Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 08:00 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,115,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
Are you longing for Jesus to return?

Answer: Every day.
I never ask if the users name is related to the military with your exception. I am a recipient of several Purple Hearts from the Vietnam War. I am not pleased at what I did but did you receive a Purple Heart ?

Thanks
Steve
K Co, 75th Rangers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 12:49 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,679,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I am indeed anticipating Jesus' return in our day; however, I know for a fact that I am in need of more preparation, as Jesus is only coming after His Bride, not all born again children of God.

Matthew 25
[1] Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
[2] And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
[3] They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
[4] But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

Eph. 5
[26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
[27] That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
ok,I'm confused.what are you saying exactly? that one has to be perfect in order to be raptured? but no one is.that's why Jesus came.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:46 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,916,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
ok,I'm confused.what are you saying exactly? that one has to be perfect in order to be raptured? but no one is.that's why Jesus came.
That's exactly what I am saying based on the Word of God. We must be without spots or blemishes, i.e., God perfect, to be caught away with Jesus at His second coming. Here's a good teaching about the Rapture based on the Word.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:03 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,116,399 times
The five foolish virgins are the five external senses; the gate of the spiritual world is closed to them; but why are they foolish?

One reason is that the five outer senses are borrowers - everything they do they borrow - and that is why they have no light in their lamps, because they borrow everything from the outer world. They have never had the inner source tell them anything, but they have lived by a borrowed revelation, they have borrowed what everyone else teaches, preaches, thinks and says. And when the Bridegroom comes and the hour of union is at hand they run to the inner senses and cry, "Can we borrow - give us of your oil!" The reply comes speedily, "NO - go to the source, get your oil as we got ours, we got our light from the inside, from the inner man of spirit, from the realm of the Kingdom of Heaven, and this light cannot be borrowed."

Old 06-26-2010, 12:39 AM

I always thought it just meant some were not watching and thus,were not prepared..like they slipped in their faith.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:47 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,413,205 times
Are you longing for Jesus return? Yes, but I want as many as possible to experience that joy like no other, with me. I want to see my Daddy's face.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
That's exactly what I am saying based on the Word of God. We must be without spots or blemishes, i.e., God perfect, to be caught away with Jesus at His second coming. Here's a good teaching about the Rapture based on the Word.
? ::

I get it that 'lukewarm' Christians will not be taken.Revelation says God will spew them out of His mouth.Is that what you mean?

Old 06-26-2010, 05:00 AM

51 posts, read 148,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Are you longing for Jesus return? Yes, but I want as many as possible to experience that joy like no other, with me. I want to see my Daddy's face.
God bless you Betsey.I am so where you are.Though we long for Jesus,we so want "whosoever will" to come.As Paul said,"Knowing the Terror of the Lord we persuade men".We do not really want to see anyone not coming to Jesus,& even though the cry of our hearts is "Even so,come Lord Jesus",we know that the same grace that rescued us is still calling,& we can rejoice everyday,knowing that His mercy is not in vain,& that more are being added to the family everyday.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:54 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,627,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertJoe View Post
I do not doubt that if you are His child,that there are times when you are heartbroken.You want Jesus to come back.Even the best & most glorious day spent on this earth is as darkness compared to His coming.I am going to leave some verses out of 1st John chapter 3 to encourage us,& it is my fondest hope that you will leave your reflections on His returning.God bless you

1)How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2)Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3)Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.
Dear DesertJoe...

I am His child...I am His son...and my heart is broken...it is shredded into pieces...and the more broken and shredded it becomes with each new passing day...the more I long for Him...the more I yearn for Him...the more I need Him......and this "crying" smiley face just doesn't portray my pain sufficiently...but it is all that I have to cry with on this screen...but so you know...I am sincere when I use it...I am crying...tears continually flow down my face...I cannot talk...or in our case, type any words without crying these days...I am mourning.

I look around me...and I see a short time left with everyone and everything I've ever known for a lifetime...I sense that with every step I take, it is in preparation for Him to come...the preparation is to strengthen me both spiritually and physically...so I can be healthy both spiritually and physically...I must be ready both spiritually and physically...strong in my faith...and all that's going on around me now...the darker and more painful it gets, I know deep within me that it is for strengthening me...to prepare me...to toughen me into the softest, most compassionate, caring person...far more than I could have ever imagined I could ever be before...I am someone in Him who I never thought I could possibly be..........OH! the glory!...to see with the eyes of God and understand with His understanding with His heart, what pain is really for...and to know...by His Spirit...that the human in me sees death and destruction and despair...but the Spirit in me sees life and restoration and hope...I am a glorious mess......Praise His holy Name...and I will accept whatever He brings to me....with this attitude...that it is...whatever it is...meant to prepare me fully for His coming....both spiritually and physically...and most definately mentally and emotionally as well...

Thank you LORD for All that You Are...I love You with ALL of my heart...ALL of my soul...and with ALL of my strength....Amen.

God Bless you...
Love,
Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 06-26-2010 at 07:01 AM..

Old 06-26-2010, 07:53 AM

51 posts, read 148,754 times
Default The face to face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Dear DesertJoe...

I am His child...I am His son...and my heart is broken...it is shredded into pieces...and the more broken and shredded it becomes with each new passing day...the more I long for Him...the more I yearn for Him...the more I need Him......and this "crying" smiley face just doesn't portray my pain sufficiently...but it is all that I have to cry with on this screen...but so you know...I am sincere when I use it...I am crying...tears continually flow down my face...I cannot talk...or in our case, type any words without crying these days...I am mourning.

I look around me...and I see a short time left with everyone and everything I've ever known for a lifetime...I sense that with every step I take, it is in preparation for Him to come...the preparation is to strengthen me both spiritually and physically...so I can be healthy both spiritually and physically...I must be ready both spiritually and physically...strong in my faith...and all that's going on around me now...the darker and more painful it gets, I know deep within me that it is for strengthening me...to prepare me...to toughen me into the softest, most compassionate, caring person...far more than I could have ever imagined I could ever be before...I am someone in Him who I never thought I could possibly be..........OH! the glory!...to see with the eyes of God and understand with His understanding with His heart, what pain is really for...and to know...by His Spirit...that the human in me sees death and destruction and despair...but the Spirit in me sees life and restoration and hope...I am a glorious mess......Praise His holy Name...and I will accept whatever He brings to me....with this attitude...that it is...whatever it is...meant to prepare me fully for His coming....both spiritually and physically...and most definately mentally and emotionally as well...

Thank you LORD for All that You Are...I love You with ALL of my heart...ALL of my soul...and with ALL of my strength....Amen.

God Bless you...
Love,
Verna.
God bless you brother Verna.Trust me when I say that I understand.There is a day coming when the sky will part,& out of eternity will step our Lord,& we shall behold Him,face to face,in all of His glory.I hope this brings joy out of your tears.I am leaving a link to an old song from Sandi Patti.Again,God bless you

YouTube - YouTube - Sandi Patty 1983 We Shall Behold Him

Last edited by DesertJoe; 06-26-2010 at 08:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity