Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 12:30 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I just explained why there is the necessity to preach and why there needs to be the perseverance of the saints.....God's chosen elect. Isn't your life better with Christ in it? Well that's the other reason we need to preach!!
Many people are martyred for their faith. It would be a lot easier for them to sit back and "enjoy the ride", but they want everyone to hear the truth so they risk their lives and many die to preach the gospel. What do you think about that? Do you believe they died in vain? I mean all are saved, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 12:33 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,119,716 times
Quote:
I just explained why there is the necessity to preach and why there needs to be the perseverance of the saints.....God's chosen elect. Isn't your life better with Christ in it? Well that's the other reason we need to preach!!
Then why don't you go out and preach instead of debating all hours in the day with ET? ET already knows the Gospel and accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

Why are you spending so much time then "preaching to the converted"?

If you believe so much in the gospel, get out to the people who don't know Christ or who have otherwise rejected him, instead of wasting your time talking with ET???

Old 06-29-2010, 12:37 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post

If you believe so much in the gospel, get out to the people who don't know Christ or who have otherwise rejected him, instead of wasting your time talking with ET???
Amen! Let the Holy Spirit decide, as it already has, and will do so again!

Old 06-29-2010, 12:39 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
Then why don't you go out and preach instead of debating all hours in the day with ET? ET already knows the Gospel and accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

Why are you spending so much time then "preaching to the converted"?

Do you think only believers read this forum?

Old 06-29-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I care just as much now as I did as an ETer....nothing about salvation through Jesus Christ has changed and, although you've been told this before, there is a price to be paid for not believing or receiving Christ. UR's do believe that there will be punishment for unbelievers and we don't want anyone to suffer. There is still just as much need to preach the gospel from the UR side as the ET camp thinks they have to do.

The need for the debate is because ET is wrong and fear-based and it draws NO ONE to Christ. Understand? I don't see this unhappiness that you are talking about.....the UR people are filled with joy knowing that God has a plan for EVERYONE and that no one will be lost. You see debating.....and that is not a reflection of how one feels about Christ's sacrifice for everyone and that they are happy people.

The ETer's are guilty of name calling and judgmentalism even more so than UR's imo. You see what you want to see.

Edit to add: I forgot to mention that the debate is from the ET side because they think universalism is heresy. UR's are here simply to enlighten and spread the good news of Christ AND the good news that His work on the cross was for everyone, not just some. The minute a UR speaks up is the minute an ETer is jumping on it like flies on stink.

Universalism IS heresy, Ilene -- and it's MAJOR heresy of the most dangerous kind because it is so seductive. It's already conquered the secular world insofar as people no longer believe there is a hell. The effects of this deception on mankind are apparent all around us. Have you ever visited Auschwitz or Dachau?

Satan disguises himself as an Angel of Light, he is far more clever than you or I. As I recently discussed with Verna on another thread:

When contemplating these matters it is useful to keep in mind ALWAYS that Gnosticism is the central defining element in every major Christian heresy that has reared its head since Christ founded His Church, including the heresy of "Universal Reconciliation"--and that the "reconciliation of opposites," the so called "Great Work"--is the central doctrine that ties together all occult teachings.

Yes my friend, scripture is very clear: there will be NO marriage between the sheep and the goats on the Day of the Lord--or at any time after!
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. - Rev 22:11

Old 06-29-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Do you think only believers read this forum?
There are a few non-believers who read this forum, as far as I can see, but they read it not to learn but to laugh at Christians, with one or two exceptions. I suspect the non-Christian readership is pretty small.

Even so, why would you be trying to reach non-Christians here? It's like dropping leaflets written in French into the middle of the Swedish countryside in the event a French tourist is happening through. Why not drop those leaflets in the middle of Toulouse or Paris?

I just don't get it.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:52 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Why did you defend something you didn't believe in? This makes no sense at all to me.
Boy you people really don't read/listen, do you? It was how I was taught and there are many here besides myself who question it but are still defending it. All I can say is LISTEN to that tugging and questioning spirit because it's trying to tell you something!! That ET is a lie!

Old 06-29-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Universalism IS heresy, Ilene -- and it's MAJOR heresy of the most dangerous kind because it is so seductive. It's already conquered the secular world insofar as people no longer believe there is a hell. The effects of this deception on mankind are apparent all around us. Have you ever visited Auschwitz or Dachau?

Satan disguises himself as an Angel of Light, he is far more clever than you or I. As I recently discussed with Verna on another thread:

When contemplating these matters it is useful to keep in mind ALWAYS that Gnosticism is the central defining element in every major Christian heresy that has reared its head since Christ founded His Church, including the heresy of "Universal Reconciliation"--and that the "reconciliation of opposites," the so called "Great Work"--is the central doctrine that ties together all occult teachings.

Yes my friend, scripture is very clear: there will be NO marriage between the sheep and the goats on the Day of the Lord--or at any time after!
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. - Rev 22:11
You come here and complain about the debating yet you keep perpetuating it. That's what I was saying before.......ET perpetuates the debate, not the UR's. Universalism is most definitely NOT heresy, and you should stop saying that about God's plan. I imagine He's not taking too kindly to that.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:58 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,623 times
Quote:
Boy you people really don't read/listen, do you? It was how I was taught and there are many here besides myself who question it but are still defending it. All I can say is LISTEN to that tugging and questioning spirit because it's trying to tell you something!! That ET is a lie!
Defending something you didn't believe in, but were taught makes NO sense whatsoever. You didn't say you questioned it, you said you didn't believe in it.

The Bible is true. Hell is real. You have bought into the lie.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
There are a few non-believers who read this forum, as far as I can see, but they read it not to learn but to laugh at Christians, with one or two exceptions. I suspect the non-Christian readership is pretty small.

Even so, why would you be trying to reach non-Christians here? It's like dropping leaflets written in French into the middle of the Swedish countryside in the event a French tourist is happening through. Why not drop those leaflets in the middle of Toulouse or Paris?

I just don't get it.
You're SO wrong about that.......have you ever noticed the amount of people who read these threads as opposed to those who actually post? I have gotten countless reps from non-members and those who are not believers, and dm messages as well. There are THOUSANDS of people who read this forum, and they are not all believers. Don't think that the message of Jesus Christ isn't getting out there. We could ask you the same things, you know. Why are you spending so much time arguing with UR's when they are already Christians and know Jesus Christ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity