U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 02:31 PM

66 posts, read 64,319 times

Advertisements

dont let the devil make u become bitter with eachother.

there is no way to peace peace is the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 02:54 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,622,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
A rhetorical question.....Doesn't matter what I think...what the scriptures think...that is what matters.
God says an increase and election, meaning not all. Stick to the text legoman, and spare us your emotional plight.
Was that a "no" answer? "God says an increase and election, meaning not all". Does that mean "no"?

Why do you never answer this question? I've asked you several times in the past. Never gotten an answer. I want to know what you personally think.

sciotamicks, do you personally think that God wants to save all people?

Old 06-25-2010, 03:01 PM

63,144 posts, read 34,396,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Was that a "no" answer? "God says an increase and election, meaning not all". Does that mean "no"?

Why do you never answer this question? I've asked you several times in the past. Never gotten an answer. I want to know what you personally think.

It is rude to demand.

Yes, God desires that everyone would accept his invitation, but at the same time He knows that not everyone will accept it. He will follow his own rule which dictates that only those who are born again will be saved. If he did not follow His own rule, it would make him a liar, which is impossible.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:10 PM

4,249 posts, read 658,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selinabetrue View Post
dont let the devil make u become bitter with eachother.

there is no way to peace peace is the way.
Amen Selina

Old 06-25-2010, 03:11 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,438,367 times
BHFT,

First of all, I never said I believe God will save all mankind. I said nothing is impossible for God. Implying that is what I meant is an assumption and incorrect.

Calvinism does not propose that Christ saved only the elect, only that the elect are the only ones who will be saved. Calvinsim fully supports the salvific effort of Christ in that it is enough for all mankind.

You are fundamentally wrong about Calvinism.

Quote:
limited atonement. The sacrifice of Christ on the cross was for the purpose of saving the elect.

The above has nothing to do with the nature of that salvation, only that it will be only graced for those that believe in Christ.

Also called "particular redemption" or "definite atonement", the doctrine of limited atonement asserts that Jesus' substitutionary atonement was definite and certain in its design and accomplishment. This implies that only the sins of the elect were atoned for by Jesus' death. Calvinists do not believe, however, that the atonement is limited in its value or power (in other words, God could have elected everyone and used it to atone for them all), but rather that the atonement is limited in the sense that it is designed for some and not all.
Hence, Calvinists hold that the atonement is sufficient for all and efficient for the elect.

You lack much in your understanding of the doctrine.

Quote:
Being chosen means believing in Christ, whether Calvinist, Armenian Etc.

Yeah, right.
I see the truth now with you...you deny confession and belief in Christ to be saved.

Quote:
Like the potter and the clay. Another perfect example of being refined by fire. The potter shapes the clay into it's form and fires it to make it useful
Quote:
Quote:
"All Isreal will be saved." Do you believe that verse or think it's a lie?

They already are. Jew and Gentile is all Israel.
Those who believe in Christ. Next?

Old 06-25-2010, 03:12 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,772,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, God desires that everyone would accept his invitation, but at the same time He knows that not everyone will accept it. He will follow his own rule which dictates that only those who are born again will be saved. If he did not follow His own rule, it would make him a liar, which is impossible.
Finn, this "rule" you speak of is just another word for "law." But, Galatians 2:21 says this: "I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

So, Paul teaches us that there is NO rule that makes us righteous. Christ died to make us righteous, and we had no part in that. "No law" includes "only those who are born again will be saved." Jesus said, "You MUST be born again." He didn't say, "You should choose to be born again." We were all born and didn't have a choice in the matter. We will all be born again and have no choice in the matter.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Legoman,

Why do you persist on what I think? Who cares what I think...I am a savage and depraved in my own sin and emotions. It is not up to me to say what He will do. Yet you think it is up to you and that you are going to put more words into the scriptures to prove your own feeble emotional desires for those lost. I answered your question, because you didn't like it is not my issue, it is yours. The scriptures say there are elect, the scriptures say that the kingdom increases, implying that there are those not in the kingdom. Folks suffer a second death. This is not life, but death ...that means no refinement. That is my answer.

God will not save all mankind, because He never said He would.
He just offered salvation for all mankind. That's is it.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Finn, this "rule" you speak of is just another word for "law." But, Galatians 2:21 says this: "I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"
Christ fulfilled the law, therefore all laws point to Him.

Quote:
We will all be born again and have no choice in the matter.
Scripture?

Old 06-25-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:

Scripture?
"What's born of the flesh is flesh. What's born of the spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I say unto you, you must be born again."

Old 06-25-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
.... to prove your own feeble emotional desires for those lost.
That speaks volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or