Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 02:57 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Is the movie based on a true story about (June thinks?) a Japanese or Chinese man who had a dog who waited for him every evening to come off his commuter train? June knows that what you describe is familiar; she thinks she saw a documentary about said dog and owner years ago....
That's the very same one June...after I watched it...I gave my Spitzy pooh a big and loving hug...ohhhh...so moving...

My grand daughter downloaded it for me from Vuze when she found out we'd been bragging about our beloved dogs on c-d...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 03:02 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Speaking of straws...I just remembered something, a friend of mine from Michigan visited two months ago and gave me a smoking kit "SMOKING STICK" premium electronic cigarettes as she has one herself. It is still in my den drawer...can anyone tell me the + versus the - side of it...???

My husband used the electronic cigarettes. He said they didn't really help. It gave him something to do, though. Holding the stick and blowing the "smoke." Obviously, it didn't give him the nicotine, but the act of smoking kept some of the anxiety away.

He only gets cravings every once in awhile, now. Mostly, when he's around other smokers.

(I've been craving cigarettes for a few months, and I haven't smoked in over 10 years! I don't know what's going on. Maybe the stress is getting to me.)

Old 09-25-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
My husband used the electronic cigarettes. He said they didn't really help. It gave him something to do, though. Holding the stick and blowing the "smoke." Obviously, it didn't give him the nicotine, but the act of smoking kept some of the anxiety away.

He only gets cravings every once in awhile, now. Mostly, when he's around other smokers.

(I've been craving cigarettes for a few months, and I haven't smoked in over 10 years! I don't know what's going on. Maybe the stress is getting to me.)
My friend...for those of you who have jumped over the hurdle...please don't even think about it!

Yesterday..just to give me something to loath about ()...I dared smoke one cig in the den and closed the window and the sliding glass door to main house with just the fan on. After an hour or so I could still smell the smoke...yuck!

That should make me smoke even less...

Old 09-25-2010, 03:17 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
Quote:

I just feel so useless, now.
...But you are most certainly NOT "useless." You're in pain, and extremely limited in what you can and can't do. But you are still the same "you" on the inside....Know what June means?

Quote:
But, as I told June, being immobile has made me stop and get real. I've been studying and reading and studying and reading. That's been a very good thing (I think). So, I'm looking on the bright side of things, for now. I just don't know how much longer I can do that.
June hears ya! When she had Guillian Barre, it is sympomattically just like MS, which is what they initially were afraid June had. June can tell you that for those years of her life when she was in pain, and couldn't walk, that it more or less went very far towards "re-defining" her life....If anything, it made June far more aware of what the rest of the world took for granted. If you can sustain yourself in reading, studying, then that's a good thing, as those things ALSO come from within you, and they are hardly "useless" endeavors!

If June could take your pain away, and give back to you the life that you had, and continue to want to have, trust her: She'd do so in a heartbeat!

Truly....

Old 09-25-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:

June is definatley thinking that incorporating the "straw thing" along with the Chantix should help....She already is feeling crapppy about thinking how, come Monday, it's "bye-bye" to smoking, but as the saying goes: "A June's gotta do what a June's gotta do!"

Old 09-25-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
That's the very same one June...
Thought so.

In the documentary that June saw ages ago, they also mentioned a dog in (?) Scotland or England whose owner was a constable. When the owner of the dog died, people in the village noticed how the dog would curl up on top of the his deceased owner's grave each day. They eventually buried the dog right next to his owner's grave, in the same cemetary....

It's amazing how loyal these animals can be. It amazes June...

Old 09-25-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Thought so.

In the documentary that June saw ages ago, they also mentioned a dog in (?) Scotland or England whose owner was a constable. When the owner of the dog died, people in the village noticed how the dog would curl up on top of the his deceased owner's grave each day. They eventually buried the dog right next to his owner's grave, in the same cemetary....

It's amazing how loyal these animals can be. It amazes June...
It's that sense of "trust" that makes us love our dogs so fiercely...we let go of reservations and give that precious love fully that at times...only our pets can truly reciprocate......

Old 09-25-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
It's that sense of "trust" that makes us love our dogs so fiercely...we let go of reservations and give that precious love fully that at times...only our pets can truly reciprocate......
"Misha approves this post."

Old 09-25-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
"Misha approves this post."

And Spitzy says "arrff, arrff" (thank you Misha)...

Old 09-25-2010, 08:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Cookie is currently sleeping next to me on the sofa - so she adds a snore or two to the conversation! Yes, she really does snore!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity