U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 06:37 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,707,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think Misha is probably fine. He probably got into something or tried to stick his head somewhere to smell something. Since shih-tzu's don't really have much of a snout - you know they stick their whole face in anything they are trying to smell, eat, or look at.

I am the biggest baby there is when it comes to my little furball! When I was away in St. Louis and the hubby told me that little Cookie was sick - I cried and cried!

As long as Misha is acting like his usually little self - I'm sure there is nothing to worry about tonight. I know you'll feel better after he's seen the vet tomorrow! Poor little Misha! Cookie sends her love!
I am soooooo glad that you were online, and responded! Honest to God, you were actually the first person I thought of, upon noticing the blood! (I figured if anyone could understand or "get" my level of anxiety, that Dewdrop would! I feel so stupid...)

Actually, my thought was also that he must have stuck his little muzzle into something in an attempt to sniff it. I just can't figure out what it could have been. I know that there is an empty soda can in my bedroom, but if he had attempted to put his muzzle in it, am assuming the can would have been tipped over, which it's not. (Meanwhile, of course, there's my son's room, which is a disaster zone, but am almost certain that I made sure the door to his room was closed prior to my leaving for work today....Because I know that there are things in Jared's room that Misha would naturally get into, as my son's room is a disaster area!)

So this one's a "mystery" to me....But for the time being, Misha seems like he's acting normally, so I am somewhat calmed down. (My son, meanwhile, thinks I over-reacted, and that I'm a "nut" when it comes to his "brother!")

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
June and Dewdrop...I also have a Japanese Spitz fur ball that I love so dearly. I would react like you do (if not worse) if I suspect something isn't right with my "Spitz. That's his name...quite creative isn't it...
Hey, ans! My feeling is that we can't love these little dogs too much...They are --at least for me-- not just a part of the family, but they're like little babies encased in fur/hair! It usually takes A LOT to make June get "really anxious" but anything wrong with the little dog will do it, every time!

Thanks to both of you for responding!!! I truly mean it, and I feel better in knowing that I'm not being the "woose" or the "nut" that I was feeling like, earlier!

Much love to you both,
~Misha's Mom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 06:39 PM

40,098 posts, read 26,761,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Hey, folks:

Any animal lovers out there? June is somewhat freaked out, as she arrived home and noticed that there was blood on her little dog's muzzle, underneath one of his eyes...Did my best to clean the blood off (there was a fair amount) and it looks as though the little guy somehow managed to get a gash or a cut on his muzzle under his eye. It's really hard to tell, as Shih Tzu's have a lot of hair....

Where's Dewdrop? She has a Shih Tzu, so perhaps she could shed some light on this mystery...Meanwhile, (believe it or not) June becomes "overly anxious" when there is anything askew with her little dog, as it's like having a baby encased in fur/hair!

I'm the one who is being a 'baby' no doubt, and unfortunatley by the time I got home, the vet was closed...Misha is acting like his normal self, so I am assuming he's not in any pain, but I will take him over to the vet's tomorrow morning....The cut is no longer bleeding after I cleaned it off....I just for the life of me can't figure out how it happened, assuming it's a cut.

Thanks for letting me vent! Trust me, for June to post something this silly means that her anxiety level went from zero to ten in a heartbeat over her little dog.

I'm such a woose....
Check Misha's rear paw on the same side of the face as the cut. If the nails are long or sharp . . . it could be from scratching. Our little toy poodle, Dinky, has done that (and has scratched her eye by accident as well) . . . so we keep her nails trimmed way back using a Dremel. I am as macho a male as exists . . . and I get very upset when our Dinky is sick or hurt. Our vet bills attest to our level of concern. There is nothing wussy about it. They are such precious members of the family.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:42 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,019,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Check Misha's rear paw on the same side of the face as the cut. If the nails are long or sharp . . . it could be from scratching. Our little toy poodle, Dinky, has done that (and has scratched her eye by accident as well) . . . so we keep her nails trimmed way back using a Dremel. I am as macho a male as exists . . . and I get very upset when our Dinky is sick or hurt. Our vet bills attest to our level of concern. There is nothing wussy about it. They are such precious members of the family.
I never thought of that! Good point!

How lovely that there are so many dog lovers on this thread! My little girl is the center of my universe!

Old 09-17-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
You are such a dear! In addition to thinking that perhaps he had gotten his muzzle into something, I wondered whether he could have managed to scratch himself to the point of cutting his muzzle. The thing is, I've never seen him do that before, and he was groomed about two months ago, so his nails aren't nearly as sharp as when he initially comes home after having been to the groomers...

It helps to know that even the most "macho" of males can relate/identify to the anxiety that one can go through over these little dogs....Am feeling better....Still concerned/mystified, but am better!

Thanks to you, "macho man" Mystic!!!

You guys (Mystic, Dewdrop, ans) are tremendous! Who'd have thought that "relief" (emotional calmness for June) would have come via online friends!

~Thanks for comin' through for June!

Old 09-17-2010, 06:59 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,575,571 times
Quote:
I am soooooo glad that you were online, and responded! Honest to God, you were actually the first person I thought of, upon noticing the blood! (I figured if anyone could understand or "get" my level of anxiety, that Dewdrop would! I feel so stupid...)

Actually, my thought was also that he must have stuck his little muzzle into something in an attempt to sniff it. I just can't figure out what it could have been. I know that there is an empty soda can in my bedroom, but if he had attempted to put his muzzle in it, am assuming the can would have been tipped over, which it's not. (Meanwhile, of course, there's my son's room, which is a disaster zone, but am almost certain that I made sure the door to his room was closed prior to my leaving for work today....Because I know that there are things in Jared's room that Misha would naturally get into, as my son's room is a disaster area!)

So this one's a "mystery" to me....But for the time being, Misha seems like he's acting normally, so I am somewhat calmed down. (My son, meanwhile, thinks I over-reacted, and that I'm a "nut" when it comes to his "brother!")

Hey, ans! My feeling is that we can't love these little dogs too much...They are --at least for me-- not just a part of the family, but they're like little babies encased in fur/hair! It usually takes A LOT to make June get "really anxious" but anything wrong with the little dog will do it, every time!

Thanks to both of you for responding!!! I truly mean it, and I feel better in knowing that I'm not being the "woose" or the "nut" that I was feeling like, earlier!

Much love to you both,
~Misha's Mom
The feeling is mutual...My "Spitzy pooh" is the cutest thing especially when he wants treats that are normally only for human consumption...i.e. grilled ham and cheese and ice cream...

We used to put diaper on him just so he could be inside and watch TV with the grands when he was a month or so old...

Love you both too, another woosey mom...

Old 09-17-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post

My "Spitzy pooh"
How big is Spitzy??? Not sure I'm familiar with his particular breed...

P.S. Spitzy gets ice cream? Are we talking a bowl? --Misha would be very, very jealous to know that! ...Although ocassionally, June's been known to give him a micro-dot of ice cream...Because she's a WOOSE!!!

Old 09-17-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Why am I not surprised...

Good point to consider as well!

Old 09-17-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
How big is Spitzy??? Not sure I'm familiar with his particular breed...

P.S. Spitzy gets ice cream? Are we talking a bowl? --Misha would be very, very jealous to know that! ...Although ocassionally, June's been known to give him a micro-dot of ice cream...Because she's a WOOSE!!!
His size would be comparable to a standard poodle...???

Yep...he loves ice cream scoop in a bowl or whatever the grands are munching for a snack at the moment...

He thinks he's human...

Old 09-17-2010, 08:28 PM

Default Kids~!!!

....So June mentions to her 23 year old "big boy college graduate" son that she had posted on city-data about his "brother" the dog....He pretty much accepted the fact that his mother would do so, but his "analysis" was that the dog most likely had scratched himself enough to gash his muzzle. Upon asking him "Why would an animal do that if it caused him pain?" the "big boy college grad" responded with "Because, Mom, he's old, and stupid!"

~Is THAT what June has to look forward to in her "elder years?" (She's convinced that there has been a long term, ongoing "sibling rivalry" between dog and son!) --But truly, does it await June (down the line) where her own son will be answering her questions, saying "Mom, it's because you're old, and stupid!" LOL!

KIDS!

Old 09-17-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
....So June mentions to her 23 year old "big boy college graduate" son that she had posted on city-data about his "brother" the dog....He pretty much accepted the fact that his mother would do so, but his "analysis" was that the dog most likely had scratched himself enough to gash his muzzle. Upon asking him "Why would an animal do that if it caused him pain?" the "big boy college grad" responded with "Because, Mom, he's old, and stupid!"

~Is THAT what June has to look forward to in her "elder years?" (She's convinced that there has been a long term, ongoing "sibling rivalry" between dog and son!) --But truly, does it await June (down the line) where her own son will be answering her questions, saying "Mom, it's because you're old, and stupid!" LOL!

KIDS!
.......oooommmmp......ahhhh...that's better!

Last edited by ans57; 09-17-2010 at 09:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or