Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 08:15 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I was just going through the posts again, and I really wanted to thank you for your sympathy! I completely agree with you. I never could understand why the government outlawed pot but not aclohol. Probably, it's because so many politicians like to drink, and they don't want their "brilliant minds" clouded by pot smoke. They also prop up big pharma, and pot is a natural medicine and much better for people than some of the drugs that get shoved down people's throats, so they wouldn't want people to get ahold of it.

Sigh.

I can get healthcare in jail. System is definitely broken.
If you're a resident of the state of Washington, and have "valid documentation" from a physician affirming a qualifying medical condition, you won't be hassled or sent to jail for possession. The conditions are that you must not have more than a 60-day supply (not sure how much that is though). You're not allowed to buy or sell it. You must obtain a supply from a designated grower. There might be some resources in your state that can point you to a grower. No driving while under the influence please.

14 Legal Medical Marijuana States and DC - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 09:12 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Herefornow, I have been reading this thread this evening because there is a lull in my topsy turvy life right now and I am trying to catch up on the threads we don't have to mod.

Hi everyone else what a wonderful thread this is..I hope more members will come here now and then ..I think if we knew one another a little then we will understand them a lot better when we go to the debates

Anyway, I agree that if pot takes your pain away then you should have the prescription available to you..I totally believe that God created every thing on this earth for mans health, comfort, well being and enjoyment..That includes marijuana..
Most plants do have medicinal value and the problem is that man abuses the things given to us for our good and turns it into something so bad that we have to enforce laws to protect us from the abusers..

I will surely remember you in my prayers..I cannot imagine the constant pain you suffer I pray that something can be done to make your life more comfortable..

We are here to hopefully ease your pain a bit with laughter and idle chat just as we are gonna be with june everyday as she strives to be called "a quitter"..
There is an old old thread somewhere around for quitters..It was fun and actually helped some.

I am rambling on and on like a tired old lady..Hmmmm, I just realized that I am a tired old lady

Old 09-24-2010, 10:40 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
If you're a resident of the state of Washington, and have "valid documentation" from a physician affirming a qualifying medical condition, you won't be hassled or sent to jail for possession. The conditions are that you must not have more than a 60-day supply (not sure how much that is though). You're not allowed to buy or sell it. You must obtain a supply from a designated grower. There might be some resources in your state that can point you to a grower. No driving while under the influence please.

14 Legal Medical Marijuana States and DC - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org
Thanks, NightBazaar. I did send off my medical records to the Washington Cannabis Association, so they will call and set up an appointment for me soon. I hear people still get into pretty big trouble sometimes, but I think that's more the growers than the smokers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Herefornow, I have been reading this thread this evening because there is a lull in my topsy turvy life right now and I am trying to catch up on the threads we don't have to mod.

Hi everyone else what a wonderful thread this is..I hope more members will come here now and then ..I think if we knew one another a little then we will understand them a lot better when we go to the debates
I'm so happy you started this thread, Miss Blue. It really does help.

Quote:
Anyway, I agree that if pot takes your pain away then you should have the prescription available to you..I totally believe that God created every thing on this earth for mans health, comfort, well being and enjoyment..That includes marijuana..
Most plants do have medicinal value and the problem is that man abuses the things given to us for our good and turns it into something so bad that we have to enforce laws to protect us from the abusers..
Very, very true. I would tell my kids, if and when I talk to them about it, that it should be used just like any other medicine. It shouldn't be used to cover up emotional issues or used to space out and ignore life, which is how some people use it. If there are legitimate reasons for it, then, okay. Just like there should be reasons for taking Vicodin or any other scheduled drug.

Quote:
I will surely remember you in my prayers..I cannot imagine the constant pain you suffer I pray that something can be done to make your life more comfortable..

We are here to hopefully ease your pain a bit with laughter and idle chat just as we are gonna be with june everyday as she strives to be called "a quitter"..
There is an old old thread somewhere around for quitters..It was fun and actually helped some.
Thank you so much, and laughter really does help.

Go June!

Quote:
I am rambling on and on like a tired old lady..Hmmmm, I just realized that I am a tired old lady
I'm happy to have your rambles and, sometimes, I feel "done," and I'm not even considered old, yet. You probably have more energy than I do.

By the way, I hope your house is back to normal. I've never been in a flood, and I was wondering how your town was doing.

Last edited by herefornow; 09-24-2010 at 10:49 PM..

Old 09-24-2010, 11:07 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Default "Late Night With June....?"

June has the feeling she's the only one on....

A moderator never sleeps!

"Anyone? Anyone?"

Old 09-24-2010, 11:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
It's still early to me!

Old 09-24-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It's still early to me!
Hey, Kindred Spirit! We're on the same 'time schedule' here! June is just hanging around, listening to this:

YouTube - Zero 7 - In The Waiting Line

GOOD song!

Old 09-24-2010, 11:28 PM

We are watching House - the hubby just ate dinner!

Old 09-24-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
We are watching House - the hubby just ate dinner!
Wow~! Kinda late for eating dinner, but then I just realized what he does, and thus, what time he must get home! Poor hubby!

Stand by, as June suspects it's just us "late nighters" on!

~And it's already "Saturday!"

Old 09-24-2010, 11:41 PM

Default "The Atheists Rock"

C'mon, you little "Heatherist" you, June just knows you've rocked to this one before! This must be the "Late Night Atheist" portion of this thread. What, like we're the only ones up after midnight?

Sing with June, little Heatherist, cuz it's now officially "Saturday!":

YouTube - Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting (Yellow Brick Road 14 of 21)

Old 09-24-2010, 11:48 PM

Awesome!
Yes - the hubby gets home around 12:20am or so. We keep odd hours, I know.
He just got an exercise bike - the doctor's recommendation for his knee - so we are about to go down to the basement so he can ride that and I can do a little more on the treadmill! Like I said, we keep odd hours!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity