Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 09:21 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times

Advertisements

I started to post this on the thread about the 70AD prophecy,then decided not to possibly hijack it and instead post here.So here goes.

All you need to know about how silly the idea of the end times is, is this.Most end times prophecy,without going into great detail,is based around the idea of a final 7 year period of a prophecy from the book of Daniel still to be fulfilled.(google Daniel's 70 weeks for those interested in the details).But the prophecy makes clear that all the 490 years (70 weeks of years) should have already passed.Why?Because the starting point for the prophecy can be no later than 444 BC.It is based around the delivering of a decree to rebuild Jerusalem,and the last decree doing this was given in 444 BC.Obviously more than 490 years have past since that decree has been issued.So what gives with the end times folks and this problem?Ah,watch and learn the mind of a fundie Christian.According to Hal Lindsey,who is the guru emeritus on all things end times,God decided to "stop the stopwatch" after the 483rd year of the prophecy.Thhhaaattt'ss right folks!The 483rd year of the prophecy occurred sometime around Christ's time,the 484th has not yet started.Novel approach,no?When the countdown to a prophecy isn't going as it should for your belief,you simply stop counting.Until you want to start counting again.Evidently God didn't get the plan worked out exactly right in 444 BC,so He simply put the prophecy on hold.

And there you have it boys and girls.Never doubt the ability of a conservative literalist Christian to be able to twist and manipulate the Scriptures they claim to believe in LITERALLY.Except,of course,when their beliefs do not literally jibe with what Scripure says.Then all bets are off.

By the way,I am going out on a limb and predicting the election of a woman President in 2 1/2 years.If it doesn't occur in 2012,then obviously the stopwatch was stopped,and will begin ticking again at some future time.I imagine I will be able to tell exactly when it started reticking on,oh say,the Wednesday after a woman is elected in November.I'll get back to you on this.

Last edited by lifertexan; 06-24-2010 at 09:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
Hillary?
..or Palin? (God help us there!)

Old 06-24-2010, 11:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
nobody knows the end times, its clearly written.
let me know if you need citations. .
its when you least expect it.
there will be signs.
mark of the beast is one.
next time you are in a laundry mat check out the legs and arms on the orangutans sitting on the machines.
dont feel bad guy a whole lota people are betting heavy there is no god nor judgement day.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:50 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Hillary?
..or Palin? (God help us there!)
It will not surprise me if Palin wins the Presidency in 2012. Doesn't that make you feel safe!

Old 06-24-2010, 11:51 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
next time you are in a laundry mat check out the legs and arms on the orangutans sitting on the machines.
Would you care to explain to us what you meant by the above?

Old 06-24-2010, 11:52 PM

Oh yes.very safe.....Palin can see Russia from her house,you know!

Old 06-24-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Would you care to explain to us what you meant by the above?
LOL.I was wondering the same..

Old 06-25-2010, 12:35 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
It will not surprise me if Palin wins the Presidency in 2012. Doesn't that make you feel safe!
Not at ALL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
What the heck are you talking about??

Old 06-25-2010, 01:02 AM

sounds like a bad dream... someone needs to take their heartburn medication before going to bed!

or a joke.guy walks into a laundrymat.2 orangutans are sitting on the machines..guy says check out the arms n legs on THAT one...

Old 06-25-2010, 05:09 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
I started to post this on the thread about the 70AD prophecy,then decided not to possibly hijack it and instead post here.So here goes.

All you need to know about how silly the idea of the end times is, is this.Most end times prophecy,without going into great detail,is based around the idea of a final 7 year period of a prophecy from the book of Daniel still to be fulfilled.(google Daniel's 70 weeks for those interested in the details).But the prophecy makes clear that all the 490 years (70 weeks of years) should have already passed.Why?Because the starting point for the prophecy can be no later than 444 BC.It is based around the delivering of a decree to rebuild Jerusalem,and the last decree doing this was given in 444 BC.Obviously more than 490 years have past since that decree has been issued.So what gives with the end times folks and this problem?Ah,watch and learn the mind of a fundie Christian.According to Hal Lindsey,who is the guru emeritus on all things end times,God decided to "stop the stopwatch" after the 483rd year of the prophecy.Thhhaaattt'ss right folks!The 483rd year of the prophecy occurred sometime around Christ's time,the 484th has not yet started.Novel approach,no?When the countdown to a prophecy isn't going as it should for your belief,you simply stop counting.Until you want to start counting again.Evidently God didn't get the plan worked out exactly right in 444 BC,so He simply put the prophecy on hold.

And there you have it boys and girls.Never doubt the ability of a conservative literalist Christian to be able to twist and manipulate the Scriptures they claim to believe in LITERALLY.Except,of course,when their beliefs do not literally jibe with what Scripure says.Then all bets are off.

By the way,I am going out on a limb and predicting the election of a woman President in 2 1/2 years.If it doesn't occur in 2012,then obviously the stopwatch was stopped,and will begin ticking again at some future time.I imagine I will be able to tell exactly when it started reticking on,oh say,the Wednesday after a woman is elected in November.I'll get back to you on this.
They are masters of sleight of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity