Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 08:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Thank you for sharing your son's story...and how the outcome strengthened your faith.

I lost one of my boys

post from a different thread:
Me ,too, along with a wife; and I have a daughter with TBI.
Raised three daughters, mostly as a single-father.

They had a T-shirt made for me one Mother's Day, that said:

"MR. MOM and DAD"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 09:00 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Me ,too, along with a wife; and I have a daughter with TBI.
Raised three daughters, mostly as a single-father.

They had a T-shirt made for me one Mother's Day, that said:

"MR. MOM and DAD"
I remember you sharing your story about your wife.
So sorry about your daughter's TBI! Does this mean, traumatic brain injury...if so how and when did this happen? If you find this question too sensitive for discussion...you don't have to answer.

You are such good man Jerwade...mean it! You need a cape with "MR. MOM and DAD" printed on it simply because you are a super multi-tasking dad!

Old 03-16-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
So sorry about your daughter's TBI! Does this mean, traumatic brain injury...
... yes.

And looking at things in the here and now, they are wonderful girls (i.e., young ladies).

Old 03-16-2014, 10:38 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,527,583 times
Quote:
Thank you for sharing your son's story...and how the outcome strengthened your faith.

I lost one of my boys:

post from a different thread:
Thank you, too. God Bless.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:42 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
I have always noticed when posters know a little about the other person that the debates among them become a little less heated simply because we have been invited to have a glimpse beyond the monitor into their life.

Thank you for sharing what you did Jerwade, Ans, and others who have shared. I remember little personal things posters say here and there over the years they post here and it makes me a little more respectful and tolerant of our differences.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:58 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
Happy St Patty's day everyone!!

This day is a very special day for my huge maternal side Irish clan. My gramma was born a couple days after her parents, aunts and uncles disembarked from ther boat carrying them from their Irish family and friends to seek a better life. I was raised listening to the Irish brogues of the aunts and uncles and the Irish lullabys and traditional songs my mother sang to us at bed time and anytime she was doing dishes or working around the house.

An Irish Prayer

May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.

For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:05 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
It's a special day for us too Miss Blue. My family's roots are deep in the soil of Ulster. We (only semi-) jokingly refer to St. Patrick's Day as a Holy Day of Obligation.

Slainte!

Old 03-17-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Al View Post
I thought the same thing...then my youngest son was diagnosed with schizophrenia at age 16...our world changed over night it seemed...He's now 18, on the right meds, driving his own car, and graduated from HS. He's been a testament of the power of prayer, God's mercy and love...our world changed...for the better.
Patience is a virtue, but it's not always an easy road to travel.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I have always noticed when posters know a little about the other person that the debates among them become a little less heated simply because we have been invited to have a glimpse beyond the monitor into their life.

Thank you for sharing what you did Jerwade, Ans, and others who have shared. I remember little personal things posters say here and there over the years they post here and it makes me a little more respectful and tolerant of our differences.
Insightful, as always.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:38 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Happy St Patty's day everyone!!

This day is a very special day for my huge maternal side Irish clan. My gramma was born a couple days after her parents, aunts and uncles disembarked from ther boat carrying them from their Irish family and friends to seek a better life. I was raised listening to the Irish brogues of the aunts and uncles and the Irish lullabys and traditional songs my mother sang to us at bed time and anytime she was doing dishes or working around the house.

An Irish Prayer

May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.

For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.
Back at ya Miss Blue and everyone a...

"HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY !!!"

This is also a very special day for Hubby and I as it is our aniversary.... 42 yrs, total of 45 yrs together ! I keep telling him its been the luck of the Irish, LOL !

Love your "Irish Prayer" it says a lot Miss Blue.

I'm so thankful for the love of God that has kept are hearts enduring and still blessing us with a love that grows stronger everyday !

Blessings to All ♥!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity