U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 05:42 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,558,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How about you go with your own thoughts, and I go with the Bible. Deal?
Deal.Like I said,some people like being told what to believe instead of using their minds to decide for themselves.Makes life easier I guess. Moderator cut: deleted.

Last edited by june 7th; 06-26-2010 at 06:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 05:50 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,173,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
...So after 30 pages of ongoing, ongoing, ongoing, June has just one ittsy bitsy, simple little question:

Is she going to hell, or not?

I would answer the question this way...after 30 pages .... (never mind the multiple threads) what hasn't been said that would answer the question?

Your choices are quite simple:
    • The time available (time of grace) for salvation...
    1. ends at death or worlds end
    2. is offered beyond death or worlds end

Here is what I would recommend to anyone unsure. If your name is "anyone's" change it NOW !!!

Revelation 20:15
If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:59 PM

63,082 posts, read 34,359,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Deal.Like I said,some people like being told what to believe instead of using their minds to decide for themselves.Makes life easier I guess.Enjoy being a sheeple.
Actually there is nothing easier that making it up to suit your fancy.

You say someone told me. Who was it?

Old 06-26-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Actually there is nothing easier that making it up to suit your fancy.

You say someone told me. Who was it?
No,going against the grain,and the threat that "you're a heretic" is much harder than simply believing what you are told will get you to heaven.Questioning things that don't make sense requires courage;following the party line never does.

As to who told you,you tell me.Or is it your stance that you came up with the born again Christian theology all on your own without ever having heard about it in church,and that when you finally set foot in a church it turns out they believe exactly as you did before you joined?

Old 06-26-2010, 06:16 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,436,179 times
Quote:
So you lack the courage to quote my entire post and then respond?

Oh well,character shown.Carry on!
No...what you said is enough. Why talk about the scriptures with someone who is bent on rejecting it? You are in God's hands now. I have done my part. Nothing else needed. Seed planted....He germinates.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
No...what you said is enough. Why talk about the scriptures with someone who is bent on rejecting it? You are in God's hands now. I have done my part. Nothing else needed. Seed planted....He germinates.
In other words,you prefer not to have to try and respond to the question of God supposedly telling the Israelites to kill infants and take women slaves as sex slaves.

Well,I don't really blame you.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
As to who told you,you tell me.
No, you were telling me, as if you knew, but obviously you don't have a clue.

Your arrogant chest pounding proves that you have failed in your misson to figure out the nature of God on your own.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:47 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,436,179 times
Quote:
In other words,you prefer not to have to try and respond to the question of God supposedly telling the Israelites to kill infants and take women slaves as sex slaves.
Or the destruction of His Holy City, the enlsavement of His very people and the demise of their center of worship?
Or the death of a Sudanese child by a mad raving atheist or Muslim?
Or the heaps of unborn aborted babies?

I accept the omnipotency of God, and His plan and justice is for the good overall, but you, are still dead in your sins. There is a way out you know.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:48 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,771,789 times
Quote:
Thanks for telling me what I believe and for explaining the reason why I believe it. But then again, maybe that is something I know better than you. Thanks for trying anyway.
No problem.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Our Saviour had some very clear cut words for people like him.
Yes. All he managed to do is prove what happens when you replace the word of God by "independent thinking".

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-26-2010 at 07:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or