U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-25-2010, 12:52 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,838,708 times
Reputation: 644

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
This is what UR focuses on. And it is a serious and grave error.

DO NOT invoke Mal 3, which has NOTHING to do with post mortem refinement, and neither does 1 Cor 3....so save us the UR jargon.

Have you got any other scriptrues to support this view?


This is actually quite humorous simply because it shows the ideology at work.


Declare to someone that they "can't" use certain scriptures to make their point and then declare a persons point of view is not supported with scripture.

LOL.


Please spare us indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-25-2010, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,434,540 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
This is actually quite humorous simply because it shows the ideology at work.


Declare to someone that they "can't" use certain scriptures to make their point and then declare a persons point of view is not supported with scripture.

LOL.


Please spare us indeed.
Because those very scriptures DO NOT imply your premise.
Simple as that. Would you like an exegesis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,838,708 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Because those very scriptures DO NOT imply your premise.
Simple as that. Would you like an exegesis?

My point stands, people assert that a certain point of view is not scriptural, well of course it isn't if they cannot use certain scriptures because someone objects to their use, what ridiculousness.

Knock off the ideological ploys, they are meaningless. Yoiu can assert whatever exegesis you like and what does that prove?

It only shows why you believe what you believe, it doesn't prove anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,434,540 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post

A - You believe nothing is impossible with God.
B - You believe something is impossible with God - saving all mankind.

A or B? Which is it?
I believe everything is possible with God, however, 1 Tim 2:4 does not support your premise.

Quote:
The people who will reign in His kingdom do not equal all the people who are saved from sin and death. It's not the same thing. .


I don't follow you here. Expand please.

Quote:
Your assumption is that if you don't reign with him you go to hell, and that is not biblical


The scriptures are quite plain. Believe in Christ, sins forgiven.
I reign with Him now, just as John said he was. Biblical.
Those who don't reign with Him and die naturally, never reiginig with Him in their life, go to Hell. Biblical.

Quote:
IMO, you didn't address it because you know UR doesn't teach you can PLEASE God without faith, but you're not the one who made that false statement anyway, so I won't ask you to defend it.
Quote:
DEpending of God's plan for the Christian and Non Christian alike is solely in His hands. Let me put this into perspective for you.

There is a gay man, who rejected Christ, and will do so until he dies. He becomes very wealthy. He is a humanist and evolutionist. He has a heart for the hungry and needy. He gives lots of money to some world fund, who gives their money, which came from him, to another fund that helps feed Sudanese children. Scriptures are taught in the school he helped fund. Out of that school many children are saved and spread the gospel to others, saving hundreds, thousands if not millions more by their work. That gay man goes to Hell. His purpose is complete with the gay man.

Get it? God's plan is so grandiose, YOU MUST see the whole picture.
2/3 of the human popuplation will suffer the second death, but out of that 2/3, more will be saved and continue God's work and purposes for mankind.


Quote:
Can you scripturally dismantle this?
Quote:

1 Timothy 3-6:

3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
.
Who wants - thelo all men to be saved you mean...this has nothing to do with Divine will as I have pointed out hundreds of times. All it takes is a little reading of the scriptures prior to and after these verses to see this.
All it takes is simply comparing these words with other areas of the scriptures and we see, this has nothing to do with what you present. Nothing at all. All Paul is doing here is exhorting what God wants via the work of Christ, not what He will do. He is saying that because of Christ and His work, that there is a possibilty for mankind to come to the knowledge of the truth, and be saved regardless of the barriers that once held the truth captive by the Apostate Jewish system.
That through the work of Christ, because God desires man to be saved, that he can obtain salvation, regardless of social status and ethnic distinctions.

1 Tim. 2:4, 2 Pet. 3:9, and Universalism | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Many more links on the net carefully dismantling this eisegetical view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 01:11 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,434,540 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
it doesn't prove anything.
It proves UR is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 01:14 PM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,615,939 times
Reputation: 688
sciotamicks, do you think God would wants to save everyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 01:27 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,771,226 times
Reputation: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
My point stands, people assert that a certain point of view is not scriptural, well of course it isn't if they cannot use certain scriptures because someone objects to their use, what ridiculousness.

Knock off the ideological ploys, they are meaningless. Yoiu can assert whatever exegesis you like and what does that prove?

It only shows why you believe what you believe, it doesn't prove anything.
That's right. And, can you imagine standing before God one day, and Him saying, "Well done my good and faithful servant. Your exegesis was excellent." I don't think so! I think He will be more concerned with if we truly knew and loved Him, and if we loved others. People talk so much about believing IN Him. What about what we believe ABOUT Him? Remember Jesus' question, "Who do you say that I am?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 01:32 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,838,708 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
It proves UR is wrong.

You have already shown that your personal position says that a UR advocate must be prevented from using certain scriptures to make their point, showing the fallacy of your position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 01:39 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,838,708 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
That's right. And, can you imagine standing before God one day, and Him saying, "Well done my good and faithful servant. Your exegesis was excellent." I don't think so! I think He will be more concerned with if we truly knew and loved Him, and if we loved others. People talk so much about believing IN Him. What about what we believe ABOUT Him? Remember Jesus' question, "Who do you say that I am?"

Yeah, God says "My good and faithful servant, you prevented those other folks from using certain scriptures, good thing because really, that was a close one, if they had used them, they might of been here too, well done."

uh huh....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,434,540 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
sciotamicks, do you think God would wants to save everyone?
A rhetorical question.....Doesn't matter what I think...what the scriptures think...that is what matters.
God says an increase and election, meaning not all. Stick to the text legoman, and spare us your emotional plight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top