Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 09:15 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times

Advertisements

And it sucks when you have to dig it up.
Clay is lovely... just not in backyards..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 09:56 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
And it sucks when you have to dig it up.
Clay is lovely... just not in backyards..
Or front yards!!

Old 01-17-2011, 10:23 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,271,295 times
The ground is so frozen up here that you'd need a jack hammer just to find any clay! Brrrrrrr!

Old 01-17-2011, 10:53 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
need a jack hammer
Well, I have a jack-hammer I can lone you. It's a 90 pounder though - so the shipping may be a little steep. Plus, a good chiropractor when your done using it. Oh - and the return shipping.

Maybe just hire the work out instead?

What? What do you mean you don't actually WANT the clay???

Then why in the world are you posting about needing a jack-hammer???

Old 01-17-2011, 11:03 PM

823 posts, read 1,400,932 times
Rain here in Vancouver. Rain, Rain, Rain & Rain and lots of mud too - just the boring black kind. January sucks! Its such a gloomy month and hard to keep my New Years resolution to lose 10 lbs.... but I have to no matter what.

Its nice to see lots of new posts here since we removed this from the sticky note.

I am praying to have more time to post in other threads too - things have been a bit busy for me with work and with my youngest boy home. Although he leaves again in a week we are already getting sad about it but I shall be stronger this time around

Old 01-18-2011, 08:15 AM

Well I'm going today to look for "doggie" boots, the cat doesn't need boots because he doesn't need to go outside he just runs out sometimes while I'm trying to get the dog back in the house. And I'm putting down large rugs everywhere so my carpet won't continue to be ruined. But come springtime there's going to be grass in this yard!! Ugh!

And SisterKat I'm right there with you about losing weight, except I need to lose about 80 lbs!!! But I'm gonna do it this year dagnabbit, for my health and well being.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:52 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,009,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Well I'm going today to look for "doggie" boots, the cat doesn't need boots because he doesn't need to go outside he just runs out sometimes while I'm trying to get the dog back in the house. And I'm putting down large rugs everywhere so my carpet won't continue to be ruined. But come springtime there's going to be grass in this yard!! Ugh!

And SisterKat I'm right there with you about losing weight, except I need to lose about 80 lbs!!! But I'm gonna do it this year dagnabbit, for my health and well being.
you can do it. i don't like to recommend the akins diet but it is certainly an excellent catalyst. if you practice it for awile you will always be carb conscious.
sometimes we are just not active enough to burn off the excess calories we are collecting in.
i worked with a lady once who admitted she had no idea she was consuming
5000+ calories a day until an astute physician told her so.
so how many calories do you need per day to do what you do? start a food journal...i hated that part because i had to take a look at how/ what i was really eating and drinking everyday. i did not want to look at that list an i was certainly not going to let anyone else see it either. that list was a
requirement for my health and fitness class. that list was personal and besides i think the instructor would have lost some respect for me if i had generated the real list and handed it in...he was the picture of healthy living very svelte and was a no nonsense type of guy. his favorite way of life was the mediterranean diet. this is a good diet and very healty.
micheal phelps gets to have 10,000+ calories while training and competing.
sometimes you may be surprised that you may only need 800, 1200, 1800 or max 2000 ADA calories or so to sustain you. everyday won't be perfectly balanced and that's not a goal i seek to obtain anyway. lastly i heard a physcian once say to avoid all white foods while dieting...it worked for him.
overall one should'nt just look for a diet but a life-style change in relation to food. you can have what ever you want in moderation and according to your life style. try not to deny yourself. acknowledge your cravings... have a piece of (dark) chocolate, ice-cream, slice pie or cake. sometimes our bodies crave certain satieties address those bodily request and move on.
you don't have to waste any money on weight-watchers...just get a diabetic cook book and if you must weigh in and want to report it everyweek here we are.
hope i said something here that's encouraging because i sure do'nt want to be discouraging.
don't for get to stretch everday. Dr Rochetes said flexibility is someting we can continue to enhance until death
and don't forget to deep breath several times throughout the day... take in a breath hold it, now take in more, hold it can you take in one more? open up those little avioli sacs so that they may have the most surface area available for o2/co2 transferrences.

blab, blab, blab that's what i do.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:08 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,271,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Well, I have a jack-hammer I can lone you. It's a 90 pounder though - so the shipping may be a little steep. Plus, a good chiropractor when your done using it. Oh - and the return shipping.
Hey, given what we've got out there right now, June's thinking she just might take you up on the jack hammer, despite it's weight and shipping costs! We have a good amount of the heavy, wet snow out there, along with freezing rain. Translation: when the temperatures drop, that means that everything (roads, etc) are going to freeze into sheets of ice.

June doesn't have ice skates, so this may pose a bit of a problem. As well, she just got in from shovelling her driveway, and all she can say is "What a workout!" --No need to join a gym. Nope. June figures she just burnt off a ton of calories, so if this sloppy snow keeps up for the rest of the winter, she should be as svelt as can be come spring! (But what a price to pay!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Rain here in Vancouver. Rain, Rain, Rain & Rain and lots of mud too - just the boring black kind. January sucks!
SisterKat: Don't take this the wrong way (because June's sympathies ARE with you) but June is sitting here thinking "Rain. Give me rain any day over this slop that is outside here in June's neck of the woods!" --June hears ya, though, as regards this time of year! January and February (and even into March) over here just suck, as well. We don't really start to see decent, spring type weather until mid to late April! But think of it this way: you don't have to shovel rain! (But like she said, her sympathies are with you due to the drabness of ongoing, endless dark rain and mud!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Well I'm going today to look for "doggie" boots
Ilene: June has but one word for ya in the event you can't find any doggie boots: Knit. Just start knitting your brains out, and before you know it, *voila!* Little boots for the little guy, and in any color(s) that you want!

Old 01-18-2011, 03:35 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Rain here in Vancouver. Rain, Rain, Rain & Rain and lots of mud too - just the boring black kind. January sucks! Its such a gloomy month and hard to keep my New Years resolution to lose 10 lbs.... but I have to no matter what.

Its nice to see lots of new posts here since we removed this from the sticky note.

I am praying to have more time to post in other threads too - things have been a bit busy for me with work and with my youngest boy home. Although he leaves again in a week we are already getting sad about it but I shall be stronger this time around
You're not alone Kat...it's been raining hard and frost in one place destroying crops where I'm at as well...crazy weather globally I tell ya!

btw - my granddaughter is going gaga over your handsome son......and bragged that she has an inside tip about a Canadian band her mom's (grandma) c-d friend's son has, enigmatically...much to the envy of her friends... Typical teens () I hope you don't mind.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
you can do it. i don't like to recommend the akins diet but it is certainly an excellent catalyst. if you practice it for awile you will always be carb conscious.
sometimes we are just not active enough to burn off the excess calories we are collecting in.
i worked with a lady once who admitted she had no idea she was consuming
5000+ calories a day until an astute physician told her so.
so how many calories do you need per day to do what you do? start a food journal...i hated that part because i had to take a look at how/ what i was really eating and drinking everyday. i did not want to look at that list an i was certainly not going to let anyone else see it either. that list was a
requirement for my health and fitness class. that list was personal and besides i think the instructor would have lost some respect for me if i had generated the real list and handed it in...he was the picture of healthy living very svelte and was a no nonsense type of guy. his favorite way of life was the mediterranean diet. this is a good diet and very healty.
micheal phelps gets to have 10,000+ calories while training and competing.
sometimes you may be surprised that you may only need 800, 1200, 1800 or max 2000 ADA calories or so to sustain you. everyday won't be perfectly balanced and that's not a goal i seek to obtain anyway. lastly i heard a physcian once say to avoid all white foods while dieting...it worked for him.
overall one should'nt just look for a diet but a life-style change in relation to food. you can have what ever you want in moderation and according to your life style. try not to deny yourself. acknowledge your cravings... have a piece of (dark) chocolate, ice-cream, slice pie or cake. sometimes our bodies crave certain satieties address those bodily request and move on.
you don't have to waste any money on weight-watchers...just get a diabetic cook book and if you must weigh in and want to report it everyweek here we are.
hope i said something here that's encouraging because i sure do'nt want to be discouraging.
don't for get to stretch everday. Dr Rochetes said flexibility is someting we can continue to enhance until death
and don't forget to deep breath several times throughout the day... take in a breath hold it, now take in more, hold it can you take in one more? open up those little avioli sacs so that they may have the most surface area available for o2/co2 transferrences.

blab, blab, blab that's what i do.
Ha ha ha, LOL Gabfest!! You cracked me up! I think I have tried every diet out there at some point, but weight watchers is what worked for me the last time....I lost 66 lbs. I refuse to go to meetings and pay for it again so I'm right there with you with that. I weigh once a week and my diet is not a good one....I just don't eat but once a day. And it's very low in calories when I do eat. I know, I know, my body thinks I'm starving it and it's going to store fat. Whatever, the weight is coming off the way I'm doing it so I'm going to keep doing it.

I have a goal, and I'm going to meet that goal by August because I have a 30 year reunion to go to. I was walking and I'm going to start it again tomorrow but I wasn't able to walk for a couple of weeks because of the ice and snow. I have another secret that I won't share here but it helps curb my appetite. Sorry, that's one just for me!!

I'll try the deep breathing you suggested, can't hurt that's for sure! And I'll look into Adkins....but I don't think that's the diet for me. I definitely need more CO2.....I have sleep apnea and I think my brain is short circuiting from lack of oxygen!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity