U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-27-2010, 07:06 PM

5,501 posts, read 2,225,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Okay....I honestly don't mean to laugh but I just couldn't help myself although I could see how you would be upset at the time
Good of you to have a belly laugh at my expense...medicinal...yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
ROFLOL!!!

Oh, but the above just made June's day!!! Imagine an infraction for "The Sharing Of A Controlled Substance Recipe!"
...this thread is getting out of hand (thanks to weird June)......that I look forward to everyday. May our laughter last awhile...

Last edited by ans57; 09-27-2010 at 07:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 09:23 PM

823 posts, read 581,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Good of you to have a belly laugh at my expense...medicinal...yes?

...this thread is getting out of hand (thanks to weird June)......that I look forward to everyday. May our laughter last awhile...
I was thinking the same thing the thread went from:

dogs to
controlling pain to
yukky Italian lasagna
to marijuana baked goods

Gotta Love it Sooooo how is the weather?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:28 PM

7,431 posts, read 6,681,602 times
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing the thread went from:

dogs to
controlling pain to
yukky Italian lasagna
to marijuana baked goods

Gotta Love it Sooooo how is the weather?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:31 PM

7,431 posts, read 6,681,602 times
Quote:

Sooooo how is the weather?
Only in New England can it go from 80-something degrees down to 60 in less than 24 hours....

~Since you asked!

Old 09-27-2010, 09:58 PM

4,021 posts, read 4,237,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Only in New England can it go from 80-something degrees down to 60 in less than 24 hours....

~Since you asked!
We hit a high temp of at least 91 today where we live in Oregon. Yesterday, the high temp was around 69 or 70.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 PM

June....my dream is to visit the East Coast one day as I am on the West coast. We have had crazy weather here....lots and lots of rain and almost hitting a record as we normally have little rain in September. Our temps are also unseasonably warm for this time of the year 26 C(over 80 F) degrees yesterday. But I am heading to the lake this weekend - for my last trip before we shut the cottage down for the winter and the forecast looks sunny and temps around 22 C degrees (mid 70's F).

There are no decidious trees at the lake though so no Fall colours.... all evergreen and pine.

I love living on the coast though - I love the Seasons. My youngest son is in New Brunswick right now and heading for Nova Scotia next week so I told him to start taking pictures of the beaitufl Fall trees.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:27 PM

Default Shipwreck

Okay I hope that all of you don't mind if a proud Mom can do some bragging on here I know Christians should be humble but, but, but

Some of you may remember that I had to say good-bye to my 18 year old son a month ago....he is on a 4 month tour with his band touring Eastern Canada with a non for profit association who are hitting many high schools across the continent sending positive messages to our youth. They have been doing well and the girls are really going crazy for them :0 but they are now sponsored by Beaver Buzz Energy Drink.

If you have a minute go to BeaverBuzz.com and check out my sons band play their new hit "Shipwreck"....... its the first song when you open their web page....at least today it is

Let me know what you think of them

Old 09-27-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
We hit a high temp of at least 91 today where we live in Oregon. Yesterday, the high temp was around 69 or 70.

You are not far from me....Yesterday it was over 80 here in Vancouver, BC which is unseasonably warm for the coast.....

Old 09-27-2010, 10:34 PM

4,021 posts, read 4,237,586 times
Quote:
You are not far from me....Yesterday it was over 80 here in Vancouver, BC which is unseasonably warm for the coast.....

It had been somewhat chilly with rain and drizzle the last few days, then today it leaped up. It's also been rather sticky and humid all day. I can't remember when it's been like that here.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:39 PM

1,577 posts, read 934,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
. . . .
Thank you, NightBazaar! Just so you'll know, I don't intend to use it but was curious about how it may be used s medicine. Thank you for the info! I think it's legal here, but apparently, there are some questions and disagreements between the powers here.

ANS! That is just horrible! I am sorry about that happening and sorry about your loss of a friend. Perhaps you can contact her?

Laced lasagna, huh, SisterKat? Hm-m-m-m!
__________________________________________________ _________________

Okay. I am going to share something with y'all. <- That from a northerner!

Okay. Deep breath.

I do understand tonight why some of you hate churches and christianity so much. There are so many damaged churches out there and so many damaged people in them -- AND so many damaged people leading them.

The following is an email I just wrote to a friend -- something i have been carrying around for 20 years, along with the other abuses I have already admitted I had from churches. This one? I have been too twisted out of shape over it to even admit it.

Here's the email:
Quote:
I didn't want to admit it, but it [both sleeplessness and a headache] was brought on by depression, P. I am facing it head-on and moving to take care of it.

I called my daughter-in-law and admitted everything to her that [my daughter] already knows. At this very moment, this very second, I am feeling SO FREE!

You see, when [my daughter] got married -- on her wedding day -- the pastor who officiated came to me, glared at me right in the eyes, and said, "You leave them alone! Stay out of their lives!" What he said ate right into my very soul, into my extremely low self-esteem and my despair. I have always seen myself as so damaged. And when he said that, I really believed his lies. It ate my very soul on [my daughter's] wedding day. And I had never gotten over it.

This is a bastion that has held me prisoner for all the years of her marriage -- over 20 years! All that time, I have thought I was doing the right thing, doing what was right for them, by only going to their homes when invited and only letting them invited themselves here. And my daughter-in-law told me today that they thought I felt I'd had a rought time rearing them, and now, I just wanted to be left alone!

You have asked me many times about my children because I don't speak of them often. I have been ashamed to tell you! My heart has always known that what he did was vicious, cruel, hateful, and mean, but my psyche always told me I was damaged goods and they didn't want me around; I was in the way; I was just extra baggage.

The depression was over many years ago [I was clinically depressed all my lifem until I was 42], but I have continued to carry this until now. I cannot tell you how free I feel tonight! Sure, I am still teary-eyed right now, but I am free! They are tears of Freedom! I don't believe that vicious man anymore!

I love you, P. You don't have any idea what a friend you have been to me. You have helped me in more ways than I can count, and this is one of those ways. You gave me the idea that I was somehow worthy of your friendship, and that has led me to THIS PLACE!

I prayed about this in front of [my husband] in our sukkah Friday night, and he also encouraged me. It's OVER.
Right now, you are reading the post of a very happy person. This has caused so much bondage!

There. I've told you, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity