U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 10:52 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,211,524 times

Advertisements

So is teaching and rightly dividing doctrine-this really borders on the philosophical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 12:40 PM

5,441 posts, read 4,869,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
So is teaching and rightly dividing doctrine-this really borders on the philosophical.
Sound doctrine is of the utmost importance; and, when it is really being practiced, not just talked about, then there will be power behind it.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:05 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,771,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Serious. Read the scripture above provided by yeshuasavedme.

I believe you are into UR. If so, you would have to come out of your false doctrine. Jesus only works with truth.
My husband isn't into UR, so what do you say to that?

Old 06-26-2010, 09:15 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,466,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Are you being sarcastic or sincere? I can't tell. If you're sincere, please tell me where you attend church because my husband is legally blind, and we will certainly visit if the blind can see at your church.
The Word of God states that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, and he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.
Hbr 11:6But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Rom 10:17So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Gal 3:5He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, [doeth he it] by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

If you claim to be a Christian, then why are you not in a living Church, where the Spirit of the LORD is, and where miracles happen, in the name of Jesus?
Jesus did not heal every blind person, raise every dead person, cast out demons from every possessed and oppressed person, save every lost sinner from their sins, nor do many mighty miracles in every place, because many loved their sins more than they loved the Light, and many had no belief in Jesus as Healer, Savior or Miracle Provider.

He is not the parade clown throwing out miracles and healings to the masses watching Him parade by, who have no desire to seek Him and know Him, nor be obedient to His Gospel. He is LORD, Healer, Deliverer and Savior, and He desires that evey man come to know Him and receive His grace and love, and the benefits that are "new every morning", from His hand.

Mat 13:58 And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

Jesus is not a santa claus who passes out tokens, but is the Savior, Healer, Miracle Worker, and the Deliverer from demons. When He departed, He left the commission to the Church to preach the gospel and do the works that He did, but more so, because He went to the Father and they remained, and increased.

If the Gospel is preached in truth and in the power of the anointing of the Holy Spirit, then the LORD works with those who preach by His power, and He works with them to confirm His Word, and He gives gifts to the Church, so that some prophesy [prophetic utterances that reveal the secrets of the hearts of those who are seeking Him], some work miracles, some heal, some cast out demons, and some have the word of wisdom and some the word of knowledge, to speak to specific situations in the Church, and give God's answers and solutions.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:33 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,771,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
If you claim to be a Christian, then why are you not in a living Church, where the Spirit of the LORD is, and where miracles happen, in the name of Jesus?
Are you saying that at your church formerly blind people can see, and deaf people can hear? Have you seen someone be healed with no help whatsoever from doctors? A miracle is something that is unexplainable by man. It's not cancer going into remission or a tumor being removed and the doctor got it all and it never came back. It's not implants to make one hear, etc. So, if you have TRUE miracles in your church, this should be on the national news so people can find out about these miracles. I have heard of a very few, like a baby that was born "dead" and came to life an hour or so later and had no damage. This was on the news. Yes. I believe in miracles, but they are very, very rare today, so it's not something you're going to find in many churches, spirit-filled or otherwise. The miracles were done years ago to show who God was. It's not so much needed today for people to believe. That's my opinion, of course. Again, if you have true miracles at your church, please get it on the national news, You-tube, etc. and show us the proof. I'm being serious.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that at your church formerly blind people can see, and deaf people can hear? Have you seen someone be healed with no help whatsoever from doctors? A miracle is something that is unexplainable by man. It's not cancer going into remission or a tumor being removed and the doctor got it all and it never came back. It's not implants to make one hear, etc. So, if you have TRUE miracles in your church, this should be on the national news so people can find out about these miracles. I have heard of a very few, like a baby that was born "dead" and came to life an hour or so later and had no damage. This was on the news. Yes. I believe in miracles, but they are very, very rare today, so it's not something you're going to find in many churches, spirit-filled or otherwise. The miracles were done years ago to show who God was. It's not so much needed today for people to believe. That's my opinion, of course. Again, if you have true miracles at your church, please get it on the national news, You-tube, etc. and show us the proof. I'm being serious.
We've had miracles as a way of life, since we came to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, cause in these Adam flesh bodies, we need em so as to go til we go.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. -Do you believe that?
Watch Emmanuel TV live services. And we do not just "get miracles" without getting Jesus and believing His word.

Emmanuel TV | Home
Church goes all day Sunday there, with two services, and begins at midnight Pacific time.

You can read about the past Sunday services here:
http://thetbjoshuafanclub.wordpress.com/

And here is a man being healed of cancer of the buttocks. No one but Jesus could empower a person to pray for deliverance like that, and no one but
Jesus could accomplish the work through anointed servants appointed to preach and pray for souls, for a man like that to be healed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWGxk...eature=related

And yes, I have been personally healed of many things in my 41 years of walking with Jesus, and so have many people in my family.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 06-27-2010 at 12:19 AM..

Old 06-27-2010, 09:34 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,869,094 times
Quote:
My husband isn't into UR, so what do you say to that?
Has he received a blood-bought born again experience? Does he compromise with you?

Matthew 10
[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
[35] For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
[36] And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
[37] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
[38] And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Jesus described the gospel to us.

Mark 16
[15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
[17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
[18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
[19] So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
[20] And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:17 PM

Angus Buchan, a man after God's own heart. A movie was made of his book.

YouTube - Faith Like Potatoes - [1/12]

Old 06-27-2010, 06:20 PM

Fibroid miraculously healed

YouTube - TB Joshua - Fibroid Healed After Prophecy! (2)

Old 06-27-2010, 06:24 PM

Blindness healed instantly

YouTube - TB Joshua: Blindess Healed Instantly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or