U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 07:06 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,627,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
THERE IT IS AGAIN....THE ALL WILL BE REFINED THEOLOGY BTW - For the readers of the forum, this refinement is only APPLICABLE TO THE TRIBE OF LEVI - This is realized in the early Christian church as who Christians are, priests and kings, like those who believe in Christ - We are all of this Tribe - OT type shadow application here.

So why do the saints...have to be saints...and why should the wicked, become saints? For what purpose, if they will be refined anyway?

We are all saved...no need to regenerate...ALL WILL BE REFINED

WE ARE ALL REGENERATED, SO NO NEED FOR THE GOSPEL
All are saved when all are regenerated and refined. Thus the refinement for all and regeneration for all is necessary for the salvation of all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Just out of curiosity,why would Christians remain satisfied in heaven if most of the people ever born are in hell?Would this not offend their sense of compassion and love?
Good question. That is why some believe:

1. you will effectively be "lobotomized" - you won't remember the lost

OR

2. you will derive peace and joy from the endless torment of others

OR

3. God will work it out, none of my concern

Old 06-29-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
I still don't understand why you people are so obsessed with ET since ET is a Christian who will be with you forever in Paradise. Why not try to reach the un-churched?
Here are some reasons as to debate/expose ET as the lie it is, among others:

Because the idea of ET is the worst thing that could happen to someone.
Because the idea of ET causes much strife and pain in this world.
Because the idea of ET is the one of the biggest lies that Satan deceives the world with.
Because the idea of ET is completely counter to the nature of God as described in the scriptures.
Because the idea of ET is not supported by the scriptures if you study the translational issues and take all scripture into account.

ET is untruth - we must seek out the truth.

Sometimes the "churched" needs more help than the "un-churched".

Old 06-29-2010, 07:22 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,878,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Here are some reasons as to debate/expose ET as the lie it is, among others:

Because the idea of ET is the worst thing that could happen to someone.
Because the idea of ET causes much strife and pain in this world.
Because the idea of ET is the one of the biggest lies that Satan deceives the world with.
Because the idea of ET is completely counter to the nature of God as described in the scriptures.
Because the idea of ET is not supported by the scriptures if you study the translational issues and take all scripture into account.

ET is untruth - we must seek out the truth.

Sometimes the "churched" needs more help than the "un-churched".

Your post makes no sense to me. Under your logic.....

Universal Soldier says everyone is going to be happy together in heaven--regardless of strife, pain, deception...

So who even NEEDS the scriptures--let alone caring about what they support? It doesn't matter! Who the heck are you to tell ET (or anyone else) that he must "seek out the truth"? EVERYONE is going to Heaven--whether they "seek out the truth" or not! This includes ET.

You could burn every copy of the Bible (both paper and digital) and everyone would STILL go to heaven!

And as to "help"--why are you talking about help? Who needs HELP for ANTHING? We are all going to Heaven!

So sorry, but I just don't get it.

I think I will stick with the Pope.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:

Your post makes no sense to me. Under your logic.....

Universal Soldier says everyone is going to be happy together in heaven--regardless of strife, pain, deception...

So who even NEEDS the scriptures--let alone caring about what they support? It doesn't matter! Who the heck are you to tell ET (or anyone else) that he must "seek out the truth"? EVERYONE is going to Heaven--whether they "seek out the truth" or not! This includes ET.

You could burn every copy of the Bible (both paper and digital) and everyone would STILL go to heaven!

And as to "help"--why are you talking about help? Who needs HELP for ANTHING? We are all going to Heaven!

So sorry, but I just don't get it.

I think I will stick with the Pope.
Hi DreamingSpires,

Someone has feared all their life that their loved ones are burning in hell forever, and even worries they may go there themselves. You don't think it is worthy to offer them a ray of hope? A ray of hope against the thought of eternal hell?

Perhaps this is what you are not getting. You seem to think that if everyone is saved, nothing matters. But nothing could be further from the truth. There is a process. There is a plan. God's plan. Everything matters, because God has a purpose for everything. It is how we learn, and it is how we will be made into what God wants us to be. God is molding us into His image - we are learning how to LOVE because God is LOVE. We will reap what we sow, and if we continue to sin, we will continue to reap the results of that sin. But there is hope.

Those who truly believe in ET reap what they sow from that belief. ET is a very destructive doctrine that leads to fear, doubt, exclusion, hate, pain, etc. ET is part of the darkness of this world.

The bible says we are to be a light against this darkness.

If you don't see why that matters, maybe think about it a little more.

Peace out...

Old 06-29-2010, 07:59 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,727,441 times
Quote:
I still don't understand why you folks spend so much time battling ET since everyone in your view goes to Heaven. I just can't get my head around it.
It's because a future ethereal 'heaven' is not even the goal in the first place. People are in hell here now and need to be freed from that prison. Religious creeds (perpetrated by both the RCC AND protestants alike) have turned it (Christ's message) into a futuristic "try and be good enough" or "have faith in the right way/doctrine" to obtain a great afterlife.

So AISI the concept of a present kingdom of love is lost (to a great degree) and replaced with traditions and doctrines which mainly perpetuate religious organizations and make the establishing of the real kingdom (which is love, joy and peace in the Spirit of God) a side issue.

Last edited by firstborn888; 06-29-2010 at 09:06 PM..

Old 06-29-2010, 08:09 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,770,235 times
Quote:

This is why I like you. Wish I could give you a rep...

Old 06-29-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Hi DreamingSpires,

Someone has feared all their life that their loved ones are burning in hell forever, and even worries they may go there themselves. You don't think it is worthy to offer them a ray of hope? A ray of hope against the thought of eternal hell?

Perhaps this is what you are not getting. You seem to think that if everyone is saved, nothing matters. But nothing could be further from the truth. There is a process. There is a plan. God's plan. Everything matters, because God has a purpose for everything. It is how we learn, and it is how we will be made into what God wants us to be. God is molding us into His image - we are learning how to LOVE because God is LOVE. We will reap what we sow, and if we continue to sin, we will continue to reap the results of that sin. But there is hope.

Those who truly believe in ET reap what they sow from that belief. ET is a very destructive doctrine that leads to fear, doubt, exclusion, hate, pain, etc. ET is part of the darkness of this world.

The bible says we are to be a light against this darkness.

If you don't see why that matters, maybe think about it a little more.

Peace out...
Actually, that's the same as saying black is white, light is dark, night is day, and up is down.

I don't doubt your sincerity but the logic just is not there. My main question was why does Universal Soldier care so much about ET since everyone is saved? And I still don't understand.

Everything I have read on this thread from Universal Soldier makes no logical sense--the whole argument is just circular, confusing, and highly esoteric at best.

And we KNOW that GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION!!!!

So, in keeping with that thought, I think it's best if I just posit my own hypothesis:

Why Universal Soldier is obsessed 24x7 with ET doesn't have to make logical sense because Universal Soldier himself doesn't make logical sense!

But he (Universal Soldier) can still be a nice person.

Oh my, so thankful am I for the Magesterium.

Blessings

Old 06-29-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
This is why I like you. Wish I could give you a rep...
I like you too.

Were you educated by Jesuits by any chance?

Old 06-29-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
It's because a future ethereal 'heaven' is not even the goal in the first place. People are in hell here now and need to be freed from that prison. Religious creeds (both perpetrated by the RCC AND protestants alike) have turned it (Christ's message) into a futuristic "try and be good enough" or "have faith in the right way/doctrine" to obtain a great afterlife.

So AISI the concept of a present kingdom of love is lost (to a great degree) and replaced with traditions and doctrines which mainly perpetuate religious organizations and make the establishing of the real kingdom (which is love, joy and peace in the Spirit of God) a side issue.

Manicheanism is a creed for which I have no use.

St. Augustine taught me well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or