U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:40 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,769,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipidydoodaa View Post
i agree,
but for me i know it is not a "chance" that i am taking in believing in an all powerful God that will/has reconcilled all, and will make all things right

If God is a pyschopathic torturer, (again i know He is not), i would not want anything to do with that monster and it would be fine to not be in his presence
You have made your own "god". The True God will give you just what you want. You get mad that He sends people to hell for disbelief yet you just said that you would be fine to not be in his presence. Why get mad then? Isn't that what they (and you) want?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 09:42 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,587,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Hmmmmm..........

Check out the thread that I started on Zoroastrianism and then get back to me. That is only a small part of it, though. I will get back to you on the rest.

Not interested...but thanks.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:42 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,494,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
You have made your own "god". The True God will give you just what you want.

Use the Holy Spirit (Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, Meekness) to find out who God really is........

Old 06-23-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Not interested...but thanks.

Sigh.......

My point was that Zoroastrianism (which is a B.C. religion) is very similar to the Catholic and Protestant form of Christianity. There is a reason for this.

I'm finally starting to understand WHO Babylon is. You have to COME out of her!

The Holy Spirit will lead you into truth. NOT man.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:45 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,769,584 times
Quote:
Use the Holy Spirit (Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, Meekness) to find out who God really is........
Again, you have made your own "god". God is much more than love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, meekness! You ignore the other parts of Him because it doesn't make you feel good. This is idolatry.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:48 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,773,110 times
Quote:
I'll take my chances.....CHANCES ARE: If I'm wrong, I still live, and if you're wrong....you've lied! And as you KNOW, no liar can inherit the kingdom! NONE!!
Since no liar can inherit the kingdom, you might want to give some thought to the lie you posted:

The benefit according to UR: Live TODAY as you choose, to your own liking, do nothing different...for God's "got you" in the end!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:49 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,587,944 times
Quote:
Sigh.......

My point was that Zoroastrianism (which is a B.C. religion) is very similar to the Catholic and Protestant form of Christianity. There is a reason for this.

I'm finally starting to understand WHO Babylon is. You have to COME out of her!

The Holy Spirit will lead you into truth. NOT man.
So I gather, after you came out of ZOROASTRIANISM, you've arrived? To "where" exactly? To.... all will be saved?

And you're here telling to come out of something that I'm not "caught up" in, in the first place? Which part of, I don't do religion........do you not understand? You ask me a question earlier, your question: Betsey, what do you know about the history of Christianity? My reply: To be honestly...not much!

All roads don't lead to Rome, muchless Heaven..........

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 06-23-2010 at 09:57 PM..

Old 06-23-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Again, you have made your own "god". God is much more than love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, meekness! You ignore the other parts of Him because it doesn't make you feel good. This is idolatry.
No, CantWait2Leave. That is why Jesus had to come in the FLESH to show humans just who his Father was! You will KNOW them BY THEIR FRUIT! The Old Testament guys had no CLUE! And neither does Christianity!

He HATED what the Pharisees did to the people under them. They terrified everybody into following God and they put burdens that killed men's souls! He was VERY angry with the religious. He told them they were going to Gehenna (hell), which they did in 70 A.D. Their centuries-old kingdom crumbled.

The religion of today is NO different. In fact it has gotten worse........

Old 06-23-2010, 09:51 PM

21,649 posts, read 30,276,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Since no liar can inherit the kingdom, you might want to give some thought to the lie you posted:

The benefit according to UR: Live TODAY as you choose, to your own liking, do nothing different...for God's "got you" in the end!
But according to what UR believe it's no lie, everyone "gets in", and that IS a lie.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
So I gather, after you came out of ZOROASTRIANISM, you've arrived?

I am still learning, Betsey. And it's not just about Zoroastrianism. The Greeks had their version of ugly gods and hells, too.

My mom and dad tried to tell me some of this stuff when I was little. They both KNEW that it was a mangled mess out there, but I was too scared to listen, and I just trudged on and on like a good soldier.

But, my burden got to be too great, and I didn't want to turn on whatever it was that was the Good News, so I didn't. I COULDN'T!

Something has just driven me, and I'm learning as fast as I can. So, no, I have not arrived. Not until I'm dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity