U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 01:59 PM

13,572 posts, read 21,720,884 times

Advertisements

June, you may remember that I quit the habit before my first prescription ran out..Just pick a day to begin to use the Chantix and do it..You can still smoke the first week, this gives you a little time to get used to the fact that "by gosh, I am really trying this time"..Follow the directions and definitely subscribe to the daily help site..It is your private helper and cheerleader.

After I quit (the cigs just became more and more undesirable, and less and less enjoyable to me) I still had the habit wanting to grab a cup of coffee and a cig and heading outside whenever I had a phone call or when nervous, upset, etc. That was the hardest part for me I had lots of reasons to smoke

Chantix as you are aware "messes" with that part of your brain that makes us crave nicotine..It did a good job on me because even thinking of taking a drag, or the smell of stale smoke makes me nauseous.

I am beside you girl, and just remember that sm takes phone calls from frustrated shrinks who are trying to quit.
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 04:38 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,491,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
P.S. Besides, herefornow, June figures with all the money she'll save in not buying any more cigarettes, she'll be able to afford a brand, spanking new, super delux model of her favorite thermo leaf blower!!!

Old 09-23-2010, 04:46 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,574,446 times
Quote:
Okay, let's face it: June should rightfully have no excuse for a post such as this. June runs groups, for goodness sake, in our agency's "Addiction Program." Sheeesh! --But, truth be told, June is a hopelessly addicted smoker.

June needs to quit. Let's face it: Smoking is just a gross and disgusting situation, all ways around. June is humbled, given the fact that she should "know these things" due to what she does Monday thru Friday in her profession. So she openly admits, she is something of a hypocrite. No questions asked, so all the more reason for her to quit the butts. Ain't nothing like a shrink who works part time doing "addictions" groups, yet who can't wait to light up her next cigarette after the group is over! Oh, the shame!

....So to any of you out there who have "kicked the habit" successfully, or to any of you that find smoking to be the most discusting act a person could render upon themselves, BRING IT ON~!!!

June is "ready to roll" and "ready to rumble" in terms of quitting. (She's got the Chantax script waiting in the wings, as we speak, but just can't bring herself to take that first pill!) --Yet she's also smoking a butt as she is writing out this post! Seriously, June is hopeless...

So bring on the guilt, bring on the rage, bring on the horror stories, and bring on the encouragement that June is petitioning you all for, in hopes of (finally) officially joining the ranks of the "smoke-free" population! <-------~The way God "intended" it to be!

Thanks in advance, guys!
You are so brave in coming forward with this...My prayers go up for you!!!

From a kindred spirit...

Last edited by ans57; 09-23-2010 at 05:24 PM..

Old 09-23-2010, 05:33 PM

6,792 posts, read 4,072,567 times
Quote:
Okay, let's face it: June should rightfully have no excuse for a post such as this. June runs groups, for goodness sake, in our agency's "Addiction Program." Sheeesh! --But, truth be told, June is a hopelessly addicted smoker.

June needs to quit. Let's face it: Smoking is just a gross and disgusting situation, all ways around. June is humbled, given the fact that she should "know these things" due to what she does Monday thru Friday in her profession. So she openly admits, she is something of a hypocrite. No questions asked, so all the more reason for her to quit the butts. Ain't nothing like a shrink who works part time doing "addictions" groups, yet who can't wait to light up her next cigarette after the group is over! Oh, the shame!

....So to any of you out there who have "kicked the habit" successfully, or to any of you that find smoking to be the most discusting act a person could render upon themselves, BRING IT ON~!!!

June is "ready to roll" and "ready to rumble" in terms of quitting. (She's got the Chantax script waiting in the wings, as we speak, but just can't bring herself to take that first pill!) --Yet she's also smoking a butt as she is writing out this post! Seriously, June is hopeless...

So bring on the guilt, bring on the rage, bring on the horror stories, and bring on the encouragement that June is petitioning you all for, in hopes of (finally) officially joining the ranks of the "smoke-free" population! <-------~The way God "intended" it to be!

Thanks in advance, guys!
June...my best thoughts are with you.

I smoked for 40 years...from 13 y.o. as a H.S. freshman, until last year. Thanksgiving will be a year since my last puff. I smoked cigs, cigars, and a pipe. I was a veritable "chimney"!! LOL!

Three years ago my mother was diagnosed with bladder cancer. She smoked her whole life...they didn't know how bad it was for you in the late 1940s when she started...by the time they did, she was "hooked". I ALWAYS knew...but started anyway. The Dr. said bladder cancer is a very common cancer from smoking. Seems many of the toxins in the smoke are filtered out through the urine and spend time in the bladder. The sweetest person I have EVER met in my whole life, just happens to be my Mother. I've never seen her do a single mean-spirited thing...she is completely selfless, kind, and caring..."love" personified. People come no better than her. So, to see her so sick, and be helpless to do anything for her...was as agonizing for the family, as it was for her to be in that condition. My exclamation..."Never fear...Paul is here!!"...was, for the first time, as was related to her...of no use to solve her plight.
HUGE operation to remove her bladder...long, painful recovery...now, the ever present urostomy, and all the undesirability of that. THAT'S what it took to get her to quit.

She entreated me to quit. There was no "upside" to smoking...other than that I loved to smoke. Other than that...it was all a negative. So last Thanksgiving, I decided that there were lots of things I would like to do, that I don't/won't get to do (Megan Fox married some other guy...darn it!)
...and I can now add smoking to that list. I would still like to smoke...but I don't...and I have made my mind up that I won't.

I donate the $500 a month I spent on smoking to charity and that helps me stay the course.

Don't depend on any "medicine" or that kind of thing...just quit! Use good old fashioned WILLPOWER, and determine that your character is stronger than the cigarettes. I'm SURE you can do it. It will be the best thing you ever did for your health and well being. It's not hard to quit smoking...it's hard not to start doing it again.

Just make your mind up...and take control back from those awful things. Stop hurting yourself! I can tell that you are a very cool person...don't let that poison do you in any sooner than your time.

It's actually very simple...QUIT SMOKING! RIGHT THIS MINUTE! JUST STOP...AND DON'T EVER SMOKE AGAIN.

Lots of love to you June!!

Old 09-23-2010, 05:34 PM

7,812 posts, read 10,705,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post

I am beside you girl, and just remember that sm takes phone calls from frustrated shrinks who are trying to quit.
Aw, shucks! This post ^^ just made June smile from ear to ear! Trust me, SM, June just may be calling you on her "private June hotline number" cuz come Monday, it's her official "QUIT DAY!" (God help June...)

~Let's just hope that June isn't a crazy shrink by this time next week!

P.S. Hey, herefornow, if June goes crazy from quitting smoking, she's thinking that potentially one of the symptoms could be that she'd use her new thermo heated leaf blower to dry her hair!....

Old 09-23-2010, 05:47 PM

Default Farewell, Marlboro Ultra Light 100's....How we shall miss ye! :-(

Quote:

....come Monday, it's her official "QUIT DAY!"

YouTube - THE MAMAS & PAPAS - MONDAY MONDAY

P.S. June's that little creature that's crushed under the letters "Monday!"

Old 09-23-2010, 05:55 PM

Default Hey, herefornow!!!

http://culturemap.com/site_media/uploads/photos/2009-10-28/Sexy_woman_leaf_blowing.350w_263h.jpg (broken link)

....And no, this is not how June dresses for work...But she has the feeling that come Monday, she'll be so nuts that she'll be using the darn thing to dry her hair!!!

Old 09-23-2010, 05:57 PM

6,792 posts, read 4,072,567 times
Quote:

YouTube - THE MAMAS & PAPAS - MONDAY MONDAY

P.S. June's that little creature that's crushed under the letters "Monday!"
GO June!...You are going to come out on the other side of this better and stronger than ever. Once you quit, you'll wonder why you ever smoked to begin with!

Celebrate your upcoming VICTORY...have a "going away party" for your cigarettes this weekend (what better reason to have a party?)...so it can be a self-fulfilling prophesy!

Old 09-23-2010, 06:01 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,574,446 times
Default Announcement:

Yesterday...while at the pet shop, I found the most intriguing "snails" that would actually help minimize algae growth. Call me crazy but I actually bought 5 of these...didn't realize snails could be so appealing...

Mystery (Apple) Snails

One of the most beautiful kinds of snails are the Mystery snails. These snails have a shape similar to the Pond snail, but their spiral is rounder, and they grow much larger. They can reach tennis-ball size if well taken care of. The come in many varieties. The snail's body can be dark, or almost albino (very light with a bright orange speckle pattern). The shell can be dark, bright orange, albino, or multi-colored striped (length-wise like the Ramshorn). The Apple snail variety typically has the multi-colored stripes, with a dark body. In general these snails don't eat living plants. They prefer algae and dead plant/animal material (canned spinach will get you a very large Mystery snail).

The word "Mysterious" always has an appeal to my inquiring mind...

Old 09-23-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post

QUIT SMOKING! RIGHT THIS MINUTE!

Thanks so much for your post, GldnRule, and my heart goes out to you and your dear mother...As for quitting "right this minute" June is actually smoking as she writes out this post, BUT, as indicated, above, MONDAY is "QUIT DAY!"

P.S. Let's just hope that by Monday evening the little heathen atheist isn't posting in the "Prayer Request" thread for herself! Dear god...!!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or