U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 07:08 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,423,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertJoe View Post
God bless you brother.Trust me when I say that I understand.There is a day coming when the sky will part,& out of eternity will step our Lord,& we shall behold Him,face to face,in all of His glory.I hope this brings joy out of your tears.I am leaving a link to an old song from Sandi Patti.Again,God bless you

YouTube - YouTube - Sandi Patty 1983 We Shall Behold Him
...my goodness...what a song....what a voice....what a God!!!!...Thank you...I needed this.

...oh...and I'm a sister...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 07:13 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,016,120 times
Well I'm still a believer in the 2nd coming of Christ, although my belief in a Rapture has waned a good bit. I long for His coming that my whole being aches.....I want to be with Him so badly sometimes. I'm always longing for Him and His coming....what a marvelous thing to look forward to!! Thanks for the thread DesertJoe. I feel like we have a long way to go but it's still great to think about His returning in our lifetime. Come, Lord Jesus!!

Old 06-26-2010, 07:45 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,870,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
? ::

I get it that 'lukewarm' Christians will not be taken.Revelation says God will spew them out of His mouth.Is that what you mean?
Lukewarm born again children of God will be spewed into the tribulation period. A virgin is a child of God who does not walk in willful sin. Therefore, the 10 virgins in Matthew 25 are not backsliders or other sinners; these are God's children who live free from willful sin. However, 5 are foolish and 5 are wise.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:26 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,423,849 times
Default Let this be our Prayer...

YouTube - Celtic Woman ChloŽ Agnew The Prayer

....beautiful...makes my heart smile...

Old 06-26-2010, 10:47 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,298,806 times
OK,thx all

Old 06-26-2010, 11:07 AM

51 posts, read 110,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

YouTube - Celtic Woman ChloŽ Agnew The Prayer

....beautiful...makes my heart smile...
You know Verna,I thought you were a sister with that name,but I saw where you said you were a son of God.I see now you were speaking generically.God bless you again,& thank you for this beautiful song you left.It is a blessing.It just gets better

Old 07-09-2010, 06:04 PM

8,058 posts, read 6,007,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Well I'm still a believer in the 2nd coming of Christ, although my belief in a Rapture has waned a good bit. I long for His coming that my whole being aches.....I want to be with Him so badly sometimes. I'm always longing for Him and His coming....what a marvelous thing to look forward to!! Thanks for the thread DesertJoe. I feel like we have a long way to go but it's still great to think about His returning in our lifetime. Come, Lord Jesus!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Are you longing for Jesus return? Yes, but I want as many as possible to experience that joy like no other, with me. I want to see my Daddy's face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I am indeed anticipating Jesus' return in our day; however, I know for a fact that I am in need of more preparation, as Jesus is only coming after His Bride, not all born again children of God.

Matthew 25
[1] Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
[2] And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
[3] They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
[4] But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

Eph. 5
[26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
[27] That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
Are you longing for Jesus to return?

Answer: Every day.
He has never left us. We left him. If you want to be with him, he provides us his presence with his Holy Spirit.

He is with us. You don't have to wait for The second coming to be with him. Let him work in your soul and reveal his truth in you. (The second coming is coming)

He is here.

He has always been here from the beginning.

Alpha and Omega.

We walk with him, we live with him.

The Kingdom is within you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity