Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:54 PM

66 posts, read 74,860 times

Advertisements

By reading some of the other threads i am a bit confused..

Many people believe that we are saved while we are still sinning?
And majority believe that it is Impossible to become in a sinless state?

didnt Jesus come to Show us the way?
Why is it soo hard to believe that we can become this way? isnt his power greater than all things?
And why would he want us to remain slaves to sin when he came to show us the way out of it?
SIN= DEATH

SO Why is it that we can't accept that jesus can make us whole.. by changing us into Clean hearted people who no longer have the desire to sin?

Why do we continue to believe the devil.. when he tells us that it is ok to live sinning...convincing us that jesus died to allow us to keep being slaves to the devil(sin/evil)... whatttt????

Or are u just scared to think of what u might have to give up to become this way? ( i know that i sometimes feel scared... but i know that whatever he has waiting is more precious that anything here on earth .. so i trust that whatever i must do is worth it) i hope i can do it!

We must give up the world to inherit his kingdom.. for it is not of this world..
How can he want us to be trapped in sin... Jesus doesnt want us to sin... he wants us to choose him and turn away from sin... NO matter the cost

EVEN if we have to choose death, just not to sin.. this is what he requires of us ... I hope i can do this.. it seems hard.. ( Narrow path .. few will choose-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 08:57 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,986,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selinabetrue View Post
By reading some of the other threads i am a bit confused..

Why is it soo hard to believe that we can become this way? isnt his power greater than all things?
And why would he want us to remain slaves to sin when he came to show us the way out of it?
SIN= DEATH

SO Why is it that we can't accept that jesus can make us whole.. by changing us into Clean hearted people who no longer have the desire to sin?

Why do we continue to believe the devil.. when he tells us that it is ok to live sinning...convincing us that jesus died to allow us to keep being slaves to the devil(sin/evil)... whatttt????

Or are u just scared to think of what u might have to give up to become this way? ( i know that i sometimes feel scared... but i know that whatever he has waiting is more precious that anything here on earth .. so i trust that whatever i must do is worth it) i hope i can do it!

We must give up the world to inherit his kingdom.. for it is not of this world..
How can he want us to be trapped in sin... Jesus doesnt want us to sin... he wants us to choose him and turn away from sin... NO matter the cost

EVEN if we have to choose death, just not to sin.. this is what he requires of us ... I hope i can do this.. it seems hard.. ( Narrow path .. few will choose-)
You can't be considered "saved" unless you are without the imputation of sin. That is not to say that you wouldn't still have the potential to sin.

If you are not imputed sin then you are essentially "perfect". Their are many denominations claiming to be Christian that actually teach that you cannot be "perfect" until after death when you have been glorified. That teaching is in error.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:17 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,163,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
You can't be considered "saved" unless you are without the imputation of sin. That is not to say that you wouldn't still have the potential to sin.

If you are not imputed sin then you are essentially "perfect". Their are many denominations claiming to be Christian that actually teach that you cannot be "perfect" until after death when you have been glorified. That teaching is in error.
We are perfect in Gods sight because of what Jesus did, not what we do.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:20 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,417,662 times
I think they are trying to equate life to a monopoly game, where you can draw a 'Get out of Jail Free' card from the Chance pile, or if that fails, just buy your way out.

Of course in religion and monopoly, apparently all you have to do to go to jail is step on the wrong square.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:29 PM

48 posts, read 53,785 times
"sin" is a Christian religion invention -- it simply means "you are a born no-good person with bad desires".

You need religion to tell you what's right/wrong? How did religion know it?

- you want to have sex, is that good or bad? Catholic priests got into a habit of molesting young boys with gay-sex, what is your judgement on that?

- you want to eat that big mac burger, is that good or bad? You need religion to tell you? How did religion know it?

"sin" is actually religious tool of coercion -- it let you down, make you feel bad about yourself, so their God and his "savior" can come to rescue you: "you come to church pray and pay money"

Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,099,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selinabetrue View Post
I'm concerned about what you said here. What do you mean by "choose death just not to sin?" God certainly does not require us to choose death! Jesus died to save us from our sins! The wages of sin are death, but the GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. We should strive with every part of our being to live as God wants us to, but we are human, and will therefore sin by commission (things we do) or omission (things we should do, but do not). It's impossible to be sinless, but Jesus' sacrifice for our sins is counted to us for righteousness.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:42 PM

5,965 posts, read 6,972,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

Of course in religion and monopoly, apparently all you have to do to go to jail is step on the wrong square.
Made me laugh!

Old 06-25-2010, 12:05 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,165,435 times
Quote:
I think they are trying to equate life to a monopoly game, where you can draw a 'Get out of Jail Free' card from the Chance pile, or if that fails, just buy your way out.

Scary, eh? Can you imagine really believing that you or the people that you care about will be set on fire for all eternity if you are not saved? Talk about carrying one of the worst burdens ever invented by men on this planet!

It is a crying shame the Good News became the really, REALLY bad news.......

Old 06-25-2010, 01:03 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,676,854 times
Quote:

sounds like our justice system.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:24 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,621,088 times
[quote=selinabetrue;14762484]By reading some of the other threads i am a bit confused..

SIN= DEATH

EVEN if we have to choose death, just not to sin.. this is what he requires of us ... I hope i can do this.. it seems hard.. ( Narrow path .. few will choose-)[/quote]

You hang on to keeping the Ten Commandments of God!...including the 4th one...keeping the seventh day (Saturday) holy unto God and God will continue to bless you sweet child of God...and never lose this revelation of truth that God has so blessed you with...truly you see and truly you hear...never, ever allow anyone to ever tell you differently...you are on your way into the very arms of Jesus as your King for all eternity...just be strong and hang on to Him and Him alone...you CAN do it!!!...He told you you could!!!...and He is not a God who can lie!...what kind of God would require something of us that He knew we could not accomplish...?...Not our God...many blessings to you...many!

I will keep you in my prayers...I promise.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity