Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 08:29 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,883,847 times

Advertisements

Miss Blue, its nice to hear from you and thanks June for all the updates! If you need anything from your city-data friends, please let us know! We love ya !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 11:14 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Oh, Miss Blue! So happy you are safe and sound! You have been in all of our thoughts and will continue to be!

Old 07-20-2010, 02:13 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,031 times
I'm so happy to hear you and yours are safe...if you need anything please let us know (from the core)...

Old 07-20-2010, 03:17 PM

63,796 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Whew! What a relief. You and yours were never far from my thoughts. Good to see you again, Miss Blue. Be well,
Mystic

Old 07-20-2010, 03:31 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Hi everyone

I wanted to take a few minutes to let you know how much your words of concern and compassion have meant to me during this time..

We are all safe and sound..My kids and grandkids are all here and working nearly round the clock as we "toss, and bleach and toss and bleach" We had up to 8 inches of rain Saturday so it is no wonder it flooded..We have a lot of damage, including some structural damage but are blessed that we still have a roof over our heads when so many don't even know where their home floated off to..a few lives were lost and many injuries were treated even at our local funeral home who opened their doors for shelter and a triage area.

We have much work to do and it will be a few more days before I am free enough to spend much time here, but I just wanted you all to know that your kindness is very much appreciated and is a great boost for my spirit

Hugs and blessing to all of you, and special thanks to June for the phone calls, for making me laugh and for passing along information..

Bev/MB
I'm so happy you are your household are safe. I hope the damage can be repaired quickly and you will be sitting in your rocking chair on your porch before too long.

From your post about the church kids helping your son, it looks like you will have plenty of good help.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:35 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
Default June loves her job, but...

There is nothing sweeter than to leave one's office (early!) on a Friday afternoon, knowing that you shall be on vacation the following week! June is just the happiest little heathen on God's green earth at the moment!

Yeehah!!!

Old 07-23-2010, 12:24 PM

63,796 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
There is nothing sweeter than to leave one's office (early!) on a Friday afternoon, knowing that you shall be on vacation the following week! June is just the happiest little heathen on God's green earth at the moment!

Yeehah!!!
Hallelujah!!! Enjoy your vacation, "Just June" . . . any special plans? Will we be without your presence here at C-D as well? Be well,
Mystic

Old 07-23-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

Hallelujah!!!
You can say that again, and an atheist "Amen", as well!!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
Enjoy your vacation, "Just June" . . . any special plans?
"Just June" is planning on staying home, and "vegging." She intentionally did NOT make any plans to go anywhere, as she just wants "down time" to relax, and read a 960 page novel that she's not had the time to get to! Sleep, read, sleep read. Yup, "just June" is just that "just boring" of a person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
Will we be without your presence here at C-D as well?
~Not on your life, dear friend! The Eyes of June are never far away!

Vacation: Yippeeee!!!!

Old 07-23-2010, 02:33 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
You can say that again, and an atheist "Amen", as well!!!...

"Just June" is planning on staying home, and "vegging." She intentionally did NOT make any plans to go anywhere, as she just wants "down time" to relax, and read a 960 page novel that she's not had the time to get to! Sleep, read, sleep read. Yup, "just June" is just that "just boring" of a person!

~Not on your life, dear friend! The Eyes of June are never far away!

Vacation: Yippeeee!!!!

Enjoy your home vacation...stay put...dont' go anywhere, and just read..sleep...read...sleep...read...

Old 07-23-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Enjoy your home vacation...stay put...dont' go anywhere, and just read..sleep...read...sleep...read...

~Except tonight, June is kicking off "The Week of Rest" by having accepted an invite to one of Boston's really good seafood restaurants to indulge in steamers, crab cakes, and Bloody Mary's.

Poor June. Hope she can handle the excitement!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity