Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 06:30 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham It Up! View Post
Believe it or not! My wife and I bottle fed a baby possum. I guess it's mother and our cat got into a fight and it fell off. I found it hiding in a wood pile with the cat circling it. I carried it around in my shirt pocket for a while. Then it would ride on your head. It's strange to have a possum think your it's mother.

I have several crazy animal stories, so I definitely believe you..lol.
That's sweet that you guys helped out the little fella.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 03:39 AM

811 posts, read 809,789 times
Oops

Old 01-16-2013, 04:34 AM

342 posts, read 407,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I have several crazy animal stories, so I definitely believe you..lol.
That's sweet that you guys helped out the little fella.
We currently have a cat that's a few years old that I found where it's mother had lost it. Still had it's eyes closed. Bottle fed her. She really thinks she is human and rules the house.

We take in almost anything. Even Foster kid's for a while. Have someone else's child who we have custody of now. She's been with us for almost 4 years.

I have picked up hitchhikers and drove them a hundred miles to help them get where they were going. I guess it's something I was raised to do. Help anybody or anything I see who needs help.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:19 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
Ham, thanks so much for sharing a little about you. In forums such as these it helps so much in the debates if we know just a little about the personality we are interacting with.

It could be a dangerous thing to pick up a hitchhiker now days for some folks, but I have done it only a time or two because I just got that strong feeling they really need a ride.
It takes a very special sort of love to be a foster parent and I have so much respect for those who are able to care for the children who need a wholesome homelife so badly.

Your animal rescue stories remind me of the time me and my small children witnessed a beer truck hit a small dog and kept on going even though he could have stopped since it was out of town and traffic. The kids were terrorized and I went to the dog put him in the car and we took him to the vet. The dog had to have a hind leg amputated. We kept the dog until he died a few years later. The oldest child named him "Hudepohl"after the name of the beer the truck was carrying..

Old 01-16-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Ham, thanks so much for sharing a little about you. In forums such as these it helps so much in the debates if we know just a little about the personality we are interacting with.

It could be a dangerous thing to pick up a hitchhiker now days for some folks, but I have done it only a time or two because I just got that strong feeling they really need a ride.
It takes a very special sort of love to be a foster parent and I have so much respect for those who are able to care for the children who need a wholesome homelife so badly.

Your animal rescue stories remind me of the time me and my small children witnessed a beer truck hit a small dog and kept on going even though he could have stopped since it was out of town and traffic. The kids were terrorized and I went to the dog put him in the car and we took him to the vet. The dog had to have a hind leg amputated. We kept the dog until he died a few years later. The oldest child named him "Hudepohl"after the name of the beer the truck was carrying..
Why thank you Miss Blue. My dog hit and run story did not end as well as yours did. I got the dog out of the middle of the street in traffic (got bit a few times) could not find out who owned it and took it to the vet. It's back was broken and they had to put it to sleep. Later the owner heard we had looked for them and stopped by our house. I told her what had happened and what we did. A few day's later one of her children brought us a thank you card with the dog's picture on it. One of those things you keep.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:03 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Did anyone else like today's Inaugural poem read by Richard Blanco? I thought it was very moving, particularly read aloud.

'One Today': Richard Blanco Poem Read at Barack Obama Inauguration - ABC News

Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Did anyone else like today's Inaugural poem read by Richard Blanco? I thought it was very moving, particularly read aloud.

'One Today': Richard Blanco Poem Read at Barack Obama Inauguration - ABC News
OH no! I have not seen any of that stuff. I get mad and ill when I even hear about it. I am so sad over this.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham It Up! View Post
OH no! I have not seen any of that stuff. I get mad and ill when I even hear about it. I am so sad over this.

187 Stressed By Obama

Old 01-22-2013, 08:02 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
His poem was very touching. He has been through a lot simply because he is thought of as "different" by so many. His poem inspires a lot of thought about "are we so different?" When I get time I am going to read his other poetry.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
His poem was very touching. He has been through a lot simply because he is thought of as "different" by so many. His poem inspires a lot of thought about "are we so different?" When I get time I am going to read his other poetry.
Thanks, Miss Blue. I had not heard of him before yesterday, but then I heard him read the poem on NPR and it was very moving to me. I'm sure the task of writing an Inaugural poem without sounding like you are just quoting platitudes was a difficult task. I am also going to check out his other poetry. I do LOVE good poetry, after all. The part about the children being marked absent forever certainly made me weep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity