Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 02:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I would love to get Mauied on Maui I got engaged there on the beachin Kaanapali- was so romantic!

Now can hear IZ singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow......love that song! Looks like our snow may be rain......Whew!
That is one of my favorite, favorite songs!!! First time I heard it (really heard it and paid attention to it) was on a helicopter ride in Kauai on our honeymoon! I bought the CD shortly after. The hubby and I absolutely love that song!

Kaanapali is beautiful. We got married in Ma'alaea Bay at a private estate. It was gorgeous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 03:09 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
ISN'T SHE ADORABLE?

A cross-eyed opossum in Germany called Heidi who is not yet even on public display has become an Internet hit, winning more than 65,000 admirers on social networking website Facebook.

Cross-eyed German opossum becomes Internet hit

Heidi is thought to be two and a half years old, and was abandoned outside an animal shelter in North Carolina in the United States, together with her sister Naira, and has been in Leipzig zoo in eastern Germany since May.
The sisters, plus a third male opossum called Teddy, arrived via a zoo in Denmark, and will make their public debut on July 1, the German zoo says on a special Internet page set up for Heidi's fans.
The zoo believes the marsupial's eye problem may be to do with her diet before she was abandoned, or because she is overweight, leading to fat deposits behind her eyes. Otherwise she is completely normal and not in pain.

Have a good day everyone...

Old 01-10-2011, 03:24 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Herefornow - those are some crazy pics! Wow!
It really looked like Mars to me. I guess the people down there are used to this kind of thing? Jogging around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Herefornow..even the dog looks pretty laid back and unperturbed...

Have a good day everyone...
I know! That dog looked like everything was a-okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Thanks Herefornow for the warning My favourite place on earth (besides my little piece of heaven at our cabin) to visit because of the beauty and how I feel when there is Maui, Hawaii. My Mom promises me that Australia is much more beautiful than Maui. It is also a 15 hour flight that she takes every year. I cannot imagine being in a plane for 15 hours.
I'm always dreaming of the tropics during the winter time. Winter for me means being frozen and never getting warm, gray skies, dead grass, no flowers, no blue sky, no happy birds, cabin fever, etc. It's always panic time. I guess I would have made a great sun worshiper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Herefornow-

Those were some truly gorgous pictures! They were like a little slice of beauty amid the winter up here in New England. --And they're predicting another big snow storm/blizzard moving up the coast, due to hit her by Wednesday...Looks like I'll be referring back to those pictures more than one would think!

Winter: Gotta love it.
I refuse to love winter, June. I've tried my darndest over the years.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:26 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
We are preparing for our next round of snow later today..Thank you dear June for reminding me about my hubby's snow shovel.
June's just sayin'....

Old 01-10-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
ISN'T SHE ADORABLE?

Ans, yes, she IS adorable! (And I bet she's not "into" snow, either!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I refuse to love winter, June. I've tried my darndest over the years.
Now don't get June wrong: Seems that it wasn't that long ago that she posted how she loves a good blizzard. HOWEVER, there also comes a point where loving those blizzards just turns into plain annoyance when faced with shovelling heavy, wet snow of a foot or two! (Thank god for the fact that my son returned home, as June can't fathom what type of workout she'd be getting shovelling a foot of wet snow herself!)

Give June spring....(And it's only the beginning of January!)

Old 01-10-2011, 03:34 PM

June...I know you love "winter" but right now...don't you wish to be in the tropics with a glass of cabernet saugvinon on hand soaking in the sun???

Just saying...

Take gentle "brrrr..." care.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
June...I know you love "winter" but right now...don't you wish to be in the tropics with a glass of cabernet saugvinon on hand soaking in the sun???.

Ans, you are so cruel posting a description of heaven like that. So, so cruel.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:

June knows what I'm talking about...

Old 01-10-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
June knows what I'm talking about...

Old 01-10-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
June...I know you love "winter" but right now...don't you wish to be in the tropics with a glass of cabernet saugvinon on hand soaking in the sun???
Are you trying to give June a nervous breakdown?....

Quote:
You tell her, herefornow! Yes, here's our dear little "just June" in a matter of days from now!

http://onthe13thfloor.com/wp-content...w_shovel_1.jpg

Just kill me now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity