Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2011, 04:16 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Me too...and then hop over to Australia.... I have free accommodations if I go & can stay with my Mom. She said it is truly beautiful!

Do you mean Australia is beautiful? Really? Maybe somebody can post some pics.

The people seem pretty laid back. At least they do in the most recent news articles from the flooding. Some are fishing off their porches and people are still getting together and hanging out in the middle of the water filled with snakes and who knows what.

And I remember the horrible fires that went raging through some towns awhile back, too. Absolutely horrible. People were dying because they couldn't get away fast enough. They all seem to be well acquainted with disaster, but they handle it quite well, if you ask me. It seems like a really rough continent to live on.

(and who could forget the major dust storm that struck the city? The sun was almost blocked out, the city turned red and everybody was just out taking pictures or jogging.Sydney looked like Mars. Those are some tough folks down there. )

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 03:19 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Herefornow - those are some crazy pics! Wow!

Old 01-09-2011, 03:51 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
They all seem to be well acquainted with disaster, but they handle it quite well, if you ask me. It seems like a really rough continent to live on.

Those are some tough folks down there. )

Herefornow..even the dog looks pretty laid back and unperturbed...

Have a good day everyone...

Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Herefornow-

Those were some truly gorgous pictures! They were like a little slice of beauty amid the winter up here in New England. --And they're predicting another big snow storm/blizzard moving up the coast, due to hit her by Wednesday...Looks like I'll be referring back to those pictures more than one would think!

Winter: Gotta love it.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Herefornow-

Those were some truly gorgous pictures! They were like a little slice of beauty amid the winter up here in New England. --And they're predicting another big snow storm/blizzard moving up the coast, due to hit her by Wednesday...Looks like I'll be referring back to those pictures more than one would think!

Winter: Gotta love it.
NOOOO!!!! The hubby just shoveled our long, long driveway!!! Argh!

Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 AM

823 posts, read 1,400,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
NOOOO!!!! The hubby just shoveled our long, long driveway!!! Argh!
Thanks Herefornow for the warning My favourite place on earth (besides my little piece of heaven at our cabin) to visit because of the beauty and how I feel when there is Maui, Hawaii. My Mom promises me that Australia is much more beautiful than Maui. It is also a 15 hour flight that she takes every year. I cannot imagine being in a plane for 15 hours.

To all of those preparing for more snow..... I went shopping last night (Sunday) and was surprised at how extremely busy it was. I was told it was because the Vancouver area was expecting record snowfall this week. That is one weather report anyway. Today the weatherman said that it will all be determined by a degree or two as we are that close to the freezing level... but just. Thinking of all of you who are truly living with it... Vancouver cannot handle dumps of snow and it is quite chaotic here when it falls. People don't know how to drive in it and sometimes it takes days for the snow plough to hit our streets. Thank Goodness my commute is from my bedroom to the den

Old 01-10-2011, 02:02 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
I went shopping last night (Sunday) and was surprised at how extremely busy it was. I was told it was because the Vancouver area was expecting record snowfall this week. That is one weather report anyway.
June wishes these weathermen would just get it straight, or at least be consistent about what gets reported. Last night the weather report up here was that there was a big storm moving up the east coast, due to "arrive" here sometime late Tuesday night and snow into all day Wednesday. (Get those shovels ready, June tells herself!) June also spoke to her mother last night, Dewdrop, who mentioned that they'd gotten a foot of snow in her area, which I know is close to yours....After a while the beauty of a "winter wonderland" just becomes somewhat tedious, ya know?

Last edited by june 7th; 01-10-2011 at 03:26 PM..

Old 01-10-2011, 02:08 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
We are preparing for our next round of snow later today..Thank you dear June for reminding me about my hubby's snow shovel.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks Herefornow for the warning My favourite place on earth (besides my little piece of heaven at our cabin) to visit because of the beauty and how I feel when there is Maui, Hawaii. My Mom promises me that Australia is much more beautiful than Maui. It is also a 15 hour flight that she takes every year. I cannot imagine being in a plane for 15 hours.

To all of those preparing for more snow..... I went shopping last night (Sunday) and was surprised at how extremely busy it was. I was told it was because the Vancouver area was expecting record snowfall this week. That is one weather report anyway. Today the weatherman said that it will all be determined by a degree or two as we are that close to the freezing level... but just. Thinking of all of you who are truly living with it... Vancouver cannot handle dumps of snow and it is quite chaotic here when it falls. People don't know how to drive in it and sometimes it takes days for the snow plough to hit our streets. Thank Goodness my commute is from my bedroom to the den
Maui is close to my heart because that's where we got married! It was the best day of our lives. It was so beautiful and everything was just perfect. Even the mess ups in the ceremony just added to the perfection of the day! We had 50 of our closest friends and family there - it was amazing.

The snow... Ohhhhh the snow... We got about 8 inches in the last storm. We were only supposed to get between 1-4 inches. Liars!!!
I hope you are all okay in Vancouver! At least here we are used to big snow storms... Although I don't know if I'll ever really get used to them now that I have a house and a driveway and a car and a shovel etc... Somethings were easier in NYC in our little apartment!

Old 01-10-2011, 02:47 PM

823 posts, read 1,400,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Maui is close to my heart because that's where we got married! It was the best day of our lives. It was so beautiful and everything was just perfect. Even the mess ups in the ceremony just added to the perfection of the day! We had 50 of our closest friends and family there - it was amazing.

The snow... Ohhhhh the snow... We got about 8 inches in the last storm. We were only supposed to get between 1-4 inches. Liars!!!
I hope you are all okay in Vancouver! At least here we are used to big snow storms... Although I don't know if I'll ever really get used to them now that I have a house and a driveway and a car and a shovel etc... Somethings were easier in NYC in our little apartment!
I would love to get Mauied on Maui I got engaged there on the beachin Kaanapali- was so romantic!

Now can hear IZ singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow......love that song! Looks like our snow may be rain......Whew!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity