Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 03:05 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
....Has June mentioned that she tends to dislike Sundays, as they are the prelude to becoming Mondays?

Me too!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 03:07 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
Hello, my name is Roman. I love Jesus and I love talking about the Lord and Scripture and worship and prayer and all those things.
I'm not very good at evangelism so I give it a bit of a miss.
HA! So this is where you're hiding huh? Git on back down with us. We 'aint a finished 'whuppin' ya yet dude!

Old 08-10-2010, 09:36 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
~Yup, there ain't nuthin' like a summer cold. But as they say "God bless" Tylenol Extra Strength Multi-Symptom Cold and Cough Medicine!" (Which June is convinced is saving her life right about now...) --That, along with a 'sick day' from work.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:24 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
~Yup, there ain't nuthin' like a summer cold. But as they say "God bless" Tylenol Extra Strength Multi-Symptom Cold and Cough Medicine!" (Which June is convinced is saving her life right about now...) --That, along with a 'sick day' from work.

I hope you feel better! Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest!

Old 08-10-2010, 10:30 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Sorry to hear our "just June" is sick . . . (but glad it didn't happen during your vacation). Take care and be well,
Mystic

Old 08-10-2010, 11:03 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,251,422 times
Hot lemonade! Russian tea! My cures for everything!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:17 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sorry to hear our "just June" is sick . . . (but glad it didn't happen during your vacation). Take care and be well,
Mystic
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Hot lemonade! Russian tea! My cures for everything!
Thanks, guys!

You are oh, so right, my magical mystical friend: Had 'just June' gotten sick on vacation, she would REALLY have been, well, you know the sentiment!

VelcroQueen: Not exactly sure we have hot lemondade here in New England..(Does 'just June' just boil/heat the stuff up? (Duh. Dumb question, 'just June' just realized!) --And the only tea June has is Twinings Earl Grey. (Great stuff, it is!) So June is resorting to that age-old panacea of chicken noodle soup. --Which she can only stand when she's sick, but it seems to do the trick!

~Here's to hoped for restored health and hope!

Old 08-10-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Now then 'Slash', listen to me. 30 minutes before going to bed fill a tumbler glass one-third full of whiskey and then fill to the top with very hot lemonade. Drink it while it is as hot as you can stand. It won't do Jack for your cold of course but damn, you sure will sleep well.

Last edited by Rafius; 08-10-2010 at 01:41 PM..

Old 08-10-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
--And the only tea June has is Twinings Earl Grey. (Great stuff, it is!)
Cut down on the Earl Grey tea. It's flavoured with oil of Bergamot which does have some carcinogenic properties.....small I believe but there all the same.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
I'm back! I finished my book series (10 books)! Now I just have to read my book club book before our meeting on Thursday! I tend to get obsessed with books... I've been reading for the past 2 weeks straight! The house is a mess, the emails are unanswered, friends and family have been ignored... Oops!

June - when I'm sick, I take sudafed severe cold formula, zicam, chinese herbs, cold care tea, and anything else I can get my hands on! I'm not sure what helps and what doesn't! I also sleep like there's no tomorrow. I have gotten acupuncture when I had a cold before - and that seemed to work best but it's expensive and you have to leave your bed! Take care of yourself and get better soon!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity