U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 02:18 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,436,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

You need to burn all the books that you have ever read and start with a clean slate and an open heart .
Hitler said something similar to that.......along with many cult leaders throughout history...no thanks...i will stick with what I have and more.
I trust Holy Spirit, and if it wasn't for the other Christian brother or sister that I speak to or read, all of it would be a private interpretation. What you propose is hidden apart from the church, and I can't accept that. Please don't tell me what to do. Just give us your scriptural proof for your view, and let the Holy Spirit in all of us, contend with it. That is what you were told to do, by the Holy Spirit itself. You can throw away or burn His work, but I will not.

Your comment in regards to this speaks volumes of how you approach the most important decision for your entire eternal/temporal being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 02:21 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,722,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Just call me spare-O.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (just us crickets chirping)

Old 06-28-2010, 04:50 AM

63,104 posts, read 34,367,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
What do you mean "believe in torture?" If you mean that God tortures, I don't believe that at all.
URs believe in 'purification in fire' and 'punishment' which they decribe as 'not very pleasant'. But I will let you use Bible quotes to decribe the nature of this punisment.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:03 AM

Quote:
If you are asking will yoiu eternally burn in eternal torment because you have rejected the gospel that as been presented to you , i would say no.
It does not sound like June is rejecting the gospel the way it has been presented to her. How do you know how it was presented to her? She says she is an atheist, which means she does not believe in God, not the Christian God, nor your God.

In other words you did not answer her question, you only declared that she is not going to hell, as if it were for you to say.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:05 AM

32,239 posts, read 21,123,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It does not sound like June is rejecting the gospel the way it has been presented to her. How do you know how it was presented to her? She says she is an atheist, which means she does not believe in God, not the Christian God, nor your God.

In other words you did not answer her question, you only declared that she is not going to hell, as if it were for you to say.
Well the easist thing to do Finn is ask June herself

Old 06-28-2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:
And there was something redeemable in you that discovered this way out , or there was something redeemable in you that was able to choose what Adam could never had done and that was to make the right decision ? .

You need to burn all the books that you have ever read and start with a clean slate and an open heart .
It also speaks volumes how you never answer any question put to you .

No matter how much orthodox christianity says it's by faith alone , it does not believe it at all , its believe and some (these are the books i am telling you to throw out or burn).Orthodox christianity refuses to examine itself to see whether it is true that they believe its believe and some . I for one when i was under the delusion of orthodox christianity believed it was believe and some , even though i did not know it and would have denied it to death, this is how powerful orthodox christianity is.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-28-2010 at 06:19 AM..

Old 06-28-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Well the easist thing to do Finn is ask June herself
You can do that, but she has already said that she is an atheist.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:18 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,266,140 times
Quote:
URs believe in 'purification in fire' and 'punishment' which they decribe as 'not very pleasant'. But I will let you use Bible quotes to decribe the nature of this punisment.
LOL.... and I can't wait to hear or should I say read what the Bible quotes are going to be...

Then there is the reconciliation thingy, you know that God's love is going to reconcile this whole world from sin one day..... yet they can't trust that the love of God can truly give them the way of escape from sin "NOW' so that it shall not master us and just because of that darn nature we're born with you know that keeps opposing His mercy, that God's Holy Spirit just isn't able to give the power to overcome sin right now because their just human and can't help it so their going to keep on sinning anyways....

Yet, God's word tells us that sin shall not have dominion over us and that He does give the way of escape to come out from under the control of that sin and that darn sin nature.....
Oh, yes, let us not forget the reason God sent His only Begotten Son who died for the worlds sin...... seems He sure gets left out of the plan..... a lot !!!

Well, I guess God didn't really mean what He says He will do and has done for us NOW, cause He's planing on savin' them and the whole world anyways one day !!!....

Like I have said many times before if one hangs around long enough and reads the post of this teaching they will really start seeing all the contradictions..... just like Gods going to burn that sin right out of them ......

Old 06-28-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
You can do that, but she has already said that she is an atheist.
I know very well she's an athiest . Did you read her response to me ? , this may give you a little indication of whether what i posted had any bearing on what she was asking.I have never thought that June is rejecting the good news.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
I know very well she's an athiest . Did you read her response to me ? , this may give you a little indication of whether what i posted had any bearing on what she was asking.I have never thought that June is rejecting the good news.
Frankly there is nothing to accept or reject in UR. You tell everyone that they are all going to heaven no matter what, so there nothing to do except shrug and say "all righty then, - if you say so".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or