Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 11:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
For some reason, this ^ made June laugh so hard! Misha just climbs up on my bed each night (which is low to the floor) and then he burrows underneath the blankets in the exact, same spot next to me every night....He "has to" (in his dog mind) sleep curled up next to my side, in the exact, same place.... --But June has never heard him bark in his sleep. Ocassionally, June has heard him "whimper" when he is dreaming, but thus far, no snoring or barking....

Very cute, your little Cookie!
I think so - but I may be slightly biased!

Cookie falls asleep curled up in my arms - then wakes up after about a half hour or so and moves to the foot of the bed. I think she gets hot. Sometimes she'll want to get down and will sleep on the floor in our bedroom or on the bathmat in our bathroom. She's a funny little girl. She never sleeps under the covers - although my mom's dog does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 11:31 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think so - but I may be slightly biased!

Cookie falls asleep curled up in my arms - then wakes up after about a half hour or so and moves to the foot of the bed. I think she gets hot. Sometimes she'll want to get down and will sleep on the floor in our bedroom or on the bathmat in our bathroom. She's a funny little girl. She never sleeps under the covers - although my mom's dog does.
Methinks that Misha needs to take "Shih Tzu" lessons from Cookie! I mean, the little guy is so "habituated" that the option of his sleeping anywhere other than under the blankets next to me doesn't exist....For a while, a few years ago, he would wait until I was in bed, sleeping on my side, and he would hop on top of me, and sleep ON TOP of my waist! (I truly think the littlte guy needs some form of "doggie therapy!" LOL)

I love him more than life itself, though....

Old 09-25-2010, 11:43 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
My MIL has rheumatoid arthritis and her joints are fusing together....she is in a lot of pain and takes a lot of drugs.... I never know what to say I just try and be there for her.
Sometimes it's not really necessary to say anything. I'm sure that just being there means a lot to her.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:16 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,251,422 times
I sit here and read about so many of you in pain, and I say nothing, because we have been fortunate over the last few years. I used to spend a whole lot of money at the chiropractors, while my husband spent a lot on medicines to relieve his pain. This may not be helpful, but I want to pass it on.

My husband decided that we might get some relief if we had gas heat in the house, rather than electric heat only. I was good with that, because in the package, we got a gas stove and threw out the electric one! (YES!) Anyway, the first thing that happened was we had far less pain within the first three months. The second was I had nearly no chiropractic treatments. Third, he quite using so many meds.

We certainly are not perfect, and occasionally we still have pain; it's just that the pain is extremely diminished.

The idea was drier heat.

So here I am, sitting here drinking down my diet-Squirt-with-lemon-juice-and-a-drizzle-of-agave, when you people start writing about rootbeer! I love rootbeer! But I had the diet stuff, and I should not have sugars. I have learned to "make my own" from club soda, agave, and rootbeer the flavoring used for making homemade rootbeer. YUM!

About mary jo. i am so ignorant of drugs. To get pain relief, do you have to smoke it, or can you put it in your homemade breads, brownies, cookies, etc. and get the same pain-relief effect?

Old 09-26-2010, 02:47 PM

Default June: Weird, just plain weird?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
So here I am, sitting here drinking down my diet-Squirt-with-lemon-juice-and-a-drizzle-of-agave, when you people start writing about rootbeer! I love rootbeer!
June couldn't help but respond to the above...You see, June is thinking she's kinda, well, weird. Not only does June dislike soda of all kinds, but she is also someone who can add Italian food AND ice cream to the list! --Now the combination of disliking soda (which she NEVER drinks...) along with her dislike of Italian food (and all things "pasta") along with the ice cream component has June rapidly approaching the conclusion that she is well, just plain...

WEIRD!

Old 09-26-2010, 03:34 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
I love root beer and coke floats and from time to time, indulged myself... What's weird is that...after a jog or brisk walk...instead of water, this is what I like to gulp down...

June, I had the best Italian anchovy pizza in Rome...have you tried that...???

Old 09-26-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post

June, I had the best Italian anchovy pizza in Rome...have you tried that...???
Ans, you're kidding, right???

Old 09-26-2010, 03:58 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,251,422 times
I'll tell you what: You, June, can have all my share of anchovie pizza!

I am WICKED!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Old 09-26-2010, 04:03 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,694,298 times
Happy Sunday my friends...
I loveee pizza...my husband and i come up with our own kinds of pizza...yummy

I just got done making two hot apple pies for dinner...hot apple pie with milk and a lil' sugar on top for dinner...mmm good.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:04 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,694,298 times
How does chicken terriyaki with marichino cherry pizza? sounds weird..but its sooo good.
not to mention a bbq chicken with onion pizza...with a few "secret" ingredients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity