U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 11:27 PM

823 posts, read 1,120,565 times

Advertisements

VelcroQueen..... you really need to live up to your Screen Name Give those kids a call, invite them over, invite yourself over and become like a strip of Velcro in their lives.

Seroiusly though. You have been walking on egg shells all of these years because of what he said to you, because you didn't think you deserved to be more than an appt. in their lives. You are their Mother, you gave birth to them, raised them and you kept your distance thinking that's what they wanted because of what "he" said and all of the while they were thinking that you wanted to keep yourself at arm's length. Communication....its a funny thing and I am glad that you feel "free" tonight Velcro!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 11:41 PM

5,090 posts, read 8,062,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Thank you, NightBazaar! Just so you'll know, I don't intend to use it but was curious about how it may be used s medicine. Thank you for the info! I think it's legal here, but apparently, there are some questions and disagreements between the powers here.
You're welcome. I'm glad it was helpful. I understood that your questions were a matter of curiosity. I certainly don't know all the answers, but I thought I'd share my own perspectives about it. There are some things it won't help, and it's not necessarily something appropriate for everyone. There is a rising number of states that have approved it for medical use, and some that haven't approved it but have decided not to bother jailing people over it. In some cases, it's treated in the same way as a minor traffic violation with a fine. In terms of Federal law, it's still an illegal controlled substance on the books, but Obama asked the Department of Justice to discontinue prosecuting people who use it for medical reasons. It seems like it's pretty much up to the states to decide. The exception being large illegal growers and dealers are fair targets for prosecution.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:48 PM

21,188 posts, read 20,991,220 times
Oh VelcroQueen - I'm so sorry and happy for you all at the same time! It angers me so much what that man said to you. People can be so cruel. And he probably gave himself a nice pat on the back afterwards - not even realizing the damage he had done. Whatever your religion, whatever your beliefs - love is the most important thing in the world. It would be so much easier if everyone realized this.
I said this on another thread before - but why is it that it is so much easier for us to believe the bad things people say about us than it is for us to believe the good things? It really should be the other way around - but I know that it isn't for me. I tend to forget most of the compliments people pay me and instead remember all the bad things people have said to me. I've gotten better about it - but when you have low self esteem to begin with - it's easier to believe the negative things.
I am so happy that you have finally lifted this burden off your back. From what I know of you on this forum - you are such a warm, kind, loving, peaceful, caring person. Anyone would be lucky to have you for a mother.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:14 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,847,658 times
Thank you, SisterKat and Dewdrop for your encouragement. And thank you, NightBazaar, for your answers.

Oh, it was such a sick church with so many sick leaders, although there were far more good people there as well. It has taken many years to break off the pieces of the shell it had bound me into. This has been the one piece of "shell" that stuck hard, causing angst and shame to me. I gave that man a lot of power over me. But it is OVER!! I feel so STRONG! So THROUGH!

When I talked to my daughter-in-law yesterday, I invited them out for lunch on Sunday, and she is thinking of making it a meal at her home instead, which may be better. I am still a little emotional right now over this -- the freedom is overwhelming.

Next, I want to invite myself over to my daughter's. She will understand. I recently went over to her house to take her and my grandson a birthday lunch together, and I left, not knowing that their youngest was nearly home. It took a few days for her to tell me, fearing it would hurt my feelings, but eventually, she called and told me that their youngest was very disappointed that I hadn't waited for him. I had no clue he would feel like that! She thought she might hurt me to tell me, and I just thanked her over and over for telling me!

They are all so good to me, but the stuff kept me from responding as I wanted to.

Yes, I believe it is over. I know it is over. I just wanted to shout out my freedom here as well!

Old 09-28-2010, 01:11 PM

7,811 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
I know it is over. I just wanted to shout out my freedom here as well!
June is very happy for you, as well as glad that you "shouted out your freedom" here! There is something so incredibly liberating about the notion of finally being able to "let go" of something that has been burdensome to us for such a long time! Be well, my dear, and be sure and....

Take gentle liberating care!

Old 09-28-2010, 01:28 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,571,235 times
Quote:
Thank you, SisterKat and Dewdrop for your encouragement. And thank you, NightBazaar, for your answers.

Oh, it was such a sick church with so many sick leaders, although there were far more good people there as well. It has taken many years to break off the pieces of the shell it had bound me into. This has been the one piece of "shell" that stuck hard, causing angst and shame to me. I gave that man a lot of power over me. But it is OVER!! I feel so STRONG! So THROUGH!

When I talked to my daughter-in-law yesterday, I invited them out for lunch on Sunday, and she is thinking of making it a meal at her home instead, which may be better. I am still a little emotional right now over this -- the freedom is overwhelming.

Next, I want to invite myself over to my daughter's. She will understand. I recently went over to her house to take her and my grandson a birthday lunch together, and I left, not knowing that their youngest was nearly home. It took a few days for her to tell me, fearing it would hurt my feelings, but eventually, she called and told me that their youngest was very disappointed that I hadn't waited for him. I had no clue he would feel like that! She thought she might hurt me to tell me, and I just thanked her over and over for telling me!

They are all so good to me, but the stuff kept me from responding as I wanted to.

Yes, I believe it is over. I know it is over. I just wanted to shout out my freedom here as well!
Velcro...I'm so glad that you are now letting yourself to be part of your son's and daughter's lives. Sometime...being too considerate prevents us from having a more intimate relationship with others. I can imagine how you've thought you maybe intruding and vice versa...I've done that...it happens all the time. Open communication is always a good thing.

Being a mother and grandmother myself...I'm so happy for you...and thank you for sharing your story with us...

Old 09-28-2010, 01:54 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,847,658 times
Oh, thank you, both of you. Now, I am working on forgiving that pastor as well. Before, I was too angry to try, and thinking about him always just brought rage. It's over.

My children, children-in-law, and grandchildren are all so good to me! I am so grateful!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:32 PM

7,811 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Default "Bye-bye Chantix!"

Let's face it: June is no friend of marijuana, but from what she's heard, it's quite effective in the treatment of nausea. Let it suffice to say that if June had any pot, she'd be lighting up as we speak. June had taken Chantix three years ago, without experiencing any side effects, whatsoever. This time around, however, it's a whole different story! (And this, after only two days!)

So it's 'bye-bye' to this Chantix stuff, as the nausea is just the tip of the iceberg, as they say! Can't figure out why it worked the first time around, but now? Yowzah! June darn near posted in the "Prayer Request" thread!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:53 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,571,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Let's face it: June is no friend of marijuana, but from what she's heard, it's quite effective in the treatment of nausea. Let it suffice to say that if June had any pot, she'd be lighting up as we speak. June had taken Chantix three years ago, without experiencing any side effects, whatsoever. This time around, however, it's a whole different story! (And this, after only two days!)

So it's 'bye-bye' to this Chantix stuff, as the nausea is just the tip of the iceberg, as they say! Can't figure out why it worked the first time around, but now? Yowzah! June darn near posted in the "Prayer Request" thread!
I was gonna ask June "how she is doing with...???"

You don't need to go to that thread...here is fine...you were in mine...

Old 09-28-2010, 03:12 PM

6,791 posts, read 4,069,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

Never mind that stuff anyway June.
Reach down deep inside yourself and pull up the very best of your willpower.
You have all the power over those cigs...they cannot control you...you are much stronger than they are...you will stand victorious!
Just ride the wave of good thoughts and positive vibes being sent your way...to certain success!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or