U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2015, 09:38 PM
 
1,614 posts, read 953,335 times
Reputation: 599

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
But...but.... California didn't break off and fall into the ocean. The fundamentalists really, really, really wanted that to happen. They'll be so disappointed the end came and they didn't get to enjoy all the heathens getting sent to a horrible death.
Joking aside, (and I do enjoy the jokes), I do fear Florida is going to be under water in my lifetime due to the melting rate of the Polar Ice Caps. My husband says that while he does fore-see a global apocalypse, he thinks it will happen at a rate of change slow enough so as not to seem like "sudden distruction". I am not convinced of that though. I'm not a big optimist on everything other than my faith that our suffering will pass away with the present world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2015, 11:34 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,680,231 times
Reputation: 1699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Joking aside, (and I do enjoy the jokes), I do fear Florida is going to be under water in my lifetime due to the melting rate of the Polar Ice Caps. My husband says that while he does fore-see a global apocalypse, he thinks it will happen at a rate of change slow enough so as not to seem like "sudden distruction". I am not convinced of that though. I'm not a big optimist on everything other than my faith that our suffering will pass away with the present world.
In order for Florida to go under... don't you think other coastal cities will go first? In any case... I think you will have some warning being so south of the ice caps. If you live in Florida, just run (or drive) over to the west if the Statue of Liberty is under water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2015, 05:36 AM
 
1,614 posts, read 953,335 times
Reputation: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
In order for Florida to go under... don't you think other coastal cities will go first? In any case... I think you will have some warning being so south of the ice caps. If you live in Florida, just run (or drive) over to the west if the Statue of Liberty is under water.
Me and millions upon millions of people fleeing to a place we are not welcome. Yes, I suppose. It might be better to just be swept away in a flood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2015, 08:11 AM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
13,756 posts, read 5,542,681 times
Reputation: 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
But...but.... California didn't break off and fall into the ocean. The fundamentalists really, really, really wanted that to happen. They'll be so disappointed the end came and they didn't get to enjoy all the heathens getting sent to a horrible death.
Right now California is so dry that even the Californians want California to fall into the ocean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2015, 08:15 AM
 
32,532 posts, read 30,703,496 times
Reputation: 32350
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Wait... I bought that sea property but it fell into the sea... Don't I get something?
Two words: scuba tours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2015, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,680,231 times
Reputation: 1699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Me and millions upon millions of people fleeing to a place we are not welcome. Yes, I suppose. It might be better to just be swept away in a flood.
I'd be in the same boat (rather awkward word choice) since I live on the pacific coast literally I can see ocean from where I'm sitting..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2015, 09:18 AM
 
13,493 posts, read 5,017,451 times
Reputation: 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
But...but.... California didn't break off and fall into the ocean. The fundamentalists really, really, really wanted that to happen. They'll be so disappointed the end came and they didn't get to enjoy all the heathens getting sent to a horrible death.
well, some of us on the east coast wouldn't mind seeing californication dropping into the ocean. Either that Or maybe letting each state fend for itself. They can keep their grubby unchecked socialism off my limited capitalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2015, 09:19 AM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,093 posts, read 23,942,870 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
well, some of us on the east coast wouldn't mind seeing californication dropping into the ocean. Either that Or maybe letting each state fend for itself. They can keep their grubby unchecked socialism off my limited capitalism.
Jesus was an unchecked socalist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2015, 09:30 AM
 
13,493 posts, read 5,017,451 times
Reputation: 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Jesus was an unchecked socalist.
yup, he was. I would never ask him for political advice. I wouldn't need to if I was in power. He wouldn't know a thing, he would just be walking around and teaching as free as a bird in his mind. Thinking he created his nice little world. I say good for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2015, 02:01 PM
 
5,184 posts, read 2,540,914 times
Reputation: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
But what is your proof (from scripture) that this event is future?
katjonjj, please notice that gospel writer John wrote the book of Revelation for the future - Revelation 1:10

The word revelation basically means a revealing. The book of Revelation is a revealing of the future.
It could Not be directed to the first century because John wrote Revelation toward the end of the first century.
The great tribulation of Matthew 24:21 had a limited or minor fulfillment in the year 70 for apostate Jerusalem.
Since Revelation was written after the year 70, then the major great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 would also be future.

Also, please consider Jesus' illustration of how the genuine ' wheat ' Christians would grow together over the centuries with the fake ' weed/tares ' Christians until the ' harvest time '. We know a harvest comes at an end time and Not sooner.

The coming ' time of separation ' ( harvest time ) of Matthew 25 vs 31,32 was also projected for the future.
Compare that with Matthew 16:27.

Then there is the fulfillment of Jesus' words at - Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 - that the good news of God's kingdom would be proclaimed on an international scale or global scale before the time of Jesus' glory.

When the apostles were thinking the kingdom ( God's government ) would be put in place in their day, then Jesus gave the illustration picture as described at Luke 19 vs 11-15 that Jesus, as the nobleman, would first have to go away to a far country ( heaven ) before Jesus would return in kingdom glory.

What do you see as to what the future will be ?

P.S. or anyone else have thoughts about the coming future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top