U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2010, 10:12 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,852,567 times

Advertisements

Ah, life is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 04:49 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,421,058 times
well my friends, its early and im getting ready to go off to class. just wanted to say have a great and wonderful day.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:51 PM

5,099 posts, read 8,083,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
I sit here and read about so many of you in pain, and I say nothing, because we have been fortunate over the last few years. I used to spend a whole lot of money at the chiropractors, while my husband spent a lot on medicines to relieve his pain. This may not be helpful, but I want to pass it on.

About mary jo. i am so ignorant of drugs. To get pain relief, do you have to smoke it, or can you put it in your homemade breads, brownies, cookies, etc. and get the same pain-relief effect?
Speaking for myself, regarding pain, it was absolutely horrendous in the past. One of the most intense kinds of pain I've even had to endure. The only thing worse were the steroid injections in the neck, but the injections meant enduring the procedure for just a few minutes. Those few minutes felt like hours though. LOL! In my case, a chiropractor for me would only worsen the problem since the verterbrae are already damaged. I'd be worried about it causing even more damage than there already is, possibly shattering what's left of the vertebrae. I did try spine stretching through the hospital's physical therapy department, but that only helped for a few hours. When upright, gravity causes the vertebrae to compress back down again. So there's no lasting benefit or gain.

These days, there's little comparison because of relief. Doctors will often ask a patient to rate pain between 0 and 10, 1 being no pain and 10 being the worst possible pain. In the past, there were times when the level of pain was nearly the worst I've ever experienced. Now, it's more like a very mild ache. Sometimes I don't notice it at all. I can live with that. I still have to be careful not to do anything that might cause a flareup though, and I can't do the things I used to take for granted. But it's okay, and it's better than the alternative: suffer through it. That said, I'm grateful with how things presently are, and I'm able to continue to enjoy life instead of battling with unspeakable pain.

I live on the West Coast also, in Oregon. Oregon provides a state permit (renewable each year) to possess, consume and/or grow for those who apply and include a statement from a physician who is familiar with you. They also check your medical records as well as any police records. Regarding "Mary Jane", you should check with the laws in your state first. In most states that permit Medical Marijuana (MM), a patient would need a physician who will provide you with a written agreement that the use of Medical Marijuana would be beneficial for your condition. Again, your physician is the only one who can determine if MM is suitable for you. In addition, it may provide relief for some, but not others. The only way to know to determine that is to try it.

No, you don't have to smoke it. You can use it as an ingredient for cookies, brownies, etc. Even better, use it as a condiment spice (it's a very mild minty flavor) to sprinkle on a serving of pizza, lasagna, soup, etc. I say "sprinkle", because in many states that allow MM, the amount you can possess at any one time or annually isn't always a lot. If you bake it into things like cookies, etc., you might exceed the allowable amount more quickly. In addition, when eating it, it takes longer for the effect to work and the effect is often milder. The downside of baking it is that you'd have less control of the amount, and might end up consuming more than may be necessary.

Smoking it works much faster, usually within a few seconds, and you have control over the amount you ingest. However, smoking it, even with a water pipe, means inhaling ash along with the active ingredient because you're directly burning the material. These days, there are vaporizers, designed for MM, which heats up the material without burning it. It's kind of like smoking, but different. The heating releases the active ingredients in the form of a vapor. In other words, instead of being carried along with smoke (ash), it's carried as a fine liquid mist (the vapor). When you exhale, it might look like smoke, but it's not, it's the vapor. It works just as fast as smoking it with a pipe or paper rolled, but it's less harsh on the lungs, and you have control over the amount.

The amount a person might need can vary from person to person. Some, like myself, are okay with vary small amounts. Others may need more. It's probably best to use a very small amount. If that isn't enough, you can always use a little more, until you've reached the point where it works for you. It isn't always necessary to use so much that you feel like a relaxed blob on the couch. It may take a little trial to determine what works best for you.

Like any med that causes drowsiness, in my opinion, MM should only be used in a responsible manner. That means no driving. Your state might not bust you for possession or consumption of MM, but they can bust you for DUI. I only use MM (or any other med that can cause drowsiness) in the evening, usually 30-60 minutes before bed, or if I use it during the day, I just stay at home, or whenever I'm certain I don't have to go anywhere. If I know I'm going to have to go somewhere, I don't use MM but wait until I'm back home and know I don't need to go anywhere else.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:43 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,581,567 times
Default Bad Brownie Experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post

About mary jo. i am so ignorant of drugs. To get pain relief, do you have to smoke it, or can you put it in your homemade breads, brownies, cookies, etc. and get the same pain-relief effect?
Many moons ago when my 2 boys were still 7 and 4 1/2 years old...I had a good friend who didn't have children of her own and was fond of my little ones. She would...more often than not, spend time and sometimes days at my house for company and to help care of them. Well...one day, as I was scrubbing my kitchen floor, I got hungry and found wrapped brownies in the fridge's middle shelf...got one piece, ate it and resumed cleaning on my knees...the next thing I knew...I was sliding all over the floor...DIZZY!!!

I had to crawl on my knees all the way to the living sofa because I just couldn't figure out what was wrong with me and was so scared. I passed out for what seemed to be eternity...

To make my story short...my friend found out and started laughing so hard while telling me that I ate her stash of laced brownies!!! I was red in the face with anger (I very seldom get to that point)...for her lack of consideration for the children she professed to care so much. What if...instead of me...it was the children who got a hold of the stuff??? The least she could have done, was to hide it where the children couldn't get to it.

Well...I have not seen or heard of this friend for years now and I miss her...

It may seem funny now (remembering how I felt and looked) but it wasn't at the time...

Keep Cannabis out of food when you have children around!!!!

Old 09-27-2010, 06:08 PM

5,099 posts, read 8,083,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Agreed. It should be kept completely out of the reach of children looking for an attractive treat. It's another good reason to use it as seasoning on a single serving (portion), rather than mixing and cooking it in with an entire dish or adding it to goodies.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:21 PM

823 posts, read 1,123,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Many moons ago when my 2 boys were still 7 and 4 1/2 years old...I had a good friend who didn't have children of her own and was fond of my little ones. She would...more often than not, spend time and sometimes days at my house for company and to help care of them. Well...one day, as I was scrubbing my kitchen floor, I got hungry and found wrapped brownies in the fridge's middle shelf...got one piece, ate it and resumed cleaning on my knees...the next thing I knew...I was sliding all over the floor...DIZZY!!!

I had to crawl on my knees all the way to the living sofa because I just couldn't figure out what was wrong with me and was so scared. I passed out for what seemed to be eternity...

To make my story short...my friend found out and started laughing so hard while telling me that I ate her stash of laced brownies!!! I was red in the face with anger (I very seldom get to that point)...for her lack of consideration for the children she professed to care so much. What if...instead of me...it was the children who got a hold of the stuff??? The least she could have done, was to hide it where the children couldn't get to it.

Well...I have not seen or heard of this friend for years now and I miss her...

It may seem funny now (remembering how I felt and looked) but it wasn't at the time...

Okay....I honestly don't mean to laugh but I just couldn't help myself although I could see how you would be upset at the time

Old 09-27-2010, 06:27 PM

823 posts, read 1,123,383 times
[quote=NightBazaar;16052140]

No, you don't have to smoke it. You can use it as an ingredient for cookies, brownies, etc. Even better, use it as a condiment spice (it's a very mild minty flavor) to sprinkle on a serving of pizza, lasagna, soup, etc. I say "sprinkle", because in many states that allow MM, the amount you can possess at any one time or annually isn't always a lot. If you bake it into things like cookies, etc., you might exceed the allowable amount more quickly. In addition, when eating it, it takes longer for the effect to work and the effect is often milder. The downside of baking it is that you'd have less control of the amount, and might end up consuming more than may be necessary.

quote]

Ineresting, last night while we ate my nummy homemade lasagna around the dinner table my MIL was complaining to us once again of her chronic pain (I had mentioned in a prior post that she suffers from rheumatoid arthritis).

I had mentioned marijuana as a form of pain relief and asked her if she heard of it and she said of course that she has heard that ppl bake with it and she would like to try some. She is quite a spunky lady and is 75 years old. Of course, our young adult kids got quite a kick out of that.

I know I shared my lasagna recipe on here but I understand that we cannot share marijuana recipes..... Although I would be concerned about her trying it because she has a hard enough time walking as it is - if she were to be buzzed or something and have a fall that would not be good.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:48 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,581,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Agreed. It should be kept completely out of the reach of children looking for an attractive treat. It's another good reason to use it as seasoning on a single serving (portion), rather than mixing and cooking it in with an entire dish or adding it to goodies.
That single incident turned me off from ever using it.

However, for the sake of those who need to resort to it for "medicinal" purposes...I wish that it would become legal throughout under strict conditional guidance...if that is at all possible...???

Here's another example...Excerpt:
Quote:
Coca was used throughout the Incan Empire, which stretched from present day Ecuador, Columbia, Peru, Bolivia, Chile and parts of Argentina and Brazil, although it is only in present day Peru and Bolivia that use of coca remains strong.

The people have always known of the great nutritional value that is within each coca leaf, although they may not have been able to give you a list of the all vitamins and minerals that are found in the coca leaves. They did know that it helped them to live at high altitudes with ease and that when they chewed the leaves it increased their energy enabling them to till their gardens and follow their herds of llama and alpacas up and down the mountain paths. In addition to this it also staid their appetite and thirst helping them to live and work at altitudes from 2,000 to over 3,000 meters above sea level. These people were also aware of the many curative properties of the coca leaf and use them as salves, compresses, and poultices.
I am in no way advocating the "general" use of it...just a reminder that nothing generic was intended to be useless provided one does not abuse it!!!

Old 09-27-2010, 06:56 PM

7,815 posts, read 10,717,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post

I know I shared my lasagna recipe on here but I understand that we cannot share marijuana recipes.....
ROFLOL!!!

Oh, but the above just made June's day!!! Imagine an infraction for "The Sharing Of A Controlled Substance Recipe!"

Old 09-27-2010, 06:59 PM

7,815 posts, read 10,717,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

Imagine an infraction for "The Sharing Of A Controlled Substance Recipe!"
....With or without the lasagna-laced aspect!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or