U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 07:57 PM

13,570 posts, read 21,713,951 times

Advertisements

Request from the mod

Guys, gals, how about cutting out the personal insults and back and forth bickering..
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 08:04 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,557,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, you were telling me, as if you knew, but obviously you don't have a clue.

Your arrogant chest pounding proves that you have failed in your misson to figure out the nature of God on your own.

Arrogant chest pounding?LOL!

You're right in that I don't have a clue as to who specifically taught you what you believe.But are you seriously telling me that you came up with this on your own?Is that question,asked twice now,too much for you?Or do you just hate to admit that you were taught it by someone else?

Old 06-26-2010, 09:05 PM

62,999 posts, read 34,311,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
You're right in that I don't have a clue as to who specifically taught you what you believe.But are you seriously telling me that you came up with this on your own?Is that question,asked twice now,too much for you?Or do you just hate to admit that you were taught it by someone else?
No, I am not saying I came up with it on my own. You are the one claiming you used "independent thinking" to find the truth. No, I read the Bible to find it.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:43 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,557,280 times
Quote:
No, I am not saying I came up with it on my own. You are the one claiming you used "independent thinking" to find the truth. No, I read the Bible to find it.
Exactly my point.Yet you spent the previous posts trying to pretend that I somehow could not know this and demanding that I tell you who it was that I knew taught you,and that I didn't have a clue since I couldn't tell you.LOL.

And yes,when I was taught evangelical Christianity from childhood,Southern Baptist style,and moved away from that to a more adult understanding of Christianity,I did so through independent thinking.It certainly was not accomplished by accepting everything I was taught without questions.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:04 AM

229 posts, read 286,843 times
Quote:
Yes, please make an effort to come up with something even more disparaging than "Eternal Tormentor" to describe born again Christians.
Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade, if the shoe fits wear it

Old 06-27-2010, 04:50 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,718,971 times
Quote:
Yes, please make an effort to come up with something even more disparaging than "Eternal Tormentor" to describe born again Christians. That's what Jesus would want you to do.....NOT.
Even though an ET'er just means someone who believes in eternal torment I guess the "er" at the end does come out as "tormentor" in a way.

Maybe a better term would be "ETB" (Eternal Torment Believer). ?

Old 06-27-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Exactly my point.Yet you spent the previous posts trying to pretend that I somehow could not know this and demanding that I tell you who it was that I knew taught you,and that I didn't have a clue since I couldn't tell you.LOL
No, your point was to claim that someone told me, and when I asked who it was, you had no answer. No surprise, because you couldn't possibly know.

Quit pretending you know something about me, when you obviously don't have the faintest clue.

I am done with you nonesense.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Even though an ET'er just means someone who believes in eternal torment I guess the "er" at the end does come out as "tormentor" in a way.

Maybe a better term would be "ETB" (Eternal Torment Believer). ?
You are to come up with any name you want. Knock yourself out. I don't care.

URs believe in torture, just not eternal. Shall we call you torturer too?

Old 06-27-2010, 05:34 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,770,732 times
Quote:
You are to come up with any name you want. Knock yourself out. I don't care.

URs believe in torture, just not eternal. Shall we call you torturer too?
What do you mean "believe in torture?" If you mean that God tortures, I don't believe that at all.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:37 PM

5,806 posts, read 4,787,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
What do you mean "believe in torture?" If you mean that God tortures, I don't believe that at all.

Neither do I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or