U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 07:51 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,772,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
This isn't a game or a joke.
You should lighten up.

Sciotamicks, you claim to be a Calvinist, but say you don't believe that Jesus' sacrifice was only good for some people, so basically you are saying you believe in the TULIP, except for the L of limited atonement, which is exactly what I believe.

TULIP - L=TUIP, which IMO = universal salvation

Maybe TUIP could be the new initials for UR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 PM

5,807 posts, read 4,793,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
A Savior saves.
If I had a megaphone right now, I'd yell into it: AMEN SISTER!

but I don't have a megaphone so I had to settle for all caps.
pls forgive me for yelling, but sometimes the smallest of phrases carries the biggest of meanings.

A Saviour Saves.

peace,
sparrow
(who has very, very high hopes)

Old 06-25-2010, 07:56 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,577,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

pls forgive me for yelling, but sometimes the smallest of phrases carries the biggest of meanings.

A Saviour Saves.

peace,
sparrow

Old 06-25-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Death is abolished in the end, but it is not what you think it is.
I guess we can agree to disagree because I say it's not what you think it is.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

A Saviour Saves.

peace,
sparrow
Yes! It's so simple. If a fireman merely offered to save someone from a burning building, but didn't because they could not or would not acknowledge that they wanted his help, he would be no savior at all.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:35 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,474,139 times
Quote:
I guess we can agree to disagree because I say it's not what you think it is.
This is true.

We shall ALL see on that appointed day.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 PM

4,250 posts, read 659,543 times
Quote:
No and Yes.

They will be judged, and they will not be resurrected.
For resurrection is in this life.....sown and raised.

Accept Christ, you PUT YOUR SIN nature to death/sown, and be raised incorruptible to life with Christ.

If we have sown unto you spiritual things, [is it] a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

"He that plougheth," spiritually, is the first planter of a church in a place. "he that thresheth," the minister who tends a church already planted.

I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, [ye are] God's building.

Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

This [is] my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

All from the KJV
Have made a new thread on unbelieving dead not raised

Old 06-25-2010, 09:03 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,438,367 times
Quote:

Sciotamicks, you claim to be a Calvinist, but say you don't believe that Jesus' sacrifice was only good for some people,
I never said that. Calvinism believes that the atonement was sufficient for all......but lest you forget, I subscribe to two doctrines, Calvinsim and Full Preterism.

UR believes in a future all encompassing reconciliation of mankind. I do not. I believe that mankind has already been reconciled in Christ, for their faith in Him. This takes confession.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I never said that. Calvinism believes that the atonement was sufficient for all......but lest you forget, I subscribe to two doctrines, Calvinsim and Full Preterism.

UR believes in a future all encompassing reconciliation of mankind. I do not. I believe that mankind has already been reconciled in Christ, for their faith in Him. This takes confession.
Again, we agree more than you realize. I also believe that mankind has already been reconciled in Christ, for HIS faithfulness/sacrifice/death/resurrection. He said, "It is finished." So, I believe the reconciliation was on the cross, but the full process has not been carried out as of yet. It will happen in the fullness of time/at the appointed time/each in his own order/etc.

Let's just agree to disagree/almost agree on some things. Peace to you.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:39 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,438,367 times
Quote:

Let's just agree to disagree/almost agree on some things. Peace to you.
Peace in Christ to you as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or