2010, 06:14 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,025,220 times
Quote:
Hey, folks:

Any animal lovers out there? June is somewhat freaked out, as she arrived home and noticed that there was blood on her little dog's muzzle, underneath one of his eyes...Did my best to clean the blood off (there was a fair amount) and it looks as though the little guy somehow managed to get a gash or a cut on his muzzle under his eye. It's really hard to tell, as Shih Tzu's have a lot of hair....

Where's Dewdrop? She has a Shih Tzu, so perhaps she could shed some light on this mystery...Meanwhile, (believe it or not) June becomes "overly anxious" when there is anything askew with her little dog, as it's like having a baby encased in fur/hair!

I'm the one who is being a 'baby' no doubt, and unfortunatley by the time I got home, the vet was closed...Misha is acting like his normal self, so I am assuming he's not in any pain, but I will take him over to the vet's tomorrow morning....The cut is no longer bleeding after I cleaned it off....I just for the life of me can't figure out how it happened, assuming it's a cut.

Thanks for letting me vent! Trust me, for June to post something this silly means that her anxiety level went from zero to ten in a heartbeat over her little dog.

I'm such a woose....
I think Misha is probably fine. He probably got into something or tried to stick his head somewhere to smell something. Since shih-tzu's don't really have much of a snout - you know they stick their whole face in anything they are trying to smell, eat, or look at.

I am the biggest baby there is when it comes to my little furball! When I was away in St. Louis and the hubby told me that little Cookie was sick - I cried and cried!

As long as Misha is acting like his usually little self - I'm sure there is nothing to worry about tonight. I know you'll feel better after he's seen the vet tomorrow! Poor little Misha! Cookie sends her love!

Old 09-17-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Humbling my prowess? What "prowess?" --Trust me, what I put together/adapted for the "Velcro Mystics" is about as goofy and stupid as it gets...I took the song "Superstitious' by Stevie Wonder and 're-wrote' the lyrics so that it 'fits' the whole Velcro Mystic theme....And yes, ans, your name is in the lyrics, as well....But it's soooo dopey!

Old 09-17-2010, 06:19 PM

June and Dewdrop...I also have a Japanese Spitz fur ball that I love so dearly. I would react like you do (if not worse) if I suspect something isn't right with my "Spitz. That's his name...quite creative isn't it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or