Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 02:37 AM

66 posts, read 75,169 times

Advertisements

no offense to anyone but as my love for the almighty one grows and i get to know him, i lose my desires to sin ( by his grace) so if your relationship with God" allows you to sin guilt free and you feel as if you are pleasing him that way then i am no one to judge..
as i seek him and he reveals the uglyness and sin in my heart i cant Help but repent and want to be cleaned from it beacuse i hate it.. i hate the sin in me and i would rather give up Everything than to continue to live as a slave to sin.

say wat u would like... but that is my trutth.. i want to be made whole.. i desire nothing moreee than to please the god that made me. and I Know that by sinning i am not.. i dont know how u can deny this.
i amnot here to change anyone or to force my beliefs on you...
if you are conent with the way u are living, then carry on , but i know that once sin is in me.. i will keep seeking and following god so that he can clean my heart and renew my spirit so that i can become whole and be united with him.
with him all is possible and i trust what he says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
We are perfect in Gods sight because of what Jesus did, not what we do.
So no matter what we do we are saved.. i am not judging.. just trying to understand. I truly am just seeking.

thank u for your response

Old 06-25-2010, 05:27 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
We are perfect in Gods sight because of what Jesus did, not what we do.
By what Jesus does thru us are we perfect. By His Work thru us - not our work. But THOSE works are required.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:35 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,692,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selinabetrue View Post
no offense to anyone but as my love for the almighty one grows and i get to know him, i lose my desires to sin ( by his grace) so if your relationship with God" allows you to sin guilt free and you feel as if you are pleasing him that way then i am no one to judge..
as i seek him and he reveals the uglyness and sin in my heart i cant Help but repent and want to be cleaned from it beacuse i hate it.. i hate the sin in me and i would rather give up Everything than to continue to live as a slave to sin.

say wat u would like... but that is my trutth.. i want to be made whole.. i desire nothing moreee than to please the god that made me. and I Know that by sinning i am not.. i dont know how u can deny this.
i amnot here to change anyone or to force my beliefs on you...
if you are conent with the way u are living, then carry on , but i know that once sin is in me.. i will keep seeking and following god so that he can clean my heart and renew my spirit so that i can become whole and be united with him.
with him all is possible and i trust what he says.
Amen..... selinabetrue !!!

Psalm 19:13
13. Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression.

Romans 6:14
14. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

II Peter 3:10-18
10. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.
11. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12. looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!
13. But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
14. Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless,

15. and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you,
16. as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.
17. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness,
18. but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Keep on with the Lord Jesus and what He has placed in your heart to believe and do, selinabetrue.... remember this; Psalm 45:7.....
You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

There will be those who will come into this thread to scoff, ridicule, and down right deny what Christ has said, that He came to set the captive free and when the Son sets you free, you are free indeed !

Just like the scripture above in II Peter 3:15-18...... and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you,
16. as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.
17. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness,
18. but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

The poorest excuse you hear all the time of not wanting and desiring Christ over self, sin, are those who say "we are just human"....

Selinabetrue.......Just set your hope in Christ, keepin' on with what the Lord Jesus has given you in your heart and I do believe He will accomplish that in your life.
You are definitely on the path of His Righteousness..... and do remember there are many who agree with you !!

Old 06-25-2010, 07:32 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,940,722 times
Quote:
By reading some of the other threads i am a bit confused..

Many people believe that we are saved while we are still sinning?
And majority believe that it is Impossible to become in a sinless state?

didnt Jesus come to Show us the way?
Why is it soo hard to believe that we can become this way? isnt his power greater than all things?
And why would he want us to remain slaves to sin when he came to show us the way out of it?
SIN= DEATH

SO Why is it that we can't accept that jesus can make us whole.. by changing us into Clean hearted people who no longer have the desire to sin?

Why do we continue to believe the devil.. when he tells us that it is ok to live sinning...convincing us that jesus died to allow us to keep being slaves to the devil(sin/evil)... whatttt????

Or are u just scared to think of what u might have to give up to become this way? ( i know that i sometimes feel scared... but i know that whatever he has waiting is more precious that anything here on earth .. so i trust that whatever i must do is worth it) i hope i can do it!

We must give up the world to inherit his kingdom.. for it is not of this world..
How can he want us to be trapped in sin... Jesus doesnt want us to sin... he wants us to choose him and turn away from sin... NO matter the cost

EVEN if we have to choose death, just not to sin.. this is what he requires of us ... I hope i can do this.. it seems hard.. ( Narrow path .. few will choose-)
Friend, you are certainly on the right track for acknowledging that we must live free from sin; to state otherwise is contradicting the Word. Those who still commit sin are still slaves, and will go to hell in that condition. Jesus came to set the captives free, and that's exactly what He does for those who are obedient in the faith.

Heb. 3
[13] But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
[14] For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 PM

139 posts, read 223,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen..... selinabetrue !!!

Psalm 19:13
13. Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression.

Romans 6:14
14. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

II Peter 3:10-18
10. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.
11. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12. looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!
13. But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
14. Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless,

15. and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you,

Keep on with the Lord Jesus and what He has placed in your heart to believe and do, selinabetrue.... remember this; Psalm 45:7.....
You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

There will be those who will come into this thread to scoff, ridicule, and down right deny what Christ has said, that He came to set the captive free and when the Son sets you free, you are free indeed !

Just like the scripture above in II Peter 3:15-18...... and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you,

The poorest excuse you hear all the time of not wanting and desiring Christ over self, sin, are those who say "we are just human"....

Selinabetrue.......Just set your hope in Christ, keepin' on with what the Lord Jesus has given you in your heart and I do believe He will accomplish that in your life.
You are definitely on the path of His Righteousness..... and do remember there are many who agree with you !!

Old 06-25-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
By what Jesus does thru us are we perfect. By His Work thru us - not our work. But THOSE works are required.

makes sense

Old 06-25-2010, 09:08 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,207,727 times
Quote:
So no matter what we do we are saved.. i am not judging.. just trying to understand. I truly am just seeking.

thank u for your response
Hi,
I prefer to back into your question. How many sins are we allowed to do in order to be saved? If we are allowed 500,000 yet we do 500,001 we are doomed? The reality is we are allowed ZERO sins, so how can anyone make it? The answer is we can’t, so that is why we need Jesus who died for our sins and if we have faith in him God see’s Jesus on the cross as opposed to our sins or lack of sins.

When we are saved God works on our actions to help us obey the law which is loving God and loving others, not a list of do’s and don’ts. Will we lie? Sure but God see’s Jesus on the cross, will be get angry at others? Sure but God see’s Jesus on the cross. Will God work on us to love him and others? Sure, that is why we need to focus on what Jesus DID, not what would Jesus do. Faith brings about the works (love) not trying to obey a list.

Will we do what ever we want if we are saved? Probably not, can we? Yes. Will we sin? Yes but it won’t be our main desire especially if we focus on Jesus not ourselves an our actions.

This book helped me understand grace.
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]http://www.amazon.com/Putting-Amazing-Back-into-Grace/dp/0801064007/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277521478&sr=1-1[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]

Old 06-26-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Hi,
I prefer to back into your question. How many sins are we allowed to do in order to be saved? If we are allowed 500,000 yet we do 500,001 we are doomed? The reality is we are allowed ZERO sins, so how can anyone make it? The answer is we can’t, so that is why we need Jesus who died for our sins and if we have faith in him God see’s Jesus on the cross as opposed to our sins or lack of sins.

When we are saved God works on our actions to help us obey the law which is loving God and loving others, not a list of do’s and don’ts. Will we lie? Sure but God see’s Jesus on the cross, will be get angry at others? Sure but God see’s Jesus on the cross. Will God work on us to love him and others? Sure, that is why we need to focus on what Jesus DID, not what would Jesus do. Faith brings about the works (love) not trying to obey a list.

Will we do what ever we want if we are saved? Probably not, can we? Yes. Will we sin? Yes but it won’t be our main desire especially if we focus on Jesus not ourselves an our actions.

This book helped me understand grace.
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]http://www.amazon.com/Putting-Amazing-Back-into-Grace/dp/0801064007/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277521478&sr=1-1[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]
why will we choose to lie?.. i choose to be truthful( it is very possible to always tell the truth)
why will we choose to get angry?, i chooose to remain at peace no matter whaat devils trys to fight me with.( it is our choice to let the anger take over us)
why wouldn't we do WHATEVER it takes? this is wat god wants us to do .. my desire is to do whatever it takes.. to crucify all the sin in me...so that i can be free and be in union with the almighty. i long to be free because i love god and want to please him.

we will be tempted to sin..just as the devil tempted jesus but we must choose to turn from sin and follow jesus.
just as the devil tried to put doubt in jesus.. so does he put this same doubt in us.. he tell us that it is impossible to be free from sin.. but with god all things are possible I trust god..not the devil.

it is possible to be frreeed from sin( no matter how many times u have sinned ) ... once we choose to follow god and not the devil...god will never lead us into sin.. his promise is to free us from it.

god bless

Old 06-26-2010, 09:39 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,101 times
Quote:
why will we choose to lie?.. i choose to be truthful( it is very possible to always tell the truth)
why will we choose to get angry?, i chooose to remain at peace no matter whaat devils trys to fight me with.( it is our choice to let the anger take over us)
why wouldn't we do WHATEVER it takes? this is wat god wants us to do .. my desire is to do whatever it takes.. to crucify all the sin in me...so that i can be free and be in union with the almighty. i long to be free because i love god and want to please him.

we will be tempted to sin..just as the devil tempted jesus but we must choose to turn from sin and follow jesus.
just as the devil tried to put doubt in jesus.. so does he put this same doubt in us.. he tell us that it is impossible to be free from sin.. but with god all things are possible I trust god..not the devil.

it is possible to be frreeed from sin( no matter how many times u have sinned ) ... once we choose to follow god and not the devil...god will never lead us into sin.. his promise is to free us from it.

god bless
......Amen Selina.

God Bless you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity