Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 08:17 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I don't know where you got your information, but you don't even know what UR is, if you think that. You reap what you sow.
I'll take my chances.....CHANCES ARE: If I'm wrong, I still live, and if you're wrong....you've lied! And as you KNOW, no liar can inherit the kingdom! NONE!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 08:18 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Isn't that what the serpent said? Eat and..... You shall not surely die: YES OR NO?
And the Babylon system tells you that you DO NOT DIE! That you have an IMMORTAL soul! That is not so, now is it?????

Old 06-23-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I'll take my chances.....CHANCES ARE: If I'm wrong, I still live, and if you're wrong....you've lied! And as you KNOW, no liar can inherit the kingdom! NONE!!

Please read my response to you on UR being the kind of belief system that says you can do whatever you want.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:27 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Quote:
I'll take my "chances" that when I meet God face to face and bow before Him and worship Him, that He'll be pleased with me for not accusing Him of being - not just a murderer of people who are eventually put out of their misery - but a torturer - a being that sets people on fire and never allows the fire to be put out. I'll take my "chances" that I know the true and living God who is Love.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:33 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Isn't that what the serpent said? Eat and..... You shall not surely die: YES OR NO?
Yes it its and he is still deceiving people today Betsey!

Old 06-23-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:

And WE ALL DIED, didn't WE? Spiritually and physically! Yes or no?

Nowhere did God say to Adam and Eve, "You will surely burn in the literal eternal fires of hell forever!"

Satan: No you won't burn in the literal eternal fires of hell forever!"

That is a PAGAN concept.........

Old 06-23-2010, 08:58 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
The GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD.........sadly, is the SAME one being told TODAY! And the serpent said to the woman, Ye will not surely die: For God does know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. (Genesis 3:4-5)

So therefore: But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

What you're doing TODAY...is no different! As the serpent said: Ye shall not surely die-He proceeded, not only to assure her of perfect impunity, but to promise great benefits from partaking of it.

The benefit according to UR: Live TODAY as you choose, to your own liking, do nothing different...for God's "got you" in the end! Yes, truly indeed the GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD!! Not only the GREATEST, but the LONGEST!!

That is so very true Betsey. These who promote universal salvation have bought into the counterfeit Gospel of Satan which seeks to obscure the true Gospel of Christ. Many of the people who have been sucked into this false doctrine have shown utter contempt for the truth. They are hostile to that truth. They ridicule it. Mock it. They do everything they can to try to discredit the truth. But God cannot be mocked. And God sits on the bench of the supreme court of Heaven.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:05 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That is so very true Betsey. These who promote universal salvation have bought into the counterfeit Gospel of Satan which seeks to obscure the true Gospel of Christ. Many of the people who have been sucked into this false doctrine have shown utter contempt for the truth. They are hostile to that truth. They ridicule it. Mock it. They do everything they can to try to discredit the truth. But God cannot be mocked. And God sits on the bench of the supreme court of Heaven.
Yes Mike this is true!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Mike, I am confounded that a guy like you, who seems to LOVE the truth, would be suckered in by Babylon.

UR is NOT, and I repeat, NOT new! And I thank God every day that I'm not a part of the synagogue (church) of Satan, which counterfeited the gospel of Christ and brought in horrible pagan concepts, bloody Crusades, and mental torture INSTEAD of the GOOD NEWS!

When was the last time you heard a preacher preach on the GOSPEL; that Christ was NOT COUNTING men's sins against them and he is the savior of the world! We are COMMANDED to preach this!!

If, after you have HEARD, UNDERSTOOD, and BELIEVED that (if you are so elected) and you sit in darkness you will be under the wrath of God. If you have HEARD, UNDERSTOOD, and BELIEVED that and you run your race you will be part of the BETTER resurrection! The elect are elect for a purpose!

Take that up with Christ!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:23 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Anyway.... folks are free to fight and holler all they want. It does not change truth in any way, shape or form. Let's carry on with the message for the many out there who may be reading, shall we? Let's continue on with the message herefornow was conveying:

More from the article:

In this essay, we are going to ask four very important questions.

1. Do we desire to know what our Heavenly Father is really like?
2. How can we overcome evil with good if God can’t do the same?
3. Do we want to be sure that we are portraying God accurately to the world?
4. Do we desire to take the right message to those who are perishing?

My intention in this essay is not to present an exegetical argument against “eternal” punishment. You will find more than enough resources on this website and others that will expose the lie of “eternal torment.” My goal is to simply introduce the importance of this subject and encourage the reader to seek the truth for himself. It’s easy for us to take for granted certain doctrines we’ve believed in our whole lives. Many times we become numb to error because we hear the same thing preached over and over again in our pulpits. But just because the majority believes something to be true, that doesn’t necessarily make it so. Men like Martin Luther will attest to that fact. There is always a risk in challenging traditional thinking because it can put us in the uncomfortable position of standing alone—but we need men of God who are willing to stand against tradition—alone if necessary—in order to be a light in the midst of “religious” darkness. My prayer is that God might grant to us the courage to seek after the truth, no matter what the cost!

First of all, it should be our desire to know our Heavenly Father. Jesus said in His glorious prayer in John 17,

And this is life eternal, that they might get to know you, the only real God, and Him whom You did send, Jesus Christ. (V. 3)

The Apostle Paul also expressed this thought, That I may know Him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being conformed to his death, (Phil. 3:10). It should be the desire of every one of God’s children to get to know their Father in heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity