U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 03:31 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,572,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Now that i am back on C-D, I first see all your cute dogs. Who wouldn't love dogs after seeing all that! They are all so sweet!

Then I see June's plea re smoking and all the other responses. June, I pray for your success and freedom! You will do it. From what you have written, you certainly have the impetus! We're all behind you!

Regarding loving people on a forum like this, I understand! Boy, do I. I used to be on a forum called Crosswalk, but they kicked me off. I loved those people -- even the guy who kicked me off. I miss them, too. . . .

And then I came here and gave my cyber-heart away again. But I doubt people will kick me off here.

I hope.

I'm pretty sure, though.
Everyone who gravitated to this thread are sweet, kindred spirits...who would not kick you out (ever) of their cyber hearts...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 03:42 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,490,322 times
Quote:
Regarding loving people on a forum like this, I understand! Boy, do I. I used to be on a forum called Crosswalk, but they kicked me off. I loved those people -- even the guy who kicked me off. I miss them, too. . . .

And then I came here and gave my cyber-heart away again. But I doubt people will kick me off here.

I hope.

I'm pretty sure, though.

I can't imagine kicking people off of a forum just because there were disagreements. I mean, maybe if there were people screaming at each other or hurling obscenities all day. That's not very productive. But, other than that......

Welcome back.

(I've been wondering where everybody went. There have been quite a few posters missing over the last couple of months)

Old 09-24-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

I can't imagine kicking people off of a forum just because there were disagreements. I mean, maybe if there were people screaming at each other or hurling obscenities all day. That's not very productive. But, other than that......

Welcome back.

(I've been wondering where everybody went. There have been quite a few posters missing over the last couple of months)
Funny you mentioned that...I was just thinking of Katjonji in particular...

Old 09-24-2010, 03:52 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,490,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Funny you mentioned that...I was just thinking of Katjonji in particular...
I've been thinking about her, lately. I think her father-in-law just found out he had cancer, so she is probably dealing with some pressing issues.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I've been thinking about her, lately. I think her father-in-law just found out he had cancer, so she is probably dealing with some pressing issues.
Ohhh...poor thing... I pray she's coping well...

Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,848,511 times
Quote:

Welcome back.

Oh, I was just off for a day -- Thursday.

I am probably just slow, but I never figured out why I was kicked off until I received a note from them saying they would let me back on if I would refrain from writing anything about child discipline. Then I knew!!! I had mentioned child abuse a few times and had written that don't believe in striking children a few times, that that must have upset someone. Whatever. The thing is that I learned a lot over the many years I was there, and the people (even the one who booted me) were nice and fun to correspond with. Whadayado??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Everyone who gravitated to this thread are sweet, kindred spirits...who would not kick you out (ever) of their cyber hearts...
Aww -- thank you!!! I really like it here. And I don't write about child abuse or child discipline very much. I think . . .

Old 09-24-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Oh, I was just off for a day -- Thursday.

I am probably just slow, but I never figured out why I was kicked off until I received a note from them saying they would let me back on if I would refrain from writing anything about child discipline. Then I knew!!! I had mentioned child abuse a few times and had written that don't believe in striking children a few times, that that must have upset someone. Whatever. The thing is that I learned a lot over the many years I was there, and the people (even the one who booted me) were nice and fun to correspond with. Whadayado??

Aww -- thank you!!! I really like it here. And I don't write about child abuse or child discipline very much. I think . . .

......as well...

Old 09-24-2010, 04:13 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,000,505 times
Quote:
A stoned psychiatrist?? Hee, hee.

I'm actually getting a Green Card for myself. I have cervical stenosis (narrowing of the spinal cord in the neck), spurs on my neck, discs that are collapsing, reversal of the normal spine curvature, and no insurance. My lower back is starting to pinch, it's causing spasms in my legs, and it's making it difficult to sit upright, but I don't have the money to do an MRI of the lower back, so I don't know what's going on in my lower spine. I just filed bankruptcy on all of my medical bills. The pain is intolerable, and I'm tired of taking the pharmaceutical company's drugs.

I say, why in the world is pot illegal for medicinal reasons in so many places?? And, why do the feds even care? Are they protecting the big drug companies? The pharmaceutical companies make BILLIONS off of their man-made drugs, which, in the long run, do a LOT more damage physically, than MJ!! I watched my mom die after taking big pharma's drugs for years. I remember when she started. I tried to get her to stop taking them , but she was just so scared and so full of anxiety, she couldn't stop. Every nasty drug she took gave her a nasty side effect, which meant she had to take MORE of their nasty drugs. In the end, she was spending all morning, practically, just taking drugs.

It's all about the money, I guess.

I haven't smoked in over 15 years, and I feel horrible doing it now, but I just can't take it any more. I don't want to be stoned, either. I just want to be rid of this pain. It is driving me over the edge. I'm trying to figure out where I can get regular, 1960s, kind of plants. I hear the plants they grow now are very potent. I don't want to be floating around in some dream world. I just want to be able to relax for 5 seconds.

I'm so ashamed.

(If I get arrested, I guess I'll get insurance in jail. The system is so broken. Sigh. Bail me out, June??)

P.S. I remember taking care of some men at the VA who had cancer. I just KNEW this one guy had to be smoking. He was the only one who was always relaxed, his weight was stable, and he had that "look." I just thought to myself..........
Oh, you poor, poor thing! I'm so sorry you are in so much pain!
Personally, I don't think marijuana should be illegal for anyone. It's so easy to get already and it seems to cause less damage than alcohol. I've never tried it myself so I guess I'm not really the best person to have an opinion on the matter - I just don't see why it was singled out. Most of my friends that have smoked pot have not tried any other drugs so I really don't think it is the "gateway" drug. And it can truly help people in pain.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
A stoned psychiatrist?? Hee, hee.

I'm actually getting a Green Card for myself. I have cervical stenosis (narrowing of the spinal cord in the neck), spurs on my neck, discs that are collapsing, reversal of the normal spine curvature, and no insurance. My lower back is starting to pinch, it's causing spasms in my legs, and it's making it difficult to sit upright, but I don't have the money to do an MRI of the lower back, so I don't know what's going on in my lower spine. I just filed bankruptcy on all of my medical bills. The pain is intolerable, and I'm tired of taking the pharmaceutical company's drugs.

I haven't smoked in over 15 years, and I feel horrible doing it now, but I just can't take it any more. I don't want to be stoned, either. I just want to be rid of this pain. It is driving me over the edge. I'm trying to figure out where I can get regular, 1960s, kind of plants. I hear the plants they grow now are very potent. I don't want to be floating around in some dream world. I just want to be able to relax for 5 seconds.

I'm so ashamed.

(If I get arrested, I guess I'll get insurance in jail. The system is so broken. Sigh. Bail me out, June??)

P.S. I remember taking care of some men at the VA who had cancer. I just KNEW this one guy had to be smoking. He was the only one who was always relaxed, his weight was stable, and he had that "look." I just thought to myself..........
Ohhh...I don't know how I missed this particular OP...my heart goes out to you my friend...

I admire your feisty spirit Herefornow...most of the things you've shared on this forum could already break a weaker resolve...yet, you keep on trudging...

If I may ask...how much would an MRI cost without insurance...??? You don't have to answer here...you can DM me if you wish...

From the core...ans

Old 09-24-2010, 04:37 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,848,511 times
Quote:
I'm actually getting a Green Card for myself. I have cervical stenosis (narrowing of the spinal cord in the neck), spurs on my neck, discs that are collapsing, reversal of the normal spine curvature, and no insurance. My lower back is starting to pinch, it's causing spasms in my legs, and it's making it difficult to sit upright, but I don't have the money to do an MRI of the lower back, so I don't know what's going on in my lower spine. I just filed bankruptcy on all of my medical bills. The pain is intolerable, and I'm tired of taking the pharmaceutical company's drugs. . . .
Sometimes, it can be amazing what people in our lives can go through, and we're clueless. Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or