Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 03:42 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times

Advertisements

Wow, our weather is going to be getting better and better this coming week, by the time next Friday rolls around it's supposed to be 69 degrees!! Hopefully I'll survive Wednesday to see Friday!! I hope the weather stays that way up until Spring, not real big on the ice storms and bad weather. So glad everyone is digging out from the snow up North!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 04:51 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
So glad everyone is digging out from the snow up North!!
There is nothing more refreshing and exuberant than driving on dry roads with dry pavement! June darn near thought she was in heaven when the snow began to melt enough that we now have dry pavement, snow-free roads!!!!

Yeehah!

Old 02-12-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
There is nothing more refreshing and exuberant than driving on dry roads with dry pavement! June darn near thought she was in heaven when the snow began to melt enough that we now have dry pavement, snow-free roads!!!!

Yeehah!
I know!! I was so scared when I went out on the icy roads.....I was slipping and sliding all over the place and I thought I was going to have a stroke! When I finally made it back home I swore I was not going back out until the roads were completely clear and I didn't.....it was probably 4 days later before I tried it again. Thank goodness I had bread and milk!!

Old 02-12-2011, 06:38 PM

Folks,for the past EIGHT months, this thread has been somewhere that Christians, atheists, or anyone of any religious persuasion have been able to come and post what they want. If there are those who do not wish to participate, then they don't have to. This "mod cut" is due to the number of contentious posts that have needed to be deleted.

This thread was initially put up as a STICKY prior to the new Sticky being put up. That says something. And yes, it's okay for members to have a thread on this forum that they can come to in order to post non-debatable, non-contentious topics, or whatever topics they so choose. Anyone who has a problem with this is more than welcome to DM either of the moderators.

While I realize that Miss Blue was the one to start this thread eight months ago, I trust that she will not mind that I intervened here in order to clarify the purpose and validity of this thread. It's certainly not hurting anyone, and brings to it a sense of friendship and solidarity to those who post here.

~June

Old 02-12-2011, 06:41 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Power naps and naps in general just are not my thing, but boy I needed THAT one
Must be getting old, because I usually would never sleep during the day (or evening)

Old 02-12-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Power naps
Does this mean that "power walking" is next up in your future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue
Must be getting old, because I usually would never sleep during the day (or evening)
Remember that 'pledge' we all took prior to taking on this gig: A mod never sleeps, Ma...A mod never sleeps!

Old 02-12-2011, 07:04 PM

Well Miss Blue, naps ARE my thing and I didn't get one today.....oh no!!! Ever since I was a child I've needed lots of sleep; 9 or 10 hours at night and a nap during the day. I wish I didn't need all this sleep, I'd like to be like Martha Stewart and only sleep 4 hours!!

Old 02-12-2011, 07:11 PM

June,most power walking I have done since the remodeling began has been from my desk to the refrigerator, to the coffee pot to Michaels room and back to the desk

"Da pledge, Da pledge".....I forgot da pledge..

Old 02-12-2011, 07:13 PM

Ilene, are you feeling any better about the heart cath on Wednesday?

Old 02-12-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
....naps ARE my thing and I didn't get one today.
Uh oh! Could be trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
June,most power walking I have done since the remodeling began has been from my desk to the refrigerator...
Hey, don't feel bad: June's idea of a "power walk" is to brisky walk from her warm house out to the car. Yup. That's about the extent of June's excersize! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue
"Da pledge, Da pledge".....I forgot da pledge..
Oh, da shame, da shame!....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity