U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 06:54 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,014,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

Jinn Farber, that doesn't make sense.
Ahahahahahahaha!!!! Rotfl June!!! Sorry, I'm probably the only one who caught this but it cracked me up. I read your whole post and I would also like to know what it is about UR that doesn't make sense to you but I had to point out this probably "unintentional" switching of letters.

Jinn Farber
Finn Jarber
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 06:57 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,839,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Given that the entire purpose of the "Scenario" had nothing whatsoever to do with "proving" anything but was, by contrast, an attempt to formulate June's questions in a more concrete way that might facilitate dialogue in order to clarify matters which, despite tens of thousands of posts, still remain obscure--your posts in response to said "Scenario" were a complete waste of time for all concerned.

Just an off-topic observation: if one wants to evaluate the merits of a belief system by the "fruits" of the believers which adhere to said system, yours isn't looking too credible. Does anyone else detect a pattern here?

Actually you have shown that you are the one wasting your own time, I can post whatever I like within forum rules in whatever manner I like and I really do not care what you think about them.

You make assumptions that are in your head and certainly nothing that I need to be concerned with.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have NEVER heard of anyone going straight from being an unbeliever to being a practising UR. NEVER. There are only those unbelievers who hear the UR message, and then shrug, and say "sounds like I'm good to go to heaven".

I am one that when I was young, without any religious influence towards UR, no internet and raised in hellfire church, rejected the idea of damnation and believed that the being that made it's presence known to me would not do such a thing.

I have never believed eternal damnation was real, I have played along during times of my life because of being afraid of my mother and fathers rejection.

This is based on how I was treated when I would express a disbelief in something a teacher or a pastor at church would say. So I was conditioned to play along rather than being conditioned to seek truth.

Fortunatly I retained what I knew about God and when I no longer was in emotional bondage to people in my life I emerged standing my ground for what I was blessed with when I was young.

Now, I do not know what you think the idea that someone "never" went from an unbeliever to a practicing UR proves, but you are in a position to see your ignorance and now that you have heard of one who has, what does that prove?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:33 AM

63,062 posts, read 34,350,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
INow, I do not know what you think the idea that someone "never" went from an unbeliever to a practicing UR proves, but you are in a position to see your ignorance and now that you have heard of one who has, what does that prove?
My ignorance? Sorry, but did not claim it never happened, I said I never HEARD of anyone like that, so your rude attack is unnecessary. All the other URs have said they were born again believers before converting to UR. Did you accept Christ as you personal saviour after becoming UR, or are relying on being 'born again' after your death?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
My ignorance? Sorry, but did not claim it never happened, I said I never HEARD of anyone like that, so your rude attack is unnecessary. All the other URs have said they were born again believers before converting to UR. Did you accept Christ as you personal saviour after becoming UR, or are relying on being 'born again' after your death?
Being ignorant is just lacking information and I provided you with some.

Now that you have heard of someone, what does it prove either way?

I accepted the love of a being that made it's presence known to me before I could put things into words, or really knew the "religious" terms and phrases that I later would be required to chant.

This being I come to understand in english words as God and Christ and know that it is to the best of my perceptions "LOVE". From my life and experience I have come to love that I find a message from this being relating to me through the bible.

I am not relying on anything other than knowing that God will direct my feet where I need to go. Proverbs 16:9

Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 AM

7,812 posts, read 10,706,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright
Sorry, I'm probably the only one who caught this but it cracked me up....I had to point out this probably "unintentional" switching of letters.

Jinn Farber
Finn Jarber

Ooops!

June hereby posts her official, public apology to Finn Jarber!

To the best of June's knowledge, she is not, nor has she ever been dyslexic, but she sure goofed in her typing last night!

Sorry Finn! Please forgive the mistake...

Old 06-29-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Now that you have heard of someone, what does it prove either way?
Prove what either way?

Quote:
I accepted the love of a being that made it's presence known to me before I could put things into words, or really knew the "religious" terms and phrases that I later would be required to chant. This being I come to understand in english words as God and Christ and know that it is to the best of my perceptions "LOVE". From my life and experience I have come to love that I find a message from this being relating to me through the bible.
The valid answers are:

1. Yes, I have accepted Christ as my personal saviour and I place my faith in Him.

2. God is love and He will save everyone, and I am saved through Him. There is nothing I need to accept.

Is it '1' or '2'.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Ooops!

June hereby posts her official, public apology to Finn Jarber!

To the best of June's knowledge, she is not, nor has she ever been dyslexic, but she sure goofed in her typing last night!

Sorry Finn! Please forgive the mistake...
No need to apologize for honest mistakes. I didn't even see it until Ilene pointed it out.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
The valid answers are:

1. Yes, I have accepted Christ as my personal saviour and I place my faith in Him.

2. God is love and He will save everyone, and I am saved through Him. There is nothing I need to accept.

Is it '1' or '2'.

No finn, you do not decide what any answer for me is valid, that is a fact.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Prove what either way?

You are the one who brought up that you never heard of anyone going from an unbeliever to UR. I suppose that it doesn't mean anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or