U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 08:52 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,299,867 times

Advertisements

..in prayer today as I pray for MY President and MY country.This is a positive thread only,please! I am SO tired of hearing put-downs and name-calling etc to this administration ...and to our country...because we ARE in effect putting down our own soil when we do that.Jesus commanded we PRAY for those whom we perceive to be our enemy (I don't perceive it that way but to each his own).While it was fine for Jesus to call out others,OUR job is to PRAY about it.
SO PLEASE,NO more tearing down our country with the lies (like the Pres. Obama birth cert. 'issue'),the slander and the gossip,(at least for this thread only.I'm not on a power trip.)The bible has a lot to say about gossip,(don't believe me?try reading it sometime. )
I see no reason why we shouldn't give basic respect to both (our country and our President),whether you feel it is deserved or not.They do go hand -in- hand.IMO ppl who claim to be Godly really put their credibility on the line when they do otherwise.(like having a particular political agenda in mind).
BTW IF you think we're truly living in a storybook or a play,where the end has already been written and we know the outcome...then I see no reason for all the uproar.WE can't change anything.GOD is in control,HE always has an always will be.IF you truly think our President is evil,then it would appear he's just playing his role (in end times),much like Pontious Pilot did.'For all of your days were written in My book,before one of them came to be'.So then praise God for that.HE is the author of life.
Today I wish to pray for MY President and MY country.I challenge you to do the same.

AMEN.

just to add a few thoughts(I got these from fathersloveletter.com).
So it appears God has ordained our President's days,too.Not just yours and mine,not just yours and the rest of the Christians in the world...but EVERYONE'S days:

I chose you when I planned creation.
Psalm 139:2

You were not a mistake,
for all your days are written in my book.

Psalm 139:15-16

I know when you sit down and when you rise up.
Psalm 139:2

I am familiar with all your ways.
Psalm 139:3

Even the very hairs on your head are numbered.
Matthew 10:29-31

For you were made in my image.
Genesis 1:27

In me you live and move and have your being.
Acts 17:28

For you are my offspring.
Acts 17:28

I knew you even before you were conceived.
Jeremiah 1:4-5

I determined the exact time of your birth
and where you would live.
Acts 17:26

You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Psalm 139:14

I knit you together in your mother's womb.
Psalm 139:13

And brought you forth on the day you were born.
Psalm 71:6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity