U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-25-2010, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,435,203 times
Reputation: 420

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yeah, God says "My good and faithful servant, you prevented those other folks from using certain scriptures, good thing because really, that was a close one, if they had used them, they might of been here too, well done."

uh huh....
Perfect example of a UR teaching and sarcasms......why don't you enter the real verse in there? It would help you better understand the neccessity of believing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-25-2010, 01:59 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,771,428 times
Reputation: 264
My responses in red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I believe everything is possible with God, however, 1 Tim 2:4 does not support your premise.

Good! Now, why not meditate on that?

I don't follow you here. Expand please.

I don't have time, but I'll just say that all those Calvinists' misunderstandings could be easily understood if people weren't so holier-than-thou and self-indulged. The people who Calvinists think are the only ones rescued from the (fictional) hell, or the "elect," are the ones who will reign with God for an age. The people who Calvinists think will go to the (fictional) hell, are the ones who will not be allowed to reign with Him during that age. It's the Calvinists' TULIP without the malicious "L" of limited atonement. The idea that Christ only died for a few is total HERESY!


The scriptures are quite plain. Believe in Christ, sins forgiven.
I reign with Him now, just as John said he was. Biblical.
Those who don't reign with Him and die naturally, never reiginig with Him in their life, go to Hell. Biblical.

Do all Calvinists believe they are the chosen? I've never met one that thinks they're not.


DEpending of God's plan for the Christian and Non Christian alike is solely in His hands. Let me put this into perspective for you.

That's right. It's not up to you to decide, thank God.

There is a gay man, who rejected Christ, and will do so until he dies. He becomes very wealthy. He is a humanist and evolutionist. He has a heart for the hungry and needy. He gives lots of money to some world fund, who gives their money, which came from him, to another fund that helps feed Sudanese children. Scriptures are taught in the school he helped fund. Out of that school many children are saved and spread the gospel to others, saving hundreds, thousands if not millions more by their work. That gay man goes to Hell. His purpose is complete with the gay man.

Get it? God's plan is so grandiose, YOU MUST see the whole picture.
2/3 of the human popuplation will suffer the second death, but out of that 2/3, more will be saved and continue God's work and purposes for mankind.

Ridiculous!


Who wants - thelo all men to be saved you mean...this has nothing to do with Divine will as I have pointed out hundreds of times. All it takes is a little reading of the scriptures prior to and after these verses to see this.
All it takes is simply comparing these words with other areas of the scriptures and we see, this has nothing to do with what you present. Nothing at all. All Paul is doing here is exhorting what God wants via the work of Christ, not what He will do. He is saying that because of Christ and His work, that there is a possibilty for mankind to come to the knowledge of the truth, and be saved regardless of the barriers that once held the truth captive by the Apostate Jewish system.
That through the work of Christ, because God desires man to be saved, that he can obtain salvation, regardless of social status and ethnic distinctions.

1 Tim. 2:4, 2 Pet. 3:9, and Universalism | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Many more links on the net carefully dismantling this eisegetical view.

As we agree, nothing is impossible with God, and certainly not something that HE wants!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 02:06 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,839,263 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Perfect example of sarcasms
Big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,435,203 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Big deal.
You really have nothing to say about anything...you are wasting my time.
Carry on.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 02:10 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,771,428 times
Reputation: 264
My responses in red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Symbolic of what? I want Biblcal sources.
God - "For our God is a consuming fire," "all will be salted with fire," "He came to baptize with water and with fire," among other verses, like the ones that talk about wood, hay and stubble being burnt away, while the gold and precious jewels remain. Do a search for all the fire verses. They represent God.

What about the gnashing of teeth...or the burning flame in Daniel, the worm never dies....or the soul of a sinner dies? Are these all symbolic?

Yes.

This is complete crazy talk. The Lake of Fire and Brimstone is a real place, it is where the Devil goes, and the false prophet, or are these subject to "correction" as well?

I've never said the devil is corrected, but he is thrown into the lake of fire, so who knows? I guess in the devil's case, I don't really care what happens to him, much like some people (who have admitted it on this forum) don't really care what happens to unbelievers.

LOL This is where UR steps out from the scriptures. It imposes Pagan Greco-philosophy onto what is purely covenantal.

Do you plan to worship a baby sheep? If not, why do you think the Lamb is symbolic and not the lake of fire?
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 02:11 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,839,263 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You really have nothing to say about anything...you are wasting my time.
Carry on.....

I cannot waste your time, that is an issue for you to resolve on your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,435,203 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
My responses in red.

I believe everything is possible with God, however, 1 Tim 2:4 does not support your premise.

Good! Now, why not meditate on that?
You assume too much. This is what I am talking about.....you are meditating on something that does not exist in the scriptures. Sorry, I won't entertain that for one minute.

Quote:
I don't have time, but I'll just say that all those Calvinists' misunderstandings could be easily understood if people weren't so holier-than-thou and self-indulged. The people who Calvinists think are the only ones rescued from the (fictional) hell, or the "elect," are the ones who will reign with God for an age. The people who Calvinists think will go to the (fictional) hell, are the ones who will not be allowed to reign with Him during that age. It's the Calvinists' TULIP without the malicious "L" of limited atonement. The idea that Christ only died for a few is total HERESY!
Quote:
You are so misguided about Calvinism. Christ died for all, but all will not be saved...what you propose is heresy. Plainly, confess, your sins are forgiven 1 John 1:9 Get it?

Quote:
Do all Calvinists believe they are the chosen? I've never met one that thinks they're not.


Being chosen means believing in Christ, whether Calvinist, Armenian Etc.

Quote:
There is a gay man, who rejected Christ, and will do so until he dies. He becomes very wealthy. He is a humanist and evolutionist. He has a heart for the hungry and needy. He gives lots of money to some world fund, who gives their money, which came from him, to another fund that helps feed Sudanese children. Scriptures are taught in the school he helped fund. Out of that school many children are saved and spread the gospel to others, saving hundreds, thousands if not millions more by their work. That gay man goes to Hell. His purpose is complete with the gay man.
Quote:

Get it? God's plan is so grandiose, YOU MUST see the whole picture.
2/3 of the human popuplation will suffer the second death, but out of that 2/3, more will be saved and continue God's work and purposes for mankind.

Ridiculous!
How so...something you can't wrap your mind around.....think Saul.
Think Judas....think Nero, any one else?

Purpose purpose purpose.

Your answer precisely reveals what a UR'er cannot comprehend, therefore makes up their own rules because of their lack of faith in God, His Divine purposes for the believer and the unbeliever.

God Thelo the Jews to be under His wing, however, they chose not to.

Next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,435,203 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I cannot waste your time, that is an issue for you to resolve on your own.
You waste everyone's time, because none of what you say is first, Biblical, and second, is always rude and profane.

Your fruit is evident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 02:26 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,771,428 times
Reputation: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You assume too much. This is what I am talking about.....you are meditating on something that does not exist inb the scriptures. Sorry, I won't entertain that for one minute.

You should read my posts again. I was referring to meditating on the scripture that says, "Nothing is impossible with God." Is that what you meant that you wouldn't entertain for one minute? If not, you misunderstood what I meant.

You say you believe it out of one side of your mouth, and deny that God can save all mankind out of the other side. Why not meditate on this and seek an answer from God as to what that scripture means. Is it true, or is it a lie that nothing is impossible with God? That's your dilemma.

You are so misguided about Calvinism. Christ died for all, but all will not be saved...what you propose is heresy. Plainly, confess, your sins are forgiven 1 John 1:9 Get it?
What Calvinism says is heresy - that Christ's atonement was only for the purpose of saving the "elect."

T - total depravity. This doesn't mean people are as bad as they can be. It means that sin is in every part of one's being, including the mind and will, so that a man cannot save himself.
U - unconditional election. God chooses to save people unconditionally; that is, they are not chosen on the basis of their own merit.
L - limited atonement. The sacrifice of Christ on the cross was for the purpose of saving the elect.
I - irresistible grace. When God has chosen to save someone, He will.
P - perseverence of the saints. Those people God chooses cannot lose their salvation; they will continue to believe. If they fall away, it will be only for a time.



Being chosen means believing in Christ, whether Calvinist, Armenian Etc.

Yeah, right.


How so...something you can't wrap your mind around.....think Saul.
Think Judas....think Nero, any one else?

Purpose purpose purpose.

Like the potter and the clay. Another perfect example of being refined by fire. The potter shapes the clay into it's form and fires it to make it useful.

Your answer precisely reveals what a UR'er cannot comprehend, therefore makes up their own rules because of their lack of faith in God.

Right back at 'cha.

God Thelo the Jews to be under His wing, however, they chose not to.

"All Isreal will be saved." Do you believe that verse or think it's a lie?

Next?
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 02:28 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,839,263 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You waste everyone's time, because none of what you say is first, Biblical, and second, is always rude and profane.

Your fruit is evident.
And here you keep replying knowing I couldn't care less what you think of me.

YOU are the one wasting your own time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top