U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-23-2010, 06:30 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,388,654 times
Reputation: 437

Advertisements

“Jesus wept.” (Jn. 11:35)

Babylon the Great is fallen..........

"Woe unto them that call evil good…" (Isa. 5:20).

This story (LIE), like the other, is told with equal passion—perhaps even more. This story is a lie. It is the “Greatest Lie Ever Told” to man, and you might be very surprised to find out where this lie comes from.

It does not come from those we would consider heathen, nor does it come from atheists, or even those who are violently opposed to God and religion.


No,
this lie does not come from those we would expect.

The greatest lie the world has ever heard comes straight from the very people who love and follow Jesus Christ. It comes from our pulpits, it is taught in our Sunday school classes, it is broadcast all over the world through our television ministries, and it is preached by the missionaries who are in the remotest places of the world.


The above is from: Exposing the Greatest Lie Ever Told

"Come OUT of her My people…" and "He that overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he shall be My SON" (Rev. 18:4, & 21:7).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-23-2010, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,408,340 times
Reputation: 1690
Great article... thanks for posting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 08:33 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,388,654 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Great article... thanks for posting!

You're welcome.

Here are the next couple of snippets.

Have I gotten your attention yet? OK, so what is this lie? It is the lie that says that God will eternally torment most of His creatures; it is the lie that says that Jesus Christ cannot save most men; it is the lie that says that death will continue to exist forever, and it is the lie that says there will come a time when God will never be able to show mercy and love to the majority of those He created.

Yes, this is the lie of religion and it is one that has all but consumed evangelical Christianity, so much so that the Church’s message has become one of fear rather than one of love and victory.

It has taken the beautiful judgments of God and turned them into a sadistic torture chamber, and worse than this, it has made a miserable failure of the work of Jesus Christ in that only a small minority of the billions of people who have ever lived will ever see heaven.

Why is it important that we study the issue of the final destiny of man? Some people have told me that this issue is not really pertinent to them because it focuses on future things and our concern should be with the “here and now.” I absolutely agree that our focus should be on the here and now which is why we need to seek out the heart of God on this matter. However, I disagree that our conclusion on this matter in no way affects the way we live.


Understanding this issue is extremely important because it will significantly affect how we respond to those around us (both toward Christians and non-Christians alike), and how we deal with adversity in our lives. Also, in order to be able to effectively minister to the world with the gospel, we must know both the beginning and the end of God’s plan for man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 08:45 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,724,658 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
You're welcome.

Here are the next couple of snippets.

Have I gotten your attention yet? OK, so what is this lie? It is the lie that says that God will eternally torment most of His creatures; it is the lie that says that Jesus Christ cannot save most men; it is the lie that says that death will continue to exist forever, and it is the lie that says there will come a time when God will never be able to show mercy and love to the majority of those He created.

Yes, this is the lie of religion and it is one that has all but consumed evangelical Christianity, so much so that the Church’s message has become one of fear rather than one of love and victory.

It has taken the beautiful judgments of God and turned them into a sadistic torture chamber, and worse than this, it has made a miserable failure of the work of Jesus Christ in that only a small minority of the billions of people who have ever lived will ever see heaven.

Why is it important that we study the issue of the final destiny of man? Some people have told me that this issue is not really pertinent to them because it focuses on future things and our concern should be with the “here and now.” I absolutely agree that our focus should be on the here and now which is why we need to seek out the heart of God on this matter. However, I disagree that our conclusion on this matter in no way affects the way we live.


Understanding this issue is extremely important because it will significantly affect how we respond to those around us (both toward Christians and non-Christians alike), and how we deal with adversity in our lives. Also, in order to be able to effectively minister to the world with the gospel, we must know both the beginning and the end of God’s plan for man.
I read this about five years ago when I first realized this truth. It is explained well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,461,241 times
Reputation: 934
The GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD.........sadly, is the SAME one being told TODAY! And the serpent said to the woman, Ye will not surely die: For God does know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. (Genesis 3:4-5)



So therefore: But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.


What you're doing TODAY...is no different! As the serpent said: Ye shall not surely die-He proceeded, not only to assure her of perfect impunity, but to promise great benefits from partaking of it.

The benefit according to UR: Live TODAY as you choose, to your own liking, do nothing different...for God's "got you" in the end! Yes, truly indeed the GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD!! Not only the GREATEST, but the LONGEST!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 09:12 PM
 
5,749 posts, read 4,597,795 times
Reputation: 4180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The benefit according to UR: Live TODAY as you choose, to your own liking, do nothing different...

Please stop bearing false witness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 09:14 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,724,658 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The benefit according to UR: Live TODAY as you choose, to your own liking, do nothing different...for God's "got you" in the end!
I don't know where you got your information, but you don't even know what UR is, if you think that. You reap what you sow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,461,241 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Please stop bearing false witness.

Isn't that what the serpent said? Eat and..... You shall not surely die: YES OR NO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,388,654 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The benefit according to UR: Live TODAY as you choose, to your own liking, do nothing different...for God's "got you" in the end! Yes, truly indeed the GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD!! Not only the GREATEST, but the LONGEST!!
Not at all, Betsey. I wanted to STOP everything I was doing BECAUSE of the LOVE OF GOD! He exploded in my heart! I NEVER want to go back into the darkness!! I never want to back into the world and it's systems! I don't even struggle anymore! It's awesome!

I want to KNOW MORE ABOUT HIM! I can go BOLDLY to the throne of grace!

Why would I want to give up the greatest love in the universe?????????

Paul tells us in 1 Tim. 4:10 that Christ is the Savior of all men, especially those who believe. He told us to PREACH JUST THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


When was the last time you heard an evangelist tell unbelievers that Jesus Christ is their Savior and that God has conciliated them to Himself, and is not charging their sins to their account? When?


The above in red is from:


http://www.savior-of-all.com/study.html: (broken link)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 09:17 PM
 
5,749 posts, read 4,597,795 times
Reputation: 4180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I don't know where you got your information, but you don't even know what UR is, if you think that. You reap what you sow.

Yes. We have been over this again and again and again. I think it's quite wrong for folks to KEEP doing this to those who believe in universal reconciliation. This issue has been addressed many times. Even by the mods, I believe if I remember correctly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top