U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 01:33 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,674,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Perhaps it is based on the Genesis account of what a DAY is? When did mere mortals begin counting the days of a year? Truth is , does anyone really know what a year was in the 5th century BCE?
They knew then that there were 365 days in a year even back then the moon and seasons existed...

Egyptian Calendar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 11:58 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 649,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Judaism teaches that the start of this time is not the decree to build but the need to build. The destruction of the first temple to the destruction of the second exactly fits the timeline in Daniel. Read more from the source HERE.
Thank you for the link. I learned that a lunar year has 354 days, so I will refer to a biblical year in the future, which according to revelation has 360 days. The 150 days of the flood were 5 month with 30 days (Gen 7:11; 8:4). The Jewish calendar in our days has less days, that proofs that the time in the bible is different from the solar time and lunar time in our calendar, it has to be converted to our literal time.
Modern Judaism rejects not only Jesus as Messiah, the NT and the messianic prophesies in their own Tanakh. I suggested to a rabbi to study the prophets and what they say about the Messiah. His answer was: no. I asked: why. His answer was: I know to many who have done it and left Judaism. They study Thora and Talmut and have rejected messianic scriptures with their interpretations, including Dan 9:24-27, it would be interesting to read an interpretation before Christ.
I believe Dan 9:24-27 is a prophesy, that tells us the time of Jesus crucifixion. We know that this time is between 30-33 AD. If you believe in the interpretation given by Judaism, because it fits your doctrine, this is your faith. I do not agree, because their is no end of sin, nor everlasting righteousness till now. It will come with the second coming of Christ.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
Thank you for the link. I learned that a lunar year has 354 days, so I will refer to a biblical year in the future, which according to revelation has 360 days. The 150 days of the flood were 5 month with 30 days (Gen 7:11; 8:4). The Jewish calendar in our days has less days, that proofs that the time in the bible is different from the solar time and lunar time in our calendar, it has to be converted to our literal time.
Modern Judaism rejects not only Jesus as Messiah, the NT and the messianic prophesies in their own Tanakh. I suggested to a rabbi to study the prophets and what they say about the Messiah. His answer was: no. I asked: why. His answer was: I know to many who have done it and left Judaism. They study Thora and Talmut and have rejected messianic scriptures with their interpretations, including Dan 9:24-27, it would be interesting to read an interpretation before Christ.
I believe Dan 9:24-27 is a prophesy, that tells us the time of Jesus crucifixion. We know that this time is between 30-33 AD. If you believe in the interpretation given by Judaism, because it fits your doctrine, this is your faith. I do not agree, because their is no end of sin, nor everlasting righteousness till now. It will come with the second coming of Christ.
You're welcome for the link. I don't have any doctrine but a year is a year. There is no such thing as a spiritual year or a prophetic year.

I asked about this subject in the Judaism sub-forum and they said all prophesy was completed with the destruction of Jerusalem.

The whole prophecy in Daniel is focused on the Temple and the City of Jerusalem, not Jesus or a savior. Just the casual reading of it tells you that.

There would be no point in having less days in a Jewish calendar. Seasonal celebrations would be out of their seasons each year. Every calendar has 365.25 days.

The sin to end was the sin of the Pharisees as told in the NT. The end of sacrifices and that sin was complete when the temple was destroyed and the calculation found in the link is correct. There is no second coming of Christ. The book of Revelation foretold the destruction of the temple.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:36 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,436,179 times
Hi Kat,

Nice to see you again The 70th week ends at Stephen's death. The result of that is God turning his back on Israel, which has some effects that were seen in the 66-73 AD First Jewish War, which importantly, the theocratic culture fell when the temple was destroyed. The Sheniklah glory left the temple when the curtain was rent at Christ's death. Ezekiel (9-11) talks about this extensively. I believe you are also incorrect about the Book of Revelation, as it does not foretell the destruction of Jerusalem, but rather it proleptically looks back into its demise (Rev 11:1-2), specifically what was left of it, and hints at Nero's resurrection in Domitian (Rev 13). There is plenty more. I would suggest a revaluation of the full preterist philosphy, or anything that is preterist for that matter Peace and many blessings to you

Old 05-30-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Hi Kat,

Nice to see you again The 70th week ends at Stephen's death. The result of that is God turning his back on Israel, which has some effects that were seen in the 66-73 AD First Jewish War which its most important central culture fell with it when the temple was destroyed. The Sheniklah glory left the temple when the curtain was rent at Christ's death. Ezekiel (9-11) talks about this extensively. I believe you are also incorrect about the Book of Revelation, as it does not foretell the destruction of Jerusalem, but rather it proleptically looks back into its demise (Rev 11:1-2), specifically what was left of it, and hints at Nero's resurrection in Domitian (Rev 13). There is plenty more. I would suggest a revaluation of the full preterist philosphy, or anything that is preterist for that matter Peace and many blessings to you
Ah... Nice to see you again too! I realize we disagree on the date the book was written so you should participate in the thread I made about that. I am not actually a preterist or anything close but I do find the discussion interesting enough to post and challenge certain ideas/interpretations.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Ah... Nice to see you again too! I realize we disagree on the date the book was written so you should participate in the thread I made about that. I am not actually a preterist or anything close but I do find the discussion interesting enough to post and challenge certain ideas/interpretations.

That's great - that you aren't that is! Sorry I misunderstood you, I should note for everyone else, a lot of people believe the book was written before 70 AD and aren't preterist (just like the philosophy regarding the 70 weeks - like me), so please forgive my presumptuous remarks...where is the thread? I am getting old

Old 05-31-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
That's great - that you aren't that is! Sorry I misunderstood you, I should note for everyone else, a lot of people believe the book was written before 70 AD and aren't preterist (just like the philosophy regarding the 70 weeks - like me), so please forgive my presumptuous remarks...where is the thread? I am getting old
Hey... No worries, I just popped back up after years of being away so my thoughts and beliefs have changed quite a bit. I wouldn't expect you to know it all. I should have provided a link to the other discussion but I see you found it. Looking forward to hear what you think.

Old 05-31-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Hey... No worries, I just popped back up after years of being away so my thoughts and beliefs have changed quite a bit. I wouldn't expect you to know it all. I should have provided a link to the other discussion but I see you found it. Looking forward to hear what you think.
Excellent! I am interested in reading your current ideologies. I know we had some pretty good spats in the past, and of course, I apologize for any abrasiveness I extended towards you. I am looking forward to any future interactions with you. Peace!

Old 05-31-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Excellent! I am interested in reading your current ideologies. I know we had some pretty good spats in the past, and of course, I apologize for any abrasiveness I extended towards you. I am looking forward to any future interactions with you. Peace!
I was going to DM you but since we started here, I didn't want others to think just because we did have some great "spats" that you need to apologize. I remember them as intelligent discussions and always respected your knowledge. I guess one would call me agnostic now since I don't dismiss that there is a possibility a creator exists but I highly doubt it. However, I find theology and Christian doctrine fascinating. Talk to you soon!

Old 06-02-2015, 10:47 AM

2,202 posts, read 1,426,974 times
Defining end-times to seculars means the end of the world that could occur anytime whereas a biblically based christian is given a road map in extreme detail a chronology of events that has little to do with the end of the world ( someday the earth we will be destroyed by fire ),but that is so far off its a moot point except if your a quart low on God. Seculars chronologies are based on Hollywood movies and futuristic nonese and a distracting mentality caught in la la land. We still have harbingers, the sign and pangs phase (signs from the heavens and pangs from natural disasters) a great earthquake unlike ever seen by man that ushers in the 7 year Tribulation ,antichrist and the 1000 year reign of Christ in Jerusalem then whew! (out of breath) then Armageddon ( one Grey area is fitting in the battle of Gog and Magog whether before or after Armageddon?). These battles will see the virtual destruction of the entire Islamic state,army and even distant Islamics in safe non warring locations. ( billions die like sand on a sea shore). This ends its pagan hold on earth . The bible even details the timeline for cleaning up their stinking carcasses.

Last edited by openmike; 06-02-2015 at 11:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or