U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 03:18 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,577,786 times

Advertisements

Hahaha!!! June I can empathize with what you're talking about. I have a very colorful charactered neighbor as well. She's nice overall...she just enjoys keeping tabs on everyone else...sooo, when I jog, I make sure that she's either already done with hers or pretend to climb a steep hill without my tongue hanging out from exhaustion. My spitzy pooh doesn't have to worry, he loves running and can keep up with her (to sic her)...

Alas...the other day, I deliberately walked a little later than usual thinking...it's dusk and surely my neighbor is already done...as soon as I turned a corner...there she was volunteering to do hers again to keep me company...since my usual partner is out of town... Bless her heart...I said...--

Am I a hypocrite...??? (Dear Abby...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 05:06 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,028,633 times
First of all, I LOVE Sheldon and I love the Big Bang Theory!!! He is brilliant and the show is brilliant, too! I also loved Monk!

Second, when we lived in the city - we had a bunch of crazies in our apartment building - one of whom we called "Crazy Man." My husband and I would literally run around the corner or back inside our apartment or wait to leave my apartment every time we had a Crazy Man sighting. If he saw you - he would talk to you or yell at you. Sometimes he was nice - sometimes he would go on and on and on about how awful the building was (we loved it) and how awful the world was and how awful everything was. We don't miss him at all since we moved!

Third- Cookie choked last night on one of her chewies! I was panicked and frantic and almost in tears! I stuck my finger in her throat and I could feel it but I couldn't get it out! The hubby kept asking me all these questions like - what is she choking on, can you feel it, how big is it - and I nearly bit his head off! Finally, I held her jaws apart in an attempt to get at whatever was in there - and I made her cough so much that she finally dislodge it and coughed it up! Now - she could breathe the whole time so it wasn't quite as dire as I make it seem - but I was a wreck! Oh - and the piece that she coughed up was about 5 inches long! I have no idea how she swallowed it in the first place!!! The hubby told me that I should have kept more of a level head about it so that I could have been more helpful - and I told him - well, who was it that actually helped her!!! ME!!!

Old 09-21-2010, 05:20 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,710,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
P.S. How does he blow-dry his lawn? More importantly, WHY does he blow-dry his lawn??
Heat sensitive leaf blower, June suspects...As to "why" he blow dries his lawn? BECAUSE HE'S A NUT!!!....

The guy makes June homicidal, I tell ya, homicidal! He's a nut! (And let's face it, June would know!)

Old 09-21-2010, 05:27 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,577,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Heat sensitive leaf blower, June suspects...As to "why" he blow dries his lawn? BECAUSE HE'S A NUT!!!....

The guy makes June homicidal, I tell ya, homicidal! He's a nut! (And let's face it, June would know!)
Physician heal yourself...

Old 09-21-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Am I a hypocrite...???
HARDLY!!! You are a dear, kind soul who wants to "do her own thing" without the interference of others! Sounds "A-okay" to June!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Third- Cookie choked last night on one of her chewies! I was panicked and frantic and almost in tears! I stuck my finger in her throat and I could feel it but I couldn't get it out! The hubby kept asking me all these questions like - what is she choking on, can you feel it, how big is it - and I nearly bit his head off! Finally, I held her jaws apart in an attempt to get at whatever was in there - and I made her cough so much that she finally dislodge it and coughed it up! Now - she could breathe the whole time so it wasn't quite as dire as I make it seem - but I was a wreck! Oh - and the piece that she coughed up was about 5 inches long! I have no idea how she swallowed it in the first place!!! The hubby told me that I should have kept more of a level head about it so that I could have been more helpful - and I told him - well, who was it that actually helped her!!! ME!!!
My dear Shih Tzu Kindred Spirit:

June can honestly, honestly tell you that she would have reacted in the EXACT SAME way that you did! Are you kidding me??? Personally, June feels there are times when "panic" is absolutely warranted, and when our little dogs are choking? Yup! It's warranted! ~More than warranted!!!

Am sooooo glad that Cookie is okay! Good job in dis-lodging what she was choking on!

P.S. You don't give her "Greenies" as treats, do you? I remember a few years back hearing how scores of dogs were choking on "Greenies" because they'd get lodged in dog's throats, as they didn't dissolve....

Am glad that (you!) and Cookie are okay!!!

Old 09-21-2010, 05:33 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,493,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
First of all, I LOVE Sheldon and I love the Big Bang Theory!!!
I'm a Sheldon fan myself.

Quote:

Nut is the only explanation. I can't think of one good logical reason for blow drying your lawn.

Nope. Not one.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Nut is the only explanation. I can't think of one good logical reason for blow drying your lawn.

Nope. Not one.
June thinks it would be a "fair statement" to say that that's her sentiment!

Despite her training in psychology, the day she witnessed this guy out there "blow drying" his front lawn in the middle of January, she felt she could re-write the DSM!

Quote:
Physician heal yourself...
LOL!

(As she flips through catelogues of gun books!) LOL!

just kidding!!!!

Old 09-21-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
June thinks it would be a "fair statement" to say that that's her sentiment!

Despite her training in psychology, the day she witnessed this guy out there "blow drying" his front lawn in the middle of January, she felt she could re-write the DSM!
Have I got some interesting people for you to diagnose, then!

Quote:
LOL!

(As she flips through catelogues of gun books!) LOL!

just kidding!!!!
Oh, dear. Put the gun catalogues down, June.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Bless her heart...I said...--

Hey! That's what I always say!

Old 09-21-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:

Oh, dear. Put the gun catalogues down, June.
~But they are soooo cathartic!!!!....

P.S. Besides, AK-47's are on sale!!! June loves a good sale!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or