U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 05:12 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,573,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
OMG, he/she is a little white fluff ball! ADORABLE!!!
Thanks June, spitzy pooh is a he...but so are yours...they all are...manipulators...aren't they???

My hearted melted when I saw the pictures...yes, ADORABLE!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 05:19 PM

7,812 posts, read 10,704,138 times
June just loves dogs. All dogs.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:20 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,573,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I hope so Ans.... I can only say that when I am sitting on the dock at the lake with my pooch and DH with me and the sun is shining I truly hope that this is what my heaven will be like

I don't know though as I have read differing stories about whether or not they will be with us in heaven
Heaven is not heaven without our beloved "DOGS"...

if they're barred from entering "heaven"...then I'll stay here on earth...

Old 09-22-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Heaven is not heaven without our beloved "DOGS"...
"Misha approves this post."

Old 09-22-2010, 09:36 PM

Default ....Any "FORMER SMOKERS" out there?

Okay, let's face it: June should rightfully have no excuse for a post such as this. June runs groups, for goodness sake, in our agency's "Addiction Program." Sheeesh! --But, truth be told, June is a hopelessly addicted smoker.

June needs to quit. Let's face it: Smoking is just a gross and disgusting situation, all ways around. June is humbled, given the fact that she should "know these things" due to what she does Monday thru Friday in her profession. So she openly admits, she is something of a hypocrite. No questions asked, so all the more reason for her to quit the butts. Ain't nothing like a shrink who works part time doing "addictions" groups, yet who can't wait to light up her next cigarette after the group is over! Oh, the shame!

....So to any of you out there who have "kicked the habit" successfully, or to any of you that find smoking to be the most discusting act a person could render upon themselves, BRING IT ON~!!!

June is "ready to roll" and "ready to rumble" in terms of quitting. (She's got the Chantax script waiting in the wings, as we speak, but just can't bring herself to take that first pill!) --Yet she's also smoking a butt as she is writing out this post! Seriously, June is hopeless...

So bring on the guilt, bring on the rage, bring on the horror stories, and bring on the encouragement that June is petitioning you all for, in hopes of (finally) officially joining the ranks of the "smoke-free" population! <-------~The way God "intended" it to be!

Thanks in advance, guys!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:12 AM

40,065 posts, read 26,739,576 times
Quote:
Okay, let's face it: June should rightfully have no excuse for a post such as this. June runs groups, for goodness sake, in our agency's "Addiction Program." Sheeesh! --But, truth be told, June is a hopelessly addicted smoker.

June needs to quit. Let's face it: Smoking is just a gross and disgusting situation, all ways around. June is humbled, given the fact that she should "know these things" due to what she does Monday thru Friday in her profession. So she openly admits, she is something of a hypocrite. No questions asked, so all the more reason for her to quit the butts. Ain't nothing like a shrink who works part time doing "addictions" groups, yet who can't wait to light up her next cigarette after the group is over! Oh, the shame!

....So to any of you out there who have "kicked the habit" successfully, or to any of you that find smoking to be the most discusting act a person could render upon themselves, BRING IT ON~!!!

June is "ready to roll" and "ready to rumble" in terms of quitting. (She's got the Chantax script waiting in the wings, as we speak, but just can't bring herself to take that first pill!) --Yet she's also smoking a butt as she is writing out this post! Seriously, June is hopeless...

So bring on the guilt, bring on the rage, bring on the horror stories, and bring on the encouragement that June is petitioning you all for, in hopes of (finally) officially joining the ranks of the "smoke-free" population! <-------~The way God "intended" it to be!

Thanks in advance, guys!
Can't really help because I never smoked (well . . . ok . . . a pipe as a young man trying to look older). My wife was an addict for 50 years . . . and she failed several attempts. It took a near death experience to end it. She developed pneumonia and lost 75% of her lung capacity . She survived in ICU with a cocktail of anti-biotics and anti-virals. It was a tense 3 days. She was subsequently diagnosed with emphysema and she has been smoke-free ever since. I would never recommend it as a method of quitting, though.

What makes the smoking addiction so hard to break is not the nicotine so much as the behavior it is attached to . . . breathing. There is no way to avoid breathing . . . and when you try to quit every breath reminds you that you are not smoking. With alcohol it is attached to drinking . . which occurs less frequently than breathing. The hard stuff . . . like heroin . . . is attached to needles which seldom come up in every day living . . . making it easier to avoid after de-tox from the substance. Good luck, "just June" . . . I'm praying for you.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:01 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,418,196 times
June, I lost my mother to lung cancer. she was a smoker. I had to watch her go through many hurtful painful tests, and draining of the lungs. It is tough to quit when your so use to just picking up that cig. for whatever reason. I quit cold turkey when i was back in high school many years ago, but it was easy for me because i wasnt smoking for the nicotine i thought i was cool. But then i went from cigs. to food. Now if i could quit that, just as your cigs are to you food is to me.

You have much support here June, We are your cheerleaders. So....GO JUNE GO JUNE, YOU CAN DO IT, PUT IT DOWN PUT IT DOWN, GO JUNE GO JUNE DONT TAKE THAT PUFF

Your friend Sunshineann

Old 09-23-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

emphysema
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post

lung cancer
Mystic, 'just June' is sorry to learn of Mrs. Mytic's emphysema. Likewise, Sunhineann, my sorrows to you over the loss of your mother.

BOTH emphysema and cancer run in June's family. --So in essence, for June to smoke is nothing short of utter insanity. (And 'just June' should know insanity when she sees it!)

June just needs to start the Chantix prescription and get it over with...Think I'm experiencing an "anticipatory loss/grief" reaction to the mere thought of quitting!

'Just June' just needs to just do it....

Take gentle thank you care, guys!

Old 09-23-2010, 12:47 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,491,032 times
Quote:
Mystic, 'just June' is sorry to learn of Mrs. Mytic's emphysema. Likewise, Sunhineann, my sorrows to you over the loss of your mother.

BOTH emphysema and cancer run in June's family. --So in essence, for June to smoke is nothing short of utter insanity. (And 'just June' should know insanity when she sees it!)

June just needs to start the Chantix prescription and get it over with...Think I'm experiencing an "anticipatory loss/grief" reaction to the mere thought of quitting!

'Just June' just needs to just do it....

Take gentle thank you care, guys!
Hi, June

While I was doing clinicals 10 years ago, I saw a man dying of lung cancer in the VA. It is a terrible way to die, and his family was having a very hard time with it. You most definitely don't want lung cancer.

I quit cold turkey when I was pregnant with my first child, and only smoked socially for a few years afterwards. My husband quit earlier this year because of rules that forbade smoking in the trucks he drives (NOT because he was wheezing--I could hear the wheezing when I had my head on his chest. Otherwise, he wouldn't have known about it--Glad to say, wheezing is gone), also cold turkey. NOT easy. So, cold turkey is an option, and I've seen it work, not just in myself and my husband, but in others, as well.

Whatever you decide, I'm rooting for you.

(Just a warning about Chantix. There are some bad side effects in some people. I'm sure you already know about that, though)

Last edited by herefornow; 09-23-2010 at 01:59 PM..

Old 09-23-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
(Just a warning about Chantix. There are some bad side affects in some people. I'm sure you already know about that, though)
June has heard how Chantix can be known to make people either homicidal or suicidal, or very depressed...She figures she'll start taking it next Monday, her "quit date." (Oh, Lord help me!)

June figures she has to "psyche" herself up first, in order to quit...And let's hope the Chantix works, without June killing anyone, or killing herself!

P.S. Besides, herefornow, June figures with all the money she'll save in not buying any more cigarettes, she'll be able to afford a brand, spanking new, super delux model of her favorite thermo leaf blower!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or