Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 08:15 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times

Advertisements

Good evening all..Just browsing around reading here and there..

Went shopping today and decided NOT toChristmas shop so went to the grocery instead..Of course it was just as crowded and hectic as the shops were. I usually just shop on line, but thought it would be a nice break from the upheavel here at home..Forget that. I came home and did a little shopping on line between chores and "Hey mamaw's" .

Someone was talking about "empty nests" a few posts back, I am sure without a doubt that I raised at least two Homing Pigeons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 08:26 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Someone was talking about "empty nests" a few posts back, I am sure without a doubt that I raised at least two Homing Pigeons.

"Beware of (the initial onset) of empy nest syndrome, only to find that they end up returning home, after the fact!"

P.S. Mom loves you, Spud!...xoxo

Old 12-10-2010, 10:58 PM

823 posts, read 1,400,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Good one, homing pigeons - I like that
We talk about downsizing our home one day when the kids are gone. Our youngest is 18 and a rock star so if he doesn't make it big he is going to have to think about Plan B. I have a feeling that we won't be downsizing for quite some time.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:01 PM

823 posts, read 1,400,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I never thought these things could elicit smiles of contentment the first time around, while the principal were growing up...but after they left the nest, and white noise took place, I now find myself looking for every opportunity to lure them back, to include compounded interest (2+5=7...-) to fill the nest again with...albeit, noisy/messy presence...

Forgive the rambling...just feeling nostalgic...have a good day!
Ans. I bet you cannot remember a time in your life where there was actually peace and quiet with raising your children and then granchildren. Your doing a wonderful blessed thing

Old 12-11-2010, 02:28 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Ans. I bet you cannot remember a time in your life where there was actually peace and quiet with raising your children and then granchildren. Your doing a wonderful blessed thing
Can't explain Kat...you need to experience it yourself...

There Was An Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe

There was an old woman
who lived in a shoe,
She had so many (grand) children
she didn't know what to do;

She gave them some broth

without any bread;
She whipped them all soundly
and put them to bed...

All in jest...

Old 12-11-2010, 03:04 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Well, went to the game and it was worse than I thought. One jumbo hot dog, one nacho with cheese, one large drink, one huge pretzel, one package of chocolate chip cookies and one package of twizzlers. Went back twice to the concession stand. Hubby shared but I ate most of it.

The game for me is boring so I had to do something. LOL I took a radio and listened to it and that also helped. The game was boring since our side won by 20 pts. I like close games even if our side loses. I know I am a party pooper but sports is boring to me.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:08 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Our grand kids are coming over to stay the night. Ages 1 and 2. They usually do really good at sleeping. I hope they do good tonight. I haven't decorated the tree yet, just put it up so may let the 2 year old help with that if he can.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:20 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Our grand kids are coming over to stay the night. Ages 1 and 2. They usually do really good at sleeping. I hope they do good tonight. I haven't decorated the tree yet, just put it up so may let the 2 year old help with that if he can.
Ohhh...the glorious ages 1-3...huggable little angels and completely trusting janelle...though I love them at any age, "the fruit of our labors."

Old 12-11-2010, 03:23 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
One jumbo hot dog, one nacho with cheese, one large drink, one huge pretzel, one package of chocolate chip cookies and one package of twizzlers.
It's dinner time in June's neck of the woods, you're making me hungry, Janelle! Could really go for a good hot dog right about now....Hmmm....

Old 12-11-2010, 04:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
I love hot dogs!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity