Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 11:44 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
No, actually it doesn't, just did a study on Romans . . . and go back and read Chap 11 in it's entirety . . . remember we cannot take a verse out, without having all the fence posts line up . . . otherwise the meaning will be out of context . . . and Paul was speaking of Israel/Jews
Amen.... lifesign !!!
This seems to be a problem here in this forum of not reading the scripture before or after or the whole chapter to get the complete meaning, understanding of what God is saying in and through His word !!!

It seems many will take one scripture out of a paragraph, chapter and build a complete different meaning with that isolated scripture when that is not what God is showing through the actual scripture and the verses surrounding it !!!

Poor studying skills, no cross referencing, etc. and definitely lack of the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth!!!

Now you will hear all the excuses of the flesh why they are right and you are wrong.... go figure !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 11:45 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
We MUST, MUST, MUST have all of our fence posts lined up. You are right!

Think about this for a sec. Are our New Testaments in order chronologically ?

From the book, "Pagan Christianity": "The Bible has been transformed into a series of isolated, disjointed, fragmented sentences."
I don't care about the book Pagan Christianity . . . or the opinions of men, churches, pastors . . . . bible scholars . . . . . . . there was a man Jesus who taught he was the Way, the Truth and the Life . . . he claimed to be the Messiah, the Saviour . . . . .either he was a liar or a lunatic . . .or the Son of God . . . . and his messages were many . . . and teachings were many . . . but on eternal life . . . . he was clear . . . on who would be saved . . . and he never taught to the crows or his disciples that ALL people who were born from Adam . . .to Hitler, to this very time will be saved . . . . that is not a teaching of Christ . . . . I don't care if the early church fathetr's taught this . . .that is man's teachings . . . . What did Jesus say?????

Old 06-23-2010, 11:47 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
For it is written "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." (I John 1:7). Notice that cleansing for sin is conditioned upon fellowship with God, and that fellowship is conditioned upon walking in the light. If the blood of Christ is not cleansing us from all sin, it is impossible to be in a relationship with God! Fellowship and relationship are inseparable from the saving work of Christ.

Sparrow, the big picture is A Saviour will Save . . .but what does Jesus teach . . .it does not matter what I, you, a pastor, a denomination teaches . . . the old testament if filled with prophecies regarding our Saviour that was fulfilled in Jesus . . . . and the entire bible and Christ's teachings . . . sum up he is a Saviour to all who believe, have faith . . it's just one teaching upon another . . .reap what your sow, the man who built his house on sand . . . the tare and the wheat . . . there are so many parables that Jesus taught and they all sayd this:

Eternal Salvation = Faith in the Saviur Jesus Christ . . . . it is really that simple.
Amen....

Quote:
I don't care about the book Pagan Christianity . . . or the opinions of men, churches, pastors . . . . bible scholars . . . . . . . there was a man Jesus who taught he was the Way, the Truth and the Life . . . he claimed to be the Messiah, the Saviour . . . . .either he was a liar or a lunatic . . .or the Son of God . . . . and his messages were many . . . and teachings were many . . . but on eternal life . . . . he was clear . . . on who would be saved . . . and he never taught to the crows or his disciples that ALL people who were born from Adam . . .to Hitler, to this very time will be saved . . . . that is not a teaching of Christ . . . . I don't care if the early church fathetr's taught this . . .that is man's teachings . . . . What did Jesus say?????
A great big AMEN !!!

Old 06-23-2010, 11:49 PM

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: NO MAN cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME."
-- Jesus Christ, John 14:6

Old 06-23-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen....

A great big AMEN !!!
Thanks Latte . . . . . . Jesus teachings are abundant on the topic of Eternal Salvation . . . and quite clear, Blessings, Lifesigns64

Old 06-23-2010, 11:54 PM

As long as you believe in God and try to be a good person, it doesn’t matter what religion you belong to.” “There are different paths up the mountain, but they all lead to the summit.”

How many times have you heard people say such things? It’s politically correct. Tolerant. Reasonable.

But Jesus says it’s wrong! “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me.”

Old 06-23-2010, 11:56 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Ill get back to you all tomorrow. It's late here and I've got a lot of explaining to do, it appears.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:57 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Such assumptions...
Such assumptions...

I will leave you to them.

The common thread in all that God is trying to show us, teach us and impress upon is... is HIS LOVE.

This isn't about one verse.
or one parable.
or one story.
or one book of the bible.
This is about the story of HIS LOVE that He has woven and is still weaving in all of our lives.

He speaks to us in many, many ways.
Sometimes... just one word.
Sometimes.... just one single little tiny verse.
I thank Him from the bottom of my heart for speaking so plainly and simply to me at times. Yes, Father... it's so easy even a child could understand.
I thank Him for the complexity and for the simpleness. Both hand in hand... teaching and revealing.

So many things pointing to such higher, greater more beautiful truths... and here we sit, talking about the letters that make up the words, instead of looking at the words themselves. I hope you get what I mean.

peace,
sparrow

Old 06-24-2010, 12:00 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
"I am the way, the truth, and the life: NO MAN cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME."
-- Jesus Christ, John 14:6

Yes. UR's agree.
Did you think we do not?
peace and goodnight,
sparrow

Old 06-24-2010, 12:00 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Quote:
As long as you believe in God and try to be a good person, it doesn’t matter what religion you belong to.” “There are different paths up the mountain, but they all lead to the summit.”

How many times have you heard people say such things? It’s politically correct. Tolerant. Reasonable.

But Jesus says it’s wrong! “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me.”
Nobody is disagreeing with you here, lifesigns64.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity