U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 04:53 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,498,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Welcome back, herefornow!!! Good to see you are still among us! We missed ya!
Still among you. Yep, I guess I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Welcome back! Hope you have been well!
Thanks, Dewdrop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Welcome back herefornow...I missed you too!

I tried to find Velcro on the other forum...but couldn't... When familiar posters ignore me a couple of times even when I quote them...I always think it's something I said...- It breaks my heart but, Oh well...
I'm certainly not ignoring anybody. I like to talk to all kinds of people, whether I agree with them or not. It's how I learn. I'm sure many people do not agree with me, but I hope they still want to debate, or talk about animals, food, MJ, or anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 04:53 PM

823 posts, read 1,123,894 times
No VelcroQueen must have a legit reason for being away...I don't think Ans that you could hurt a flea!

Welcome back HereforNow.

BTW.....Oakley is doing better today....the sores are hardening and not spreading and tomorrow we are off to the vet for a check-up and a biopsy!

I am off now for my Pumkin Pie and Thanksgiving Celebrations! See you tomorrow!

Old 10-10-2010, 05:01 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,421,816 times
Hello my friends.
I went on a hayride with my kids today, it was an hour long and can i say...with the color of the leaves and fall in the air....it was amazing.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:42 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,583,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I don't think Ans that you could hurt a flea!

BTW.....Oakley is doing better today....the sores are hardening and not spreading and tomorrow we are off to the vet for a check-up and a biopsy!

I am off now for my Pumkin Pie and Thanksgiving Celebrations! See you tomorrow!
Ohhh...you sweet soul()...thank you for the compliment but...always remember the saying, "tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are" or this one, "birds of the same feathers flock together."
I'm happy that Oakley is doing better, Hurray!
Wish we could all join in on your Thanksgiving Celebrations...yummy...I seem to be forever famished whenever any of you ladies mention food, cooked every which way.........have a joyous one!

P.S. SisterKat...I'm a fan of "Anne of Green Gables" and "Tales of Avonlea"...my grand-kids and I used to watch it together on weekends with popcorn and resonant laughter! Good old fashion, wonderful way of life. In my "idealistic" mindset, your Cabin by the lake reminds me of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Hello my friends.
I went on a hayride with my kids today, it was an hour long and can i say...with the color of the leaves and fall in the air....it was amazing.
Hi sunshineann...I don't doubt you had a blast with your children today...what a blessing...

Old 10-10-2010, 05:44 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,498,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Hello my friends.

It sounds absolutely beautiful. Wish I could have been there.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:34 PM

7,816 posts, read 10,720,792 times
Quote:

Oakley is doing better today....the sores are hardening and not spreading...
June oh, so APPROVES of this post!!! And is thrilled that Oakley is doing better! You have made her night in knowing that the dear dog is okay, and doing better!!!!

Old 10-11-2010, 12:45 PM

823 posts, read 1,123,894 times
I just want to say Oakely is going to be fine. The vet was AMAZED at how well he is doing after only 2 days. I brought in the information I looked up on-line. Found on the doggy forum that June so kindly directed me to.

[SIZE=3]Eosinophilic Furunculosis[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Canine eosinophilic furunculosis is probably a related disease. It has been reported in many breeds, but typically is seen in long-nosed large breeds or curious small breeds (i.e., terriers) with potential access to wasps, bees, ants, spiders, etc (5). It is thus felt to be due to arthropod bites or stings. Consistent with this, the disease may be very rapid in onset, leading to nasal/muzzle swelling, exudation and pain. Large, swollen, erythematous lesions on the muzzle are the most common lesions, but in some dogs similar lesions may be seen on the head, periocularly and around the pinna. Impression smears will often show eosinophils. While diagnosis is usually done on a clinical basis, histologic confirmation will show lesions similar to that of the canine eosinophilic granuloma, but with more eosinophilic infiltration into the epidermis and follicular wall, a furunculosis, and fewer areas of eosinophilic debris-coated collagen. Treatment is as reported for the canine eosinophilic granuloma. [/SIZE]
The Vet said he is positive that this is what Oakley has and that he had had a hunch and so treated him with predisone the other day and it is the predisone that is the primary treatment plan. He never charged me for the visit today, only the meds ($50.00), because I was the one that found the diagnosis on-line....I thought that was pretty cool. So it was most likely a spider or wasp that got him and he gave me extra meds to have on hand up at the lake in case this is to ever re-occur. Check out how well he is today.

I am so thankful today...and today is Thanksgiving day in Canada!

Thanks to all here on CD who helped me lessen my worries!

Old 10-11-2010, 01:01 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,064,196 times
Sister Kat - I'm so relieved!!! That's great news! Happy Thanksgiving and give Oakely a big hug and kiss for all of us!!!

Old 10-11-2010, 01:43 PM

7,816 posts, read 10,720,792 times
Quote:
I just want to say Oakely is going to be fine. The vet was AMAZED at how well he is doing after only 2 days...... Check out how well he is today.
SisterKat- Those "before" and "after" pictures are amazing!!! Good for you for having gotten to the bottom of what had afflicted Oakely! I am so glad that he's okay, and that the mystery is solved, and that he doesn't have anything like lupus, or some other horrible illness!!! --And I'm tellin' ya, those folks up there on that Pet/Dog Forum are virtual saints! They are a wealth of information, and sooooo willing to help! Good to know we have such kind hearted souls in the world!

Sounds like a happy Thanksgiving up there in your corner of the world!!!

Old 10-11-2010, 02:37 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,583,824 times
Quote:
I just want to say Oakely is going to be fine. The vet was AMAZED at how well he is doing after only 2 days. I brought in the information I looked up on-line. Found on the doggy forum that June so kindly directed me to.

The Vet said he is positive that this is what Oakley has and that he had had a hunch and so treated him with predisone the other day and it is the predisone that is the primary treatment plan. He never charged me for the visit today, only the meds ($50.00), because I was the one that found the diagnosis on-line....I thought that was pretty cool. So it was most likely a spider or wasp that got him and he gave me extra meds to have on hand up at the lake in case this is to ever re-occur. Check out how well he is today.

I am so thankful today...and today is Thanksgiving day in Canada!

Thanks to all here on CD who helped me lessen my worries!
So glad Oakley is doing much better today...less worries now that we know it is not that serious...though...poor thing!

Spitzy pooh wants to say, Hello...

Enjoy your thanksgiving...you too Oak...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or